Author Topic: A BUNCH OF AIRPORT CONFIGURATIONS (100+) IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL  (Read 410220 times)

nordicman

Re: A BUNCH OF AIRPORT CONFIGURATIONS (70+) IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL
« Reply #720 on: June 14, 2019, 03:16:32 pm »
Legend as usual!! Question in KLGA where we have to set to OFF in the SDX, on your instructions it has KEWR instead of KLGA but i figured you meant LGA not EWR

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #721 on: June 14, 2019, 03:35:07 pm »
Legend as usual!! Question in KLGA where we have to set to OFF in the SDX, on your instructions it has KEWR instead of KLGA but i figured you meant LGA not EWR
Hey! thanks for reporting it! corrected already in instructions.. yeap is KLGA_X.sdx -> KLGA_X.OFF
Cheers NM!

Timothy Metzinger

« Reply #722 on: June 15, 2019, 02:40:54 am »
ran into a problem with the GLASS ini file for KLGA:  Several gates with jetway_logo = AA in the config causing COUATL to crash.   Replaced with jetway_logo = FSDT_SODE_JW_TBC_1_4_LOGO_AA and all is well.

FlightCrewOnly

« Reply #723 on: June 15, 2019, 10:25:23 am »
Hello Cartayna

Thank you for your wonderful works, I am trying to use your EGLL but I am having some problems :(

As you can see, I have most of the gates but some are missing? I've followed the steps and rebuilt a few times, any ideas what I've done wrong? Am I also right in thinking there are not supposed to be gates on what is left of T1?

FCO~

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #724 on: June 15, 2019, 01:33:03 pm »
ran into a problem with the GLASS ini file for KLGA:  Several gates with jetway_logo = AA in the config causing COUATL to crash.   Replaced with jetway_logo = FSDT_SODE_JW_TBC_1_4_LOGO_AA and all is well.
Hi Timothy, let me check this,.. it might have to do with the fact that i am constantly swtiching between the old gsx2 (yours) and the new release. it shall not take me more than a few minutes to convert it.

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #725 on: June 15, 2019, 01:36:49 pm »
Hello Cartayna
Thank you for your wonderful works, I am trying to use your EGLL but I am having some problems :(
As you can see, I have most of the gates but some are missing? I've followed the steps and rebuilt a few times, any ideas what I've done wrong? Am I also right in thinking there are not supposed to be gates on what is left of T1?
FCO~
Hi there, you are welcome.
Your problem is different of Timothy's that is being fixed as we speak... huge airports such as EGLL, take a while to load the first time since the coualt engine is a bit lazy for this kind of vast configurations. You have to do a restart and rebuild airport cache twice (i dont care if anybody says is not true, do it). then a couple of times or until you get for the first time a "restart" coualt... "in theory" this you only have to do it the first time you install my configuration. But if you ever go back to egll and you have not messed up with the configuration, or tried another one, a restart of the coualt should do it.
Let me know.
Cheers

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #726 on: June 15, 2019, 01:49:49 pm »
*********************SOLVED************************
                            THANKS FOR REPORTING.
******NEW KLGA GLASS CONFIGURATION ON FOLDER*******
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 11:35:23 am by cartayna »

FlightCrewOnly

« Reply #727 on: June 15, 2019, 06:40:46 pm »
Hello Cartayna
FCO~
Hi there, you are welcome.
Your problem is different of Timothy's that is being fixed as we speak... huge airports such as EGLL, take a while to load the first time since the coualt engine is a bit lazy for this kind of vast configurations. You have to do a restart and rebuild airport cache twice (i dont care if anybody says is not true, do it). then a couple of times or until you get for the first time a "restart" coualt... "in theory" this you only have to do it the first time you install my configuration. But if you ever go back to egll and you have not messed up with the configuration, or tried another one, a restart of the coualt should do it.
Let me know.
Cheers

Hey Cartayna

I tried this several times and I still don't see those gates in the photo :(

FlightCrewOnly

« Reply #728 on: June 15, 2019, 06:43:47 pm »
For example, see the image.

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #729 on: June 15, 2019, 08:43:16 pm »
that is so strange, have they released SODE jetways for the SimWings EGLL? because you have a sode jetway active there.. do you see the BGL on the jetway?
have you removed the BGL that i talk about in the instructions?

FlightCrewOnly

« Reply #730 on: June 15, 2019, 10:38:09 pm »
that is so strange, have they released SODE jetways for the SimWings EGLL? because you have a sode jetway active there.. do you see the BGL on the jetway?

I did delete the lib jetways file from the EGLL scenery folder, I can't see the old jetways anymore but I can't see the new ones on certain stands either :( I think they did release SODE jetways recently.

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #731 on: June 15, 2019, 11:14:31 pm »

I did delete the lib jetways file from the EGLL scenery folder, I can't see the old jetways anymore but I can't see the new ones on certain stands either :( I think they did release SODE jetways recently.
ok, you must have installed the sode, go to it and remove it.. you have a SODE conflict. that is what it means when you have a BGL jetway on your configurator.. C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\xml   look in that folder for the sode of EGLL.. i cant tell  you which one it is for i do not have them.. and is very strange, because it isn't in my download page of Aerosoft.. (the Sode i mean)... i downloaded to see if that is a new version, (which it obviously is not), reinstalled it.. and there is no option of sode in mine.. but you clearly have installed one in that scenery.
let me know if you find it and how it goes..

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #732 on: June 15, 2019, 11:42:04 pm »
one question, why doesnt your afcad show on the configurator.. as it does on mine? make the screen bigger and see if it shows.

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #733 on: June 15, 2019, 11:51:31 pm »
Ok, for a moment i thought that i could reproduce the problem and it was because i made a stupid mistake of choosing the wrong configuration of runways in the ini file.
It works perfect after uninstalling and installing.
What puzzles me is why you dont have an afcad file showing in the configuration panel as i showed you in the previous post. please make a capture of those files that are located in the scenery folder of EGLL scenery.. there seems to be something wrong in those afcads, for GSX is not capable of picking them up.. very strange.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 11:53:45 pm by cartayna »

masterhawk

« Reply #734 on: June 16, 2019, 09:37:49 am »
Hi, yes simwings has sode for their airports. Latest is always here:
http://www.sim-wings.com/SUPPORT_SODE.htm