Author Topic: A BUNCH OF AIRPORT CONFIGURATIONS (100+) IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL  (Read 410269 times)

Gegels

Re: A BUNCH OF AIRPORT CONFIGURATIONS (70+) IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL
« Reply #705 on: May 28, 2019, 05:52:00 pm »
Javier, gates 63 and 65 working fine now, don't know what exactly caused the problem yesterday, sorry about that.

However, just tested with gate E66 and got the same message as before. I'll write it down and let you know, if I find anything more.

Cheers

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #706 on: May 28, 2019, 06:12:27 pm »
Javier, gates 63 and 65 working fine now, don't know what exactly caused the problem yesterday, sorry about that.
However, just tested with gate E66 and got the same message as before. I'll write it down and let you know, if I find anything more.
Cheers
dont worry, as a friend says, shit happens. yes, in the video i explain why that gate does not work, mostly because is a Heavy. Is hard to please all planes with gsx2.
cheers.

Gpxe

« Reply #707 on: May 30, 2019, 02:13:35 am »
Dear Javier

Thanks for your time and for sharing all this with the community.

FlyTampa Afcads for EHAM have all K parkings upside down (the orientation is not in the appron link direction, but reverse). Is there a way to change that within the GSX ini files  ? For now, I can't see the marshaller's face ut their back when I'm coming to parking.

Thanks

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #708 on: May 31, 2019, 06:08:16 pm »
Dear Javier
FlyTampa Afcads for EHAM have all K parkings upside down (the orientation is not in the appron link direction, but reverse). Is there a way to change that within the GSX ini files  ? For now, I can't see the marshaller's face ut their back when I'm coming to parking.
Thanks
Hello!
Since we still dont know when is the very much antcipated FT EHAM going to be released, or when it is, that this will be corrected AND, due to the fact that FT does not mind users modifying and sharing the Afcad, here is a pack containing all rw configurations with Parkings K corrected.
REMEMBER that you have to write the name of the afcad that you use in my ini file, otherwise wont work (second line of the .ini file). You obviously need to set the old AFcad .off or delete it. up to you.
Enjoy it.
Cheers,

J
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 06:09:48 pm by cartayna »

cartayna

• Beta tester
A BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS AIRPORTS (70+) IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL
« Reply #709 on: May 31, 2019, 06:44:08 pm »
**********************  LIKE EVERY FRIDAY, NEW CONFIGURATIONS ON CARTAYNA FILES *********************
Hello everybody!

I have some good and bad news for you guys.   Lets start with the bad ones.. As I am working with FSDT betatesting their new GSX2 upgrade (that is OUTSTANDING by the way), this weeks release was developed using my GSX2 Beta Version. Unfortunatelly this does not work on your GSX2 (bad boy Umberto lol). Thus, this configuration will be part of next week's Cartayna's release IF by then, the upgrade has been finnished and published. (I hear is close). Today's scenery was again brought to us by our dear friends from  www.SimMarket.com and www.simflight.de. This was the first time I accepted to do a scenery that we already had by another developer in Cartayna files, LEPA - Palma de Mallorca, this time by Just Sim.  Fortunatelly for you guys, this scenery has a gsx2 configuration (of course not as good as mine....lol), Sode jetways and trust me when I tell you, amazing textures and a very very close to real life terminal. I have lived in that island for some time and is exactly as depicted by our good friends from JustSim.  Made in v4. You can finde this scenery at https://secure.simmarket.com/justsim-palma-de-mallorca-airport-p3d4.phtml

Now the good news, It has been crazy lately the amount of work perfomed at Cartayna Files to get ready for a publication of 5 sceneries all together that will come at the same time than the release of the new GSX Level 2. I will not disclose the sceneries that will be here for is a little surprise,.. specially one of them, the first V5! This one alone has taken way over 100h to develope (and is not even finnished).  Needless to say that it will be the first to be able to show you the full capacity of this amazing upgrade of this fantastic addon, GSX.  The others will be brought to you in v4 format, for the upgrade of all my configurations to v5 is something I am still discussing with FSDT.  With this scneries, Cartayna will reach the outstanding number of 75 of the best sceneries released in the market for p3d and fsx, all of them, needless to say, available in www.SimMarket.com.  If next week i am able to bring this to this magic number of 75 sceneries it would be awesome, as it will match the number of 50,000!! estimated reads that this page will reach by then...

So, as we still dont know if by next friday the upgrade will be ready yet, I will have the next scenery developed with the old GSX (yours). This way, next week I will not show here empty handed. Its going to be a little crazy to do it using the old system, for at the same time betatesting the new, requires me to uninstall and install constantly both versions of GSX2. Sorry about this, and I feel really bad to be this the first time ever, that I have broke my promise of bringing you something new every friday, but it has not really been my fault..

Also, althought to most of you work this works perfectly,  to the few of you that have been having some very weird textures problems when installing my KEWR configuration, Stanislaw Drzwiecky and I are awaiting for your private email with copies of your captures of your sceneries, so we can find out what is going on with your configuration. We are both very shocked that this is happening, since if it works for some, it should work for the rest. I bet Stanislaw a beer that is because the steps of the installation have not been followed properly or perhaps those users do not have the latest version of New York Airports installed... we will see. My email is bellow my face on the corresponding icon.

Have a great weekend. All the best!

Javier Iturralde Lind
Cartayna Files

>Scenery Configuraton LIST: https://1drv.ms/x/s!AhTH-vsr5l8bijGh5hJdjZq7yAye

>DOWNLOAD LINK FOR THE BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS:https://1drv.ms/f/s!AhTH-vsr5l8biitZv81ztm0BMXtr

>TUTORIAL IN DETAIL FOR GSX2:

« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 07:40:38 pm by cartayna »

Gpxe

« Reply #710 on: June 01, 2019, 12:55:05 am »
Many thanks, that is super kind of you !!

Dear Javier
FlyTampa Afcads for EHAM have all K parkings upside down (the orientation is not in the appron link direction, but reverse). Is there a way to change that within the GSX ini files  ? For now, I can't see the marshaller's face ut their back when I'm coming to parking.
Thanks
Hello!
Since we still dont know when is the very much antcipated FT EHAM going to be released, or when it is, that this will be corrected AND, due to the fact that FT does not mind users modifying and sharing the Afcad, here is a pack containing all rw configurations with Parkings K corrected.
REMEMBER that you have to write the name of the afcad that you use in my ini file, otherwise wont work (second line of the .ini file). You obviously need to set the old AFcad .off or delete it. up to you.
Enjoy it.
Cheers,

J

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #711 on: June 01, 2019, 02:47:20 am »
Many thanks, that is super kind of you !!

Dear Javier
Thanks
Hello!
Enjoy it.
Cheers,

J
kind and polite words get one as far as one needs to go. And those are just what we need nowadays.
Enjoy it.

ricere

« Reply #712 on: June 02, 2019, 03:29:00 pm »
Hello,
I've recently downloaded the GCRR installation (glass) package, but I'm not able to see the any of the jetways. I prepped the SODE .xml file according to the directions, but no Jetways. Is there a screenshot available that shows what the GCRR XML file should look like once the change is made to the file? All of the ground support equipment was there.

Thanks

Richard

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #713 on: June 02, 2019, 03:47:26 pm »
Hello,
I've recently downloaded the GCRR installation (glass) package, but I'm not able to see the any of the jetways. I prepped the SODE .xml file according to the directions, but no Jetways. Is there a screenshot available that shows what the GCRR XML file should look like once the change is made to the file? All of the ground support equipment was there.

Thanks

Richard
Do you see still the default jetways?

ricere

« Reply #714 on: June 02, 2019, 06:43:46 pm »
No, I did not.

Richard

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #715 on: June 02, 2019, 06:51:52 pm »
No, I did not.

Richard
(besides the cars, do you see the dockings right?)
ok,do me a favor, restart the coualt. if this does not work, that .xml on the xml folder of sode to .off.
go to the menu in p3d or fsx and do a reload all on the sode menu, then a restart and rebuild airport cache.. if they dont show, do a restart of the coualt.
This has to work, .. let me know.

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #716 on: June 07, 2019, 10:28:35 am »
**********************  LIKE EVERY FRIDAY, NEW CONFIGURATIONS ON CARTAYNA FILES *********************
Hello everybody!

Cartayna Files' workshop has been extremely busy this last days to redo all the configurations I was going to bring ready to work with the new huge update that GSX2 is bringing (2.6).. since there is just a bit of dealy on this, I have decided to REDO all the configurations I had ready in this new version as to have them work for you in the actual version of GSX2 (2.5) as to not break the sacred rule anymore of at least one configuration every friday....Specially since today we are cellebreating the reach of 50.000 reads of this forum page that started over eight months ago ... and over 70 scenery configurations. So to compensate last weeks breach of this sacred rule, i am today bringing 4 configurations... and leaving for next week our 75 scenery configuration... for next week I have chosen for such magic number, something I have never done before: an FSDT Scenery configuration. This here has never been done before since FSDT's sceneries are supposed to have perfect GSX2 configurations. I was told by a good friend editor of a great Sim Magazine..." do them in glass.. i like to see the passengers boarding..". So what best way to cellebrate next magic number than to do so with one of this great developer's product.

So lets get to the point. Our cellebration of this 50.000 reads has been supported this week by our allways loyal supporters www.SimMarket.com and www.simflight.de that have made possible to bring you tons of good configurations till this day.. I wanted to bring you a small airport of my country LEST - Santiago de Compostela by FSXScenery. Is a modest airport that the developers use to raise funds for an NGO, so when you go to SimMarket to buy this, their funds go directly to a project they have been supporting for some time now.  Is a modest scenery with a heart of gold. You can find thsi scenery at: https://secure.simmarket.com/fsxcenery-lest-santiago-de-compostela-international-airport-fsx-p3d.phtml

Another supporter of Cartayna Files during this past time has been Drzwiecki Designs. This past week I have been working on this huge project released by Stanislaw Drzwiecki, one of the most senior developers in our Sim World and probably the first to develop his products for all the possible Sim Platforms. He just released his first PBR airport pack CHICAGO X. The package comes with the two largest airports in Chicago and one small business jet airport. This has been quite a challenge, for I decided to bring you the 2 large airports together in this publication. KORD has been for many years the busiest airport in the world, being now the 8th.  The huge challenge has been to create this file in V5 using some of the advance features of the soon to be released GSX2 v2.6, which took me about 120 hours to develop.   And a few more to downgrade this configuration for v4 so you guys can use it now, and not have to wait any longer. Some of the advantages of v5 are still left on the package but this are not the most relevant... just some excel that will tell you where to park, planes to use in parkings, airlines, map of the terminal and so forth. Chicago O'Hare (KORD) has one of the most complex pushback systems in the planet, for they had to create this very very interesting floor map where pushbacks are performed half the way as to not block next parking when pushing back. Also the U shape terminals have 3 taxing streets where you can be pushing back as to not block the traffic on this complicated terminals. But I will not talk anymore about this, for I will be disclosing some of the amazing new features of GSX2 v2.6. So here I bring you, thanks to the generosity of Stanislaw KORD - Chicago O'Hare - V4  - Drzewiecki Designs and KMDW - Chicago Midway - V4 - Drzewiecki Designs. I had left undone from the NY Airports of Stanislaw Drzewiecki (I cant believe i can finally write your name without looking at my notes), KLGA - La Guardia  to complete the pack of KJFK and KEWR, that are already available in my pack.  This will be available next week. During this past months we have done your EPWA, KJFK, KEWR, KLGA, KSEA, KDCA, KORD & KMDW!! not bad. 8 in total. You can find Chicago X at: https://secure.simmarket.com/drzewiecki-design-chicago-airports-x-fsx-fsw-p3d.phtml

Also, as you well know, last week I had left unpublished the new LEPA from JustSim due to the fact that was developed in the new GSX2 v2.6 and this did not work on your v2.5.. so I have also downgraded it to a V4 that will work in your system. So this weeks 4th scenery configuration is LEPA - Palma de Mallorca - V4 - JustSim, brought to you thanks to our good friends of www.SimMarket.com and www.simflight.de.  This scenery brings PBR, interesting dynlights and a very very realistic set of textures of the terminal that makes it very similiar to what this terminal is in the real life. I know this for I have lived in that beautiful island for some time.  You can find this scenery at https://secure.simmarket.com/justsim-palma-de-mallorca-airport-p3d4.phtml.

I have done a minor modification in the installation of EGKK of UK2000, thanks to the user "413x3", that asked me to modify the SODE modification of EGKK as to not loose the windsocks of the scenery when installing GSX2 Cartayna configuartion.

Javier Iturralde Lind
Cartayna Files

>DOWNLOAD LINK FOR THE BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS:https://1drv.ms/f/s!AhTH-vsr5l8biitZv81ztm0BMXtr

« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 07:10:51 pm by cartayna »

StarBlue

« Reply #717 on: June 08, 2019, 07:40:18 pm »
Javier, I posted this elsewhere but again THANK YOU.  This is greatly appreciated and thanks for all of your hard work!
Jhan M. Jensen
KSLC/KOGD/KHIF

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #718 on: June 08, 2019, 08:29:24 pm »
Javier, I posted this elsewhere but again THANK YOU.  This is greatly appreciated and thanks for all of your hard work!
You are quite welcome SB!
cheers

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #719 on: June 14, 2019, 01:41:49 pm »
Hello everybody!

This week I am bringing you my 75th configuration. I was going to be an FSDT scenery sponsored by www.SimMarket.com and www.simflight.de, but since i still have to get certain things right from the Afcad of this scenery that I am awaiting a solution from FSDT, I have posponed this till next week that I hope Umberto can help me with this. He has been quite busy with the last FSExpo, so lets give him a bit of time to catch breath.

Instead but not least, today I bring you my last scenery of Stanislaw Drzwiecki. As I mentioned last week,  I had left undone from the NY Airports of Stanislaw, KLGA - La Guardia - NY Airports X v2 . With this, I complete the pack of NY Airports X v2 with its KJFK and KEWR, that are already available in my files.  https://secure.simmarket.com/drzewiecki-design-chicago-airports-x-fsx-fsw-p3d.phtml. Thanks Stanislaw for your generosity and kind attention that has made this possible. It has been a great plasure to work with you this past months since I released your first Cartayna configurations.. please do not ever stop bringing such a great product to our SimWorld.

Javier Iturralde Lind
Cartayna Files