Author Topic: A BUNCH OF AIRPORT CONFIGURATIONS (100+) IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL  (Read 414195 times)

cartayna

• Beta tester
Re: A BUNCH OF AIRPORT CONFIGURATIONS (60+) IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL
« Reply #570 on: March 31, 2019, 12:32:01 am »
Hi Javier,

I am trying out one of your configurations and am getting inconsistent results. I first started with KSFO since I am very familiar with this airport flying into it 2x per month. At KSFO, I see some of the changes like gate signs and docking station but not all (missing glass jetway). I also noticed the gate sign for E64 is not attached to the jetway.

Here's the steps I did to install the changes:
1) Created backup folder.
2) Go to %APPDATA%/Roaming/Virtuali/GSX and move KSFO_a8rylm.ini to the new backup folder.
3) Go to C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml and copy Flightbeam_KSFOHD.xml to the backup folder.
4) Go to C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjects and copy Flighteam_KSFOHD to the backup folder
5) Launched Prepar3d.
6) Select from menu Restart Coautl and rebuild airport cache.  I did this at least 4 times.

I am unclear the reason to backup the SimObjects or XML file as neither of these get updated as part of this installation. The only real update I can tell is the INI file change you provide. What steps are I missing? I noticed the ini you provide has a slight change with the AFCAD_PATH. Perhaps this is what I am missing.

Thanks,
Steve

FYI: I attached 4 images. Hopefully they get uploaded with this post.
Hello, yes, i dont write the instructions like that anymore. to complicated, but in your case what you misread is: "Create a backup folder in a place you want to keep your sode in case you want to go back to the default Sode Jetways after removing them." you copied them to the backup folder. I wrote instructions like that for a time because somebody got really stressed about just manipulating his files and blamed me for suggesting to do so. Which is basically the essence of P3d. retouching files ALL THE TIME.
I am going to rewrite that instructions in the line of the ones i do today, so do this:

1. Delete that backup. is absurd.
2. Go to your Sode Folder C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml and set to .OFF the file extension: Flightbeam_KSFOHD.xml -> Flightbeam_KSFOHD.OFF.

enter p3d and voila.

The reason why it was not working is that my not so clear instructions, made you not do the "removing them".  You cant have a SODE .xml active and a GSX ".ini" file work at the same time. Sode overrides the other.

cheers.

disco79stu

« Reply #571 on: March 31, 2019, 01:57:10 pm »
>DOWNLOAD LINK FOR THE BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS: https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AEmfgbb1aaFbEmI&id=1B5FE62BFBFAC714%211323&cid=1B5FE62BFBFAC714

This link seems to be wrong.....
tested. works fine.  a couple of you have been having problems at first logging in, or setting your account. No idea why. Ask Yves by msg how he fixed it. In One Drive I have the capability of knowing the rates of downloads, and users seem to be downloading pretty good.. by the hundreds just this past 24h.
Cheers

Hm, well, when I hit the link it says something about "this object is possibly not available anymore" (in german) and directs me to a microsoft account login page.
But your link a few posts earlier (https://1drv.ms/f/s!AhTH-vsr5l8biitZv81ztm0BMXtr) works just fine though, it leads me to a page with all the folders where I can download everything without having to have a microsoft account, just like with dropbox. I don't have a microsoft account and I don't want to have one.....

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #572 on: March 31, 2019, 02:03:30 pm »
>DOWNLOAD LINK FOR THE BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS: https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AEmfgbb1aaFbEmI&id=1B5FE62BFBFAC714%211323&cid=1B5FE62BFBFAC714

tested. works fine.  a couple of you have been having problems at first logging in, or setting your account. No idea why. Ask Yves by msg how he fixed it. In One Drive I have the capability of knowing the rates of downloads, and users seem to be downloading pretty good.. by the hundreds just this past 24h.
Cheers

Hm, well, when I hit the link it says something about "this object is possibly not available anymore" (in german) and directs me to a microsoft account login page.
But your link a few posts earlier (https://1drv.ms/f/s!AhTH-vsr5l8biitZv81ztm0BMXtr) works just fine though, it leads me to a page with all the folders where I can download everything without having to have a microsoft account, just like with dropbox. I don't have a microsoft account and I don't want to have one.....
Thanks for the info, have updated that link that works for you without an account so it also works for users with no interest in OneDrive.
cheers.

AZWildk4t

« Reply #573 on: March 31, 2019, 04:40:28 pm »
Hello, yes, i dont write the instructions like that anymore. to complicated, but in your case what you misread is: "Create a backup folder in a place you want to keep your sode in case you want to go back to the default Sode Jetways after removing them." you copied them to the backup folder. I wrote instructions like that for a time because somebody got really stressed about just manipulating his files and blamed me for suggesting to do so. Which is basically the essence of P3d. retouching files ALL THE TIME.
I am going to rewrite that instructions in the line of the ones i do today, so do this:

2. Go to your Sode Folder C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml and set to .OFF the file extension: Flightbeam_KSFOHD.xml -> Flightbeam_KSFOHD.OFF.

enter p3d and voila.

The reason why it was not working is that my not so clear instructions, made you not do the "removing them".  You cant have a SODE .xml active and a GSX ".ini" file work at the same time. Sode overrides the other.

cheers.

Thank you for the info. I can confirm that changing Flightbeam_KSFOHD.xml to Flightbeam_KSFOHD.OFF fixed the issue. I think it's still a good idea to move the INI file to a backup folder.

AZWildk4t

« Reply #574 on: March 31, 2019, 04:47:00 pm »

Cheers

I had the same issue with the latest link. I have a OneDrive login but didn't want to login just to get the file. I always went back to the original post since it didn't prompt me for the OneDrive login.

Thanks for the info, have updated that link that works for you without an account so it also works for users with no interest in OneDrive.
cheers.

disco79stu

« Reply #575 on: March 31, 2019, 11:13:39 pm »
cheers.

Thank you!

(PS: little request: ORBX's new LIEO. :) )

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #576 on: April 01, 2019, 12:18:53 am »

enter p3d and voila.

cheers.

Thank you for the info. I can confirm that changing Flightbeam_KSFOHD.xml to Flightbeam_KSFOHD.OFF fixed the issue. I think it's still a good idea to move the INI file to a backup folder.
i guess you mean the .xml file.. well that is up to you, i am very confortable with the .off procedure, you can locate in the search with that .off which sodes are on or off.
Cheers.

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #577 on: April 01, 2019, 12:21:24 am »
cheers.
Thank you!
(PS: little request: ORBX's new LIEO. :) )
unfortunatelly i dont do Orbx's, for they are not part of SimMarket Store... :(
Sorry.

AZWildk4t

« Reply #578 on: April 01, 2019, 05:07:12 am »
I have a quick question Javier.  I am looking at KDFW, which is a major hub for American Airlines. I have updated the parking codes in GSX but I have Ultimate Traffic Live putting international planes at the wrong gates. I also have American Airlines 'heavy' parked at a gate that doesn't support it.

Do I need to update the AFCAD file to correct the gates these aircrafts should actually go to? I'm not sure I can control this via GSX or not.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #579 on: April 01, 2019, 10:44:29 am »
Do I need to update the AFCAD file to correct the gates these aircrafts should actually go to? I'm not sure I can control this via GSX or not.

Yes, the AI system doesn't know anything about GSX parking codes, which are used only by GSX vehicles. You must update the AFCAD with the same codes. Of course, they must be codes used by AI airplanes and not, for example, codes for GSX-specific operators, for example those that are not airlines.

AZWildk4t

« Reply #580 on: April 01, 2019, 03:45:58 pm »

Yes, the AI system doesn't know anything about GSX parking codes, which are used only by GSX vehicles. You must update the AFCAD with the same codes. Of course, they must be codes used by AI airplanes and not, for example, codes for GSX-specific operators, for example those that are not airlines.

Thanks Umberto

f.skywalker

« Reply #581 on: April 02, 2019, 11:58:50 am »
Hallo Cartayna,

unfortunately, I have problems with GSX L2 on some airports. In EDDM, LEMA, LOWW, EGKK and LSZH.
The problem is that I'm in final flight just before landing the P3Dv4.4 for a short time does not continue. then a clean landing is very difficult possible. This problem is not on the other airfields. I think GSX loads at this time the objects.

Maybe there is a problem solution. ::)

I use almost all your configuration files .
EDDM is my home base that should work.
If I deactivate the GSX files again for EDDM, LOWW, EGKK, LSZH there are no problems on the approach.

Thanks Frank
Hello Thomas!
I see all the airports you mention are large ones. (LEMA i guess you mean LEMD).
Your problem unfortunatelly is something i only wish i could fix. It is 100% related to the pc configuration you use. Loading a coault configuration if you dont have a cpu or mb of memories capable of fast processing a slow engine such as coault, will result inevitably on a long period to restart coualt. I saw this for the first time on a friend that wanted to be a betatester of cartayna files. I went inside his computer and i was shocked to see that his restarting or rebuilding the airport cache, where in my pc tooked 0.001 seconds, in his was minutes.  Having said this, i dont know if the biggest problem is your processor or your MB or RAM.  What i can say is that with 16mb and i6 i have seen some pc's with decent speed in constructing a configuration in arriving to an airport. other than this, i cant say much more, other than with a pc with 32gb, gtx1080, and i7 takes less than 1sec, up to a point than approaching any of those airports, there is only a slight flash where you can almost not tell that this process has been done.
Really sorry i cant help you more!

Hallo Cartayna,

i hava a I7 4790K working with 4.6 Ghz and 16 GB Ram.
I think this is enough and it works very good.
When i make a Airport refresh it takes not a second.
Do you men the Problem is  when i on final cuatl make a scenery refresh.

EDDM, LEMD, LOWW, EGKK and LSZH is not working well.
With the Standard Sode Jetways there is no Problem at the Airports.
I must use at this Airports the Standard Jetways.

Frank

« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 12:00:21 pm by f.skywalker »

cartayna

• Beta tester
Re: A BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS AIRPORTS (60+) IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL
« Reply #582 on: April 04, 2019, 01:19:02 pm »
**********************  LIKE EVERY FRIDAY, NEW CONFIGURATIONS ON CARTAYNA FILES *********************Hello everybody!

Today I bring you 2 NEWS:

FIRST: Thanks AGAIN! to our loyal friends who started this project since day one, www.SimMarket.com and www.simflight.de a small but long forgotten in the simworld sceneries in P3DV4, the smallest international German Airport EDDE - ERFURT by Aerosoft.

SECOND: We have decided in VATSIM Spain (VATSPA) to do a weekly event that we have been preparing for months, training new controllers and our veterans with hundreds and thousands of controlling hours, to open a FULL ATC EVERY WEDNESDAY from 1800-2000 zulu time. During those hours, MADRID (LEMD) will be opening with all ATC positions covered by our eager to please controllers... Also, a large region of CTRL will be covering another large airports of Spain (Barcelona. Malaga or Palma are excellent choices). This has been happening for the past 2 weeks as a test to make sure that all runs smooth as it did.  And to cellebrate this, we will be giving away 1 FREE COPY of LEMD - Barajas by SimWings! thanks to the generosity of Sim Wings who have developed on of the best sceneries that have been developed so far for P3DV4/FSX . A must to have.  I will be taking your delivery clearances next week, so needless to say, I will be very happy to see you there!  We will have an automatic chrono that will randomly stop at a certain point. The pilot that is closer to Tower position at that precise moment will be the winner.

Have a great weekend flying and testing this awesome sceneries, and see you next week!

All the best!

Javier Iturralde Lind
Cartayna Files

>Scenery Configuraton LIST: https://1drv.ms/x/s!AhTH-vsr5l8bijGh5hJdjZq7yAye

>DOWNLOAD LINK FOR THE BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS:https://1drv.ms/f/s!AhTH-vsr5l8biitZv81ztm0BMXtr
[/url]
>TUTORIAL IN DETAIL FOR GSX2:

« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 01:57:30 am by cartayna »

retnavycpo

« Reply #583 on: April 05, 2019, 11:31:10 pm »
Thank you so much for all your custom configurations!  I am completely new to GSX2.  Just bought it yesterday, and found out very quickly that it is quite complicated; not at all like so many other add-ons.  But I am fairly certain I can figure things out.

Do you have plans to add more U.S. cities.  I live in a small town, Pensacola, FL.  Regional airport here though.  Pete

f.skywalker

« Reply #584 on: April 07, 2019, 03:24:59 pm »
Hallo Cartayna,

unfortunately, I have problems with GSX L2 on some airports. In EDDM, LEMA, LOWW, EGKK and LSZH.
The problem is that I'm in final flight just before landing the P3Dv4.4 for a short time does not continue. then a clean landing is very difficult possible. This problem is not on the other airfields. I think GSX loads at this time the objects.

Maybe there is a problem solution. ::)

I use almost all your configuration files .
EDDM is my home base that should work.
If I deactivate the GSX files again for EDDM, LOWW, EGKK, LSZH there are no problems on the approach.

Thanks Frank
[/quote ]

Hallo cartayna

I  found  the  problem.
I    use  to  fly  the  tool  fiberframe  fftf.
My  settings  for  landing  is  below  5000 feet  (fiberframtimefraction ) 0.01
This  is for  gsx2  at some  airports  to  less.
When  i take  my setting  to  0.10 all Work perfect  on  my  final.
Whith  0.01 p3d  have problems  with  loading  the  textures.

I am  happy  to found  a solution  to  use  all  your  perfect  working  files.

Greatings  Form eddm
Frank

I Foundati