Author Topic: A BUNCH OF AIRPORT CONFIGURATIONS (100+) IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL  (Read 414629 times)

cartayna

• Beta tester
Re: A BUNCH OF AIRPORT CONFIGURATIONS (60+) IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL
« Reply #600 on: April 15, 2019, 09:44:24 pm »
hello! first of all : THANKS for all your great work!
i would like to know if its possible that all the ai planes can be docked. i mean: auto dock. before, i could have auto-dock with them because i had sode. Is it possible that now is with your changes?
thanks and sorry for my english.

abraham
Hello Abraham,

unfortunatelly not, GSX can not service AI planes. The use of our pc resources if it did something like this would be huge. But i dont develope FSDT GSX itself, this is more a question for Umberto, than for me.. But i bet you a beer that is what he would say.
Cheers.

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #601 on: April 15, 2019, 09:48:11 pm »
1 and 2 have been corrected

!Hola, Javier!

I have downloaded the corrected LTBS version, but there still seems to be only the metal option to choose.
Could you have a look once you find some time?

!Gracias!
Hello Rafa!
Yeap, i am working slowly but safely in recovering a TOTAL DISASTER in my pc. LTBS is now full operative. I have lost months of work that thank god half of it was in the cloud. I had to restore my pc going back to p3d v4.4 since 4.5 was a mess. In doing that i pressed by mistake one single stupid key, and lost all the configurations that i was working for this and a new project of dynamic lighting that i have been researching for a long time, as to bring it to this forum or to a new one.. who knows. All gone, what are the chances of 2 hard discs being corrupted when backing up and restoring? very slim. As my brain is now. very slim.
Enjoy it.

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #602 on: April 15, 2019, 09:51:17 pm »
Hi Stu,
thanks for reporting this. Andres will check it 2morrow first thing in the morning and if we see the same, i will notify you so you can download the new configuration with those issues solved.
cheers.

Any news on this?
Hi Stu,
i am doing my best as to recuperate the situation in my pc that i have reported to several users. i am in full recovery plan with huge amount of information corrupted or lost. ASAP i will get on top of it. First i wanted to fix last publication that had miracously disapeared.. in part.
Will let you know when ready, that is if I have not shot my self first. f....g p3dv4.5.

abranpuko

« Reply #603 on: April 15, 2019, 09:59:13 pm »
i would like to know if its possible that all the ai planes can be docked. i mean: auto dock. before, i could have auto-dock with them because i had sode. Is it possible that now is with your changes?

abraham
Hello Abraham,

unfortunatelly not, GSX can not service AI planes. The use of our pc resources if it did something like this would be huge. But i dont develope FSDT GSX itself, this is more a question for Umberto, than for me.. But i bet you a beer that is what he would say.
Cheers.

Thansk for the answer, i wish someday that designs can serve ai planes. Then i continue using sode ones, (they have service of autodock jetways)...it would be nice at least that all ai planes used sode jetways (for having autodock) but mine, wich would be yours designs:) thanks!!!

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #604 on: April 15, 2019, 10:01:29 pm »

abraham
Hello Abraham,

Cheers.

Thansk for the answer, i wish someday that designs can serve ai planes. Then i continue using sode ones, (they have service of autodock jetways)...it would be nice at least that all ai planes used sode jetways (for having autodock) but mine, wich would be yours designs:) thanks!!!
I know, but GSX jetways are much more complex than 99.999999% of the sode jetways you see in the market. i am sure we will get there some day. not yet. sorry, but ask Umberto, who knows. that time might be closer than we think

cartayna

• Beta tester
Hello Javier,

Sorry bothering you, but I believe I messed up something at EHAM. For some reason I don't have any parking systems mounted at the gates anymore. Jetways are normally functional. Reinstalling your ini file and restarting Couatl/rebuild airport cache doesn't bring them back either.
Opening the "customize airport positions" menu it says "no parking system" at the parking system option.
Am I getting crazy? I'm very very sure I had a parking system at EHAM
Do you maybe have an idee what went wrong or what I should do?
Thanks a lot and have a great day!

Björn
heeeelo. cant say right now. thanks to our good friends at p3d and its shitty v4.5 i am out of order. i have to reinstall everything (notv4.5 of course) and i will be out of order for a few days ... but from what i can remember EHAM i did not place any dockings for it has its own. i left a few marshalls by mistake on certain gates that i still have to fix when i am back alive.  For you to have the dockings (FT) you need to go to the FT's configurator and activate the option.
cheers.
Oh man, sorry to hear that. It's always "very funny" installing everything over again. Good luck with that!
Thank you anyway for giving me some info, I'll check with the FT configuration.

Hey Björn, and this also goes to Stu, here is what is going on with EHAM.

As it happens to Björn, for some who knows reason, there is an error on the Scenery configurator (i will report it) with the P3D option to turn on dockings, if i had time, which i dont at this moment with all the load of work regarding my system (almost fully operational but with sad loss of amazing data that i was working for 2 months to surprise you guys), i would go into the scenery files to find which is the one that the configurator should change in order for us to have the scenery default dockings, which are really nice here. Björn, I reinstalled my v1.11 and nothing... So i am goint to do this, and this is also for you Stu, I am going to do a full remake of EHAM. It needs a lot of work. In the CTP event the other day I saw that pushbacks need major work, following the pushback directions that this complex scenery should have. I did my classic configuration, but for this scenery is not enough. Also, I will add GSX's dockings to all the positions that defaults have been mysteriously eliminated, i will review the AFCAD to see if we need to touch the parking positions (this is you Stu), or if it is just a matter of GSX Stops postion.

Stu, in this case i will do my best,but also remember the issue in P3d & GSX, that it for now does not have any kind of algorythm that will adapt the corrected stop position, depending the plane you are using, thus i might set a good stop position in a Small Parking, and if you use a 737 for that same parking, the configuration will use the one that i did for an a320, thus it might not have a perfect stop postion, but the case you reported, that should be easily improved.

Having said all this, is going to be a major job, and rather doing a shitty patch, i rather do a good job, so bear with me.

Björn, if i find out about this odd issue of the dockings of EHAM, I will keep you posted.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 10:47:44 am by cartayna »

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #606 on: April 16, 2019, 12:59:11 am »
hi javier,

quick question, is there something wrong on EHAMs H-pier? I have a docking system (that shows STOP way too early) AND a marshaller, who stands a little unfortunate behind the tow truck....
messed up on my end?
BR
Stu
OOK, now i know what is wrong with your stop postion. here is the thing on the default dockings, they use a STOP position that it does not withdraw such stop position from my GSX configuration, but rather from the scnery's AFCAD. This is why i have removed them from most of the airports, since you have to mess with the Afcad, and this scenery HAS 4! it would take me ages to alter such an ammount of Afcads, thus, and since i have told you guys that the configurator in the last update has messed the option of adding one type of docking or another, i can only do one thing, Find the way to get rid of all of them (in the case of Björn & I is easy, since that option is broken), and place one of GSX2. this way you will be told to stop, wherever i tell GSX to stop, as you see in these captures, the stop is in a fairly ok position. Unlike yours, that it stops far away, in other words, if that marshall you saw on the pic, it would be a GSX docking, it would have told you to stop where my attached image shows. (you have the same gsx postion in all the cartayna Gate H4 parking),
Till we find how to get rid of the dockings for everybody, there is not much i can do, but Flytampa usually answers pretty soon. I will nevertheless start working on the EHAM remasterized and upgraded it to v4. patient because is huge.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 10:44:01 am by cartayna »

Swordfish

« Reply #607 on: April 16, 2019, 11:46:28 am »
Hello Javier,

Thank you for digging into this! I reinstalled the old Flytampa configurator and the docking system is back again, so you're totally right and I can confirm that the docking system issue has definitely to do with the updated Flytampa configurator!

I wish you a pleasant day and thanks again for everything you do for the flightsim community!

Björn

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #608 on: April 16, 2019, 12:41:04 pm »
Hello Javier,

Thank you for digging into this! I reinstalled the old Flytampa configurator and the docking system is back again, so you're totally right and I can confirm that the docking system issue has definitely to do with the updated Flytampa configurator!

I wish you a pleasant day and thanks again for everything you do for the flightsim community!

Björn
Hey Björn!
Yeap, i was chatting with the guys of FlyTampa regarding this issue on their Configurator and Library manager, and aparently they have done something to it, since yesterday it was "offline" (since it is an .exe that downloads textures and so forth from their server) and today is working just fine.
I will try it myself now and see what happens. but if is working for u it will very probably will for me.
Thanks for letting me know.
Still i have to do a full check on EHAM, there are things that I dont like at all from my configuration, mostly pushbacks, and perhaps a few stop positions. Pushbacks in EHAM are a bit peculiar, for you might seem believe that in certain parkings you can do a nose right and a nose left (because is physically possible) but in reality, each lane has its traffic direction (even inside the terminals), thus only one should be available. see attachment.
cheers mate.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 03:03:04 pm by cartayna »

disco79stu

« Reply #609 on: April 16, 2019, 10:27:25 pm »
Thanks for all your effort and dedication Javier!!!! Really apreciate it! No need to hurry with EHAM, I can wait....

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #610 on: April 17, 2019, 03:52:17 pm »
Thanks for all your effort and dedication Javier!!!! Really apreciate it! No need to hurry with EHAM, I can wait....
My pleasure Stu!
Come and join me at LEMD_DEL tonight! we are giving away like every wednesday, a free SimWings LEMD Scenery.
Cheers.

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #611 on: April 17, 2019, 03:54:25 pm »
Hey guys, dont you miss the opportunity tonight 18-20zulu to win a Sim Wings LEMD (Madrid Barajas) Scenery! You can find one of my V4 configurations for this airport at Cartayna Files. I will see you in LEMD_Delivery, where i will be giving you guys clearance and will personally congratulate the winner! 🙋‍♂️ This is your chance to test the GSX2 configuration for Madrid and end the event with a nice brand new scenery added to your library!

cartayna

• Beta tester
Re: A BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS AIRPORTS (60+) IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL
« Reply #612 on: April 19, 2019, 07:04:49 pm »
**********************  LIKE EVERY FRIDAY, NEW CONFIGURATIONS ON CARTAYNA FILES *********************Hello everybody!

Also like everty other week, thanks to our loyal friends who started this project since day one, www.SimMarket.com and www.simflight.de, a recently published for the first time in simworld sceneries for P3DV4, GCRR - Lanzarote (Canary Islands - Spain) by MKStudios. Hopefully by next week when the Easter Hollidays are over i might get an answer from our developers of MKStudios to publish a new Afcad that is ready to go.. unfortunatelly in the default scenery you will find a couple of errors on the parking positions, one very tight pushback space by the gas stations reserved for small GA planes and no Airline parking codes, all that will be coming out as soon as i get permission. In the meantime, here is the configuration with the default AFCAD...

ALSO: Thanks to all of you that flew to Madrid (LEMD) in our past Wednesday Full ATC event. The winner of the free scenery of Sim Wings LEMD has been Marios Martinis flying an Iberia A320.  Don't forget that next week again, and for 6 more consecutive weeks, we will be giving away 1 FREE COPY of LEMD - Barajas by SimWings! thanks to the generosity of Sim Wings who have developed on of the best sceneries that have been developed so far for P3DV4/FSX .  I will personally hand out to the winner the scenery in the LEMD_DEL station, where I will be giving you all that you wish clearance, and a chance to win this amazing scenery. So see you all in our FULL ATC EVERY WEDNESDAY from 1800-2000 zulu time.  We will have an automatic chrono that will randomly stop at a certain point. The pilot that contacts Tower position after the random alarm rings will be the winner. Again, thanks Sim Wings to support this kind of events, that makes flying even a more exciting experience! (Needless to say, that Cartayna Files has a good GSX2 configuration for this airport!)

Have a great Easter flying and testing this awesome sceneries, and see you next week!

All the best!

Javier Iturralde Lind
Cartayna Files

>Scenery Configuraton LIST: https://1drv.ms/x/s!AhTH-vsr5l8bijGh5hJdjZq7yAye

>DOWNLOAD LINK FOR THE BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS:https://1drv.ms/f/s!AhTH-vsr5l8biitZv81ztm0BMXtr
[/url]
>TUTORIAL IN DETAIL FOR GSX2:

psolk

« Reply #613 on: April 20, 2019, 07:14:56 pm »
Hello Cartanya...
First of all, THANK YOU!!!  Without you I would be clueless as to how to do so much within GSX.  I replaced the gates at my first airport, FSDT PHOG yesterday and it worked exactly as described in your tutorial videos so Thank you!!!

My question is actually for your KEWR download.  Again, thank you.  My question is will your gates work without your afcad?  Unfortunately whenever I tried to edit the DD AFD file myself I would lose the DD background imagery on the ground.  It appears your AFD has the same issue...  I personally haven't figured a way around it yet.  Thank you in advance, Happy Easter and

« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 07:22:04 pm by psolk »

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #614 on: April 21, 2019, 04:14:39 am »
Hello Cartanya...
First of all, THANK YOU!!!  Without you I would be clueless as to how to do so much within GSX.  I replaced the gates at my first airport, FSDT PHOG yesterday and it worked exactly as described in your tutorial videos so Thank you!!!

My question is actually for your KEWR download.  Again, thank you.  My question is will your gates work without your afcad?  Unfortunately whenever I tried to edit the DD AFD file myself I would lose the DD background imagery on the ground.  It appears your AFD has the same issue...  I personally haven't figured a way around it yet.  Thank you in advance, Happy Easter and
hahahahhaa LMAO.
i wish i had as funny videos to say URWELCOME. lol
First of all congrats on your PHOG!! I am so so happy those videos helped, for they took so many hours to do.. !
Ok, i dont remember quite well what i did on KEWR, would have to go back and check to see if i could do a config with the default AFCAD. What i do know by a couple of users that wrote me in private that my Afcad and the config worked without a problem. So there must be something you are not doing 100%... which in this crazy p3d/fsx world is quite common.
If you contact me via email using the icon bellow my name, i will try to sort it out. Sure you have the latest version of NY Airports?
Happy Easter for you to mate!
Javier
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 04:17:24 am by cartayna »