Author Topic: A BUNCH OF AIRPORT CONFIGURATIONS (100+) IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL  (Read 410490 times)

cartayna

• Beta tester
Re: A BUNCH OF AIRPORT CONFIGURATIONS (60+) IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL
« Reply #690 on: May 25, 2019, 12:51:38 am »
Next friday is your lucky day. New LEPA will be available in Cartayna Files.
Cheers
Dear Javier,
Thank you so much for your amazing work. This will be very much appreciated personally and from all the GSX community for sure! Thank you for your time and so kind respond to my wish :)
You are quite welcome!
by the way, news coming from JustSim's CEO, a major update of this LEPA scenery is coming tomorrow, Sode included. It looks quite nice, so I can't imagine what major can it be, sounds exciting. I have the configuration ready, but he asked me to wait until the update is released.
Cheers

FireCapt

Re: A BUNCH OF AIRPORT CONFIGURATIONS (70+) IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL
« Reply #691 on: May 25, 2019, 09:26:37 pm »
Ray,
I like to request one for LatinVFR's  KMSY please.

Thanks,
 ;)

Timothy Metzinger

« Reply #692 on: May 26, 2019, 09:20:02 pm »
Can I ask a favor?   Would you consider adding a column to your spreadsheet showing the date of the latest revision?  That will let us quickly find and install any updates (i.e. when you bring an 'older' version up to v3 or v4 status).

Thanks!

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #693 on: May 26, 2019, 09:35:20 pm »
Can I ask a favor?   Would you consider adding a column to your spreadsheet showing the date of the latest revision?  That will let us quickly find and install any updates (i.e. when you bring an 'older' version up to v3 or v4 status).

Thanks!
Hi Timothy,

We had a conversation about this long time ago, that was one of the suggestions, the other, the versions...and I end up creating the versions as to be able to identify that you have the latest or not.  Similar as you have with sceneries. Once the file is published i very rarely do anything more with it, that is, if i make a change i publish it on the forum. I have done that once or twice i believe in 10 months. So, 99.99% of the times if i make a change, is to upgrade the configuration to a higher V.

Having said this, i am not sure 100% that I will continue with the project or updating them any more. it depends on how is the new upgrade of GSX2, coming up very very soon, if there is one issue solved, i would start slowly upgrading the files to v5. If is not solved, a big job that i had done in the pass month for this upgrade, that offers some very nice changes in my configurations, will probably go to the garbage.  Not up to me.

Once i do that, and reach 80 sceneries, the project will very probably stop. Still yet to decide, ...

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #694 on: May 27, 2019, 11:39:53 am »

Thanks!
Timothy, also you can do this, in the link it sends you to OneDrive, there i am almost certain that in your view, you can sort things by date it has been modified. It does in my view, but i am not certain it does on you guys side of it.
J

alpet

« Reply #695 on: May 27, 2019, 03:15:52 pm »
Guys, is it possible to use your scenery configs for GSX v1? I need only correct vehicles positions if honestly, i.e. I don't need SODE jetways etc.

thanks

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #696 on: May 27, 2019, 04:36:30 pm »
Guys, is it possible to use your scenery configs for GSX v1? I need only correct vehicles positions if honestly, i.e. I don't need SODE jetways etc.

thanks
nope,it will crash.

Gegels

« Reply #697 on: May 27, 2019, 10:17:51 pm »
Javier, I noticed something interesting today (and yes, I installed everything the correct way as the gates themselves are shown this time! ;)

I did a flight from KSFO to KLAS (both with your modifications installed) and called the ground service together with the jetways as it's easier for handle with the FSLabs.

Once I was about to attach the glass jetway over the menu at KSFO, I got the message "no jetway will operate from this position" (I tried Gate 63 and 65) although the jetways are clearly visible. Did I miss something again or is it an .ini error on this position?

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #698 on: May 28, 2019, 10:45:43 am »
Javier, I noticed something interesting today (and yes, I installed everything the correct way as the gates themselves are shown this time! ;)
I did a flight from KSFO to KLAS (both with your modifications installed) and called the ground service together with the jetways as it's easier for handle with the FSLabs.
Once I was about to attach the glass jetway over the menu at KSFO, I got the message "no jetway will operate from this position" (I tried Gate 63 and 65) although the jetways are clearly visible. Did I miss something again or is it an .ini error on this position?
Yes that is the most annoying thing of the configurations and i must have missed those gates in the test. that message shows when you park a plane and the jetway can 't reach the plane due to the jet size. this can be for one of 2 reasons.
1. i placed a too small jetway on that parking position.
2. you park the plane far away from the STOP docking position.

In GSX is extremely important that you follow  the criteria of plane size. for i usually test the small with an airbus320, a medium with a 787-8 and the large with a boeing. It can happen that if you go with, e.g. an a320 to a heavy, you might end up in the 747 stop position gate, but the jet will not be able to reach your plane.

having said all this, i will check those gates with my fslabs a320 and will let you know if an update of that airport config is needed.

Cheers.

Gegels

« Reply #699 on: May 28, 2019, 11:20:08 am »
OK, so if there is anything, I can help you with in particular at this point regarding the testing or anything else, just let me know, I'm really happy to help!

Regarding the parking spot itself, I just loaded the aircraft from the "starting screen of P3D to the mention positions, so I don't know for sure, if this could be a parking issue than, if no flight was made before.

Like I said before: I just thought, it would be fair to let you know and offer some help with it (maybe I’ll find even more, if it's needed, cause I'm really relying on those configurations now, as they're just simplifying so much things regarding my handicap!

Thanks for your awesome work!

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #700 on: May 28, 2019, 11:30:00 am »
OK, so if there is anything, I can help you with in particular at this point regarding the testing or anything else, just let me know, I'm really happy to help!
Regarding the parking spot itself, I just loaded the aircraft from the "starting screen of P3D to the mention positions, so I don't know for sure, if this could be a parking issue than, if no flight was made before.
Like I said before: I just thought, it would be fair to let you know and offer some help with it (maybe I’ll find even more, if it's needed, cause I'm really relying on those configurations now, as they're just simplifying so much things regarding my handicap!
Thanks for your awesome work!
Gegels,
As a matter of fact:
1. yes, when you do the "Go to" in the sim, that places the plane in the parking position (i try to have both postions stop and parking the same)...
2. Does it help, you bet! there are too many configurations and with time, and after over 1200 hours of doing more than 70 configurations i have developed the intuition of knowing when a jet will be able to reach or not. This is not the best test, as it was at the beginning when i actually tried all the parking positions, which took forever, since you have to do it with the correct plane on each. Thus is possible that i am making mistakes in the size of a jetway.  A report of you guys can make a huge difference and make me save time. So please do let me know if you find any error on parking postions and jetway reach.
Cheers
J

Gegels

« Reply #701 on: May 28, 2019, 12:21:49 pm »
OK, so I will drop you a message, as soon as I see some other incorrect handlings than! I've to say that I'm more the kind of an Airbus guy, bit I'm happy to help in any way!

Cheers

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #702 on: May 28, 2019, 12:29:30 pm »
OK, so I will drop you a message, as soon as I see some other incorrect handlings than! I've to say that I'm more the kind of an Airbus guy, bit I'm happy to help in any way!
Cheers
no problem, if you are airbus, you can test the small parkings. i am making you a video, for my fslabs in those parkings works perfect.. just to make sure we are talking the same position and configuration,
will post it in a minute, i had to uninstall the beta version and install yours, for it crashes with the old version.

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #703 on: May 28, 2019, 12:44:37 pm »
Cheers
Are you sure we are talking of the same scnery and the same gsx configuration? see this: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AhTH-vsr5l8bjI01Gd5yoRVJa9LmnQ

Gegels

« Reply #704 on: May 28, 2019, 04:36:34 pm »
Yep, I got the exact same one after using the link you mentioned above yesterday, to rule out any mistakes before reporting the "bug" to you (Did a complete reinstallation by following the steps from the readme).

I'll keep an eye on it and report back!