Author Topic: A BUNCH OF AIRPORT CONFIGURATIONS (100+) IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL  (Read 414915 times)

FlightCrewOnly

Re: A BUNCH OF AIRPORT CONFIGURATIONS (70+) IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL
« Reply #735 on: June 16, 2019, 10:15:46 am »
This is very strange, here is my EGLL Scenery folder, I can't see any SODE, I downloaded them but the SODE.on/SODE.off bat file wouldn't run so I don't think I installed them.

Also, there is nothing for EGLL in my 12bpilot SODE folder.

FlightCrewOnly

« Reply #736 on: June 16, 2019, 10:27:40 am »
Here is the editor showing the AFCAD

FlightCrewOnly

« Reply #737 on: June 16, 2019, 10:34:21 am »
Sorry for the spam but SOLVED! You were right in that there was a SODE conflict somehow! Thank you for your work and assistance, sir, a true gentleman.

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #738 on: June 16, 2019, 10:37:15 am »
Sorry for the spam but SOLVED! You were right in that there was a SODE conflict somehow! Thank you for your work and assistance, sir, a true gentleman.
LOL no problem... Thanks Masterhwak for reminding me of the existance of this always forgotten page for me! Ok I tend to assume, since i have been dealing with this for almost a year now, that most of you know the basics of GSX, and since EGLL was done in the very beginning it has no mention whatsoever of removing the SODE default jetways. Also because at the time of creating that configuration, there were none.  I have a radiant new v5 for EGLL ready for publication as soon as the new great update is published for it has been designed with some of the "goodies" of this new future 2.6 version. I will make a note of this in the new instructions. But, lets review the 3 basic rules of installing a configuration:
1. A configuration that is replacing an existing Sode jetways of an airport. You must of course set to .off that .xml instruction that is placed in the C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml folder. In the case of EGLL you have 4 sodes.. turn them all to .off as to make sure none interfere in the GSX jetway configuration. EGLL-LIB.. (2 of them) and EGLL-OBJ (2 of them). setting to .off, means changing the file extensions from .xml to .off.
2. A configuration  that is replacing the CTRL-J jetways (this was the actual EGLL before placing the SODE jetways). This configuration comes with some exclusions. You can import mine or simply place my .ini file in the GSX folder and run a "COMPILE" in the GSX Control Panel.
3. A configuration with none of those, this is done by placing my .ini file in the GSX folder and it usually involves touching certaing files that involve fixed jetways. in EGLL, there is also a bit of this, since we remove some fixed jetways that are not operational. you have a note of this in the EGLL instructions.

There is also the fact that certain sceneries have various AFCAD files (the floor plan that sets the taxi ways, the parkings, etc of a scenery) depending usually on a configurator, such as EGLL has.. (It actually has 6 possible AFCADS: Europier or not, and each of those, with 3 runway configurations)... thus I always give you the corresponding .ini file for the runway or other configuration you have chosen for that scenery.

Hope this works for you guys. If you sitll have any problems with EGLL please report it.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 11:32:43 am by cartayna »

FlightCrewOnly

« Reply #739 on: June 16, 2019, 10:40:56 am »
LOL no problem... Thanks Masterhwak for reminding me of the existance of this always forgotten page for me! Ok I tend to assume, since i have been dealing with this for almost a year now, that most of you know the basics of GSX, and since EGLL was done in the very beginning it has no mention whatsoever of removing the SODE default jetways. Also because at the time of creating that configuration, there were none.  I have a radiant new v5 for EGLL ready for publication as soon as the new great update is published for it has been designed with some of the "goodies" of this new future 2.6 version. I will make a note of this in the new instructions. But, lets review the 3 basic rules of installing a configuration:
1. A configuration that is replacing an existing Sode jetways of an airport. You must of course set to .off that .xml instruction that is placed in the C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml folder. In the case of EGLL you have 4 sodes.. turn them all to .off as to make sure none interfere in the GSX jetway configuration. EGLL-LIB.. (2 of them) and EGLL-OBJ (2 of them). setting to .off, means changing the file extensions from .xml to .off.
2. A configuration  that is replacing the CTRL-J jetways (this was the actual EGLL before placing the SODE jetways). This configuration comes with some exclusions. You can import mine or simply place my .ini file in the GSX folder and run a "COMPILE" in the GSX Control Panel.
3. A configuration with none of those, this is done by placing my .ini file in the GSX folder and it EGLL instructions.

There is also the fact that certain sceneries have various AFCAD files (the floor plan that sets the taxi ways, the parkings, etc of a scenery) depending usually on a configurator, such as EGLL has.. (It actually has 6 possible AFCADS: Europier or not, and each of those, with 3 runway configurations)... thus I always give you the corresponding .ini file for the runway or other configuration you have chosen for that scenery.

Hope this works for you guys. If you sitll have any problems with EGLL please report it.

Thank you for these lessons, I have learned! I can't wait for your new Heathrow!

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #740 on: June 16, 2019, 11:36:39 am »

Thank you for these lessons, I have learned! I can't wait for your new Heathrow!
[/quote]
sure mate.. take care.

FlightCrewOnly

« Reply #741 on: June 16, 2019, 12:16:17 pm »
For GCRR I can't get it to work without putting the SODE file to .OFF, would this affect any other scenery elements? How should the SODE xml look after editing? Mine doesn't have text between <SODE> and <!-- Data Probe serving its clients --> as per your instructions?

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #742 on: June 16, 2019, 12:39:23 pm »
For GCRR I can't get it to work without putting the SODE file to .OFF, would this affect any other scenery elements? How should the SODE xml look after editing? Mine doesn't have text between <SODE> and <!-- Data Probe serving its clients --> as per your instructions?
of course you will not get it to work if you dont turn off the sode, that is rule number 1. you cant have 2 different sode jetways process running at the same time. In certain sceneries you have to edit the SODE xml file since they were not kind enough as to break the sode process into different files. most developers do, since they know that you might want to create your own jetways with GSX2. MKStudios is not one of them, and they leave some other sode process that control whoknowswhat in the same files. (windsocks or Rway lights for example). Which is quite Inconceivable in my opinion, since is a very recently released scenery.. in those cases, as i explain in step 2 of the GCRR instructions, you just have to remove the blocks of text that deal with GATES. (I have reviewed the instructions, and maybe i could have done a beetter job...
Try this, that i say in the updated instructions here attached on step 2. (basically is removing the blocks where it mentions the stands, and leaving the first ones.. where it talks about other stuff such as rway lights.) dont forget to leave the last <SODE> line there..
thus the sode file starts with:
<SODE>

<!-- Data Probe serving its clients -->
<SimObject Name="EDP Lanzarote">

And ends with:

<Condition ID="C" Variable="MetVisibility" Value="0-4000"/>
</ConditionalVisibility>
        </Model>
    </SimObject>

</SODE>

I dont want to share the finnished product of the .xml sode edited file for I am not 100% sure it is covered by their copyright. This that i am putting here not, for is basic SODE language.
let me know if it works for you... or show me your edited file and i will let you know if is correct...
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 12:50:02 pm by cartayna »

FlightCrewOnly

« Reply #743 on: June 16, 2019, 12:49:23 pm »
Thank you again, all working now! I'm learning slowly.

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #744 on: June 16, 2019, 01:03:58 pm »
Thank you again, all working now! I'm learning slowly.
Like Bruce Lee use to say, "be water my friend". ;)

FlightCrewOnly

« Reply #745 on: June 18, 2019, 10:17:03 am »
No, Heathrow has done it again, same places with missing gates. At this stage I am totally lost, I think something the scenery developers have done has messed with your preset, I have done everything several times and the result is the same. P3D really grinds you sometimes!  ??? I have removed the EGLL SODE entirely so it shouldn't be interfering, but it still says I have bgl jetways on the missing jetways, I have deleted the jib jetways file too.

When is your new version coming? What scenery is it for?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 10:28:12 am by FlightCrewOnly »

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #746 on: June 18, 2019, 01:41:38 pm »
No, Heathrow has done it again, same places with missing gates. At this stage I am totally lost, I think something the scenery developers have done has messed with your preset, I have done everything several times and the result is the same. P3D really grinds you sometimes!  ??? I have removed the EGLL SODE entirely so it shouldn't be interfering, but it still says I have bgl jetways on the missing jetways, I have deleted the jib jetways file too.

cant really say what is happening to you, for i have installed it from scractch WITHOUT installing the sode, fresh install of the Aerosft web, removed the jewayts.bgl file on the scenery folder that i mention on the instructions and making sure that i have the correct ini file. i dont have then any bgl jetway. sorry to hear that is not working on yours.
My new v5 for EGLL will come out as soon as the new v2.6 of gsx comes out, since is designed for that v.  But to be honest I very much doubt that will solve the issue.
Can you tell me what Europier or not, and rway configuration you have chosen in the AS scenery configurator and which precise .ini file you have chosen from my folders? i will do precisely what you have done and see the results.
Also, what gates are not showing jetways, would they be only those 3 gates that are in the Europier area or does it happen all over?

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #747 on: June 18, 2019, 01:42:34 pm »

cant really say what is happening to you, for i have installed it from scractch WITHOUT installing the sode, fresh install of the Aerosft web, removed the jewayts.bgl file on the scenery folder that i mention on the instructions and making sure that i have the correct ini file. i dont have then any bgl jetway. sorry to hear that is not working on yours.
My new v5 for EGLL will come out as soon as the new v2.6 of gsx comes out, since is designed for that v.  But to be honest I very much doubt that will solve the issue.
Can you tell me what Europier or not, and rway configuration you have chosen in the AS scenery configurator and which precise .ini file you have chosen from my folders? i will do precisely what you have done and see the results.
Also, what gates are not showing jetways, would they be only those 3 gates that are in the Europier area or does it happen all over?
ARE YOU 100% SURE THAT YOU HAVE TURNED OFF THE FOUR .XML FILES? FOUR

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #748 on: June 18, 2019, 01:43:05 pm »

My new v5 for EGLL will come out as soon as the new v2.6 of gsx comes out, since is designed for that v.  But to be honest I very much doubt that will solve the issue.
ARE YOU 100% SURE THAT YOU HAVE TURNED OFF THE FOUR .XML FILES? FOUR
or just go ahead and clean your sode from any existing file that refers to EGLL.

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #749 on: June 21, 2019, 10:22:52 am »
**********************  LIKE EVERY FRIDAY, NEW CONFIGURATIONS ON CARTAYNA FILES *********************
Hello everybody!

This week brought to us by www.SimMarket.com and www.simflight.de I add to my bunch a scenery from our friendly developers of LatinVFR, KMSY - New Orleans. Designed using PBR, giving the metal and glass structure of the terminal an interesting result. LatinVfr has entered a new phase in which they are developing great new sceneries and upgrading most of the old ones. The result in KMSY is a great product. Dynamic lights is a 10/10, where the light temperature is very realistic and has almost no impact on frames if you are inside the plane cabin.

LatinVFR are applying also now PBR to KMIA which, judging from the pictures I have seen, looks very very promissing. You can find the KMSY scenery at: https://secure.simmarket.com/latinvfr-new-orleans-kmsy-p3dv4.phtml

Have a great weekend. All the best!

Javier Iturralde Lind
Cartayna Files

>Scenery Configuraton LIST: https://1drv.ms/x/s!AhTH-vsr5l8bijGh5hJdjZq7yAye

>DOWNLOAD LINK FOR THE BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS:https://1drv.ms/f/s!AhTH-vsr5l8biitZv81ztm0BMXtr

>TUTORIAL IN DETAIL FOR GSX2: