Author Topic: A BUNCH OF AIRPORT CONFIGURATIONS (100+) IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL  (Read 410431 times)

cartayna

• Beta tester
Re: A BUNCH OF AIRPORT CONFIGURATIONS (60+) IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL
« Reply #555 on: March 27, 2019, 07:40:15 pm »
Hello,
Can somebody confirm that it's working with the updated LFMN also?
Thanks
Why not? Same Afcad, and they just changed the textures to PBR
I am by the way retouching some jetways. as i have been also upgrading many sceneries to v4. next friday i will let u guys know.
Cheers

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #556 on: March 27, 2019, 07:48:31 pm »
Hallo Cartayna,

unfortunately, I have problems with GSX L2 on some airports. In EDDM, LEMA, LOWW, EGKK and LSZH.
The problem is that I'm in final flight just before landing the P3Dv4.4 for a short time does not continue. then a clean landing is very difficult possible. This problem is not on the other airfields. I think GSX loads at this time the objects.

Maybe there is a problem solution. ::)

I use almost all your configuration files .
EDDM is my home base that should work.
If I deactivate the GSX files again for EDDM, LOWW, EGKK, LSZH there are no problems on the approach.

Thanks Frank
Hello Thomas!
I see all the airports you mention are large ones. (LEMA i guess you mean LEMD).
Your problem unfortunatelly is something i only wish i could fix. It is 100% related to the pc configuration you use. Loading a coault configuration if you dont have a cpu or mb of memories capable of fast processing a slow engine such as coault, will result inevitably on a long period to restart coualt. I saw this for the first time on a friend that wanted to be a betatester of cartayna files. I went inside his computer and i was shocked to see that his restarting or rebuilding the airport cache, where in my pc tooked 0.001 seconds, in his was minutes.  Having said this, i dont know if the biggest problem is your processor or your MB or RAM.  What i can say is that with 16mb and i6 i have seen some pc's with decent speed in constructing a configuration in arriving to an airport. other than this, i cant say much more, other than with a pc with 32gb, gtx1080, and i7 takes less than 1sec, up to a point than approaching any of those airports, there is only a slight flash where you can almost not tell that this process has been done.
Really sorry i cant help you more!

Swordfish

Hello,
Thanks
I am by the way retouching some jetways. as i have been also upgrading many sceneries to v4. next friday i will let u guys know.
Cheers

Unfortunately you're not right.
Not only PBR, but new AFCAD and about 30 changed parking lots/positions.
And in the manual of the new updated scenery they say to delete any GSX config files, so I can confirm that Cartayna file unfortunately doesn't work.

cartayna

• Beta tester

Hello,
Thanks
Cheers

And in the manual of the new updated scenery they say to delete any GSX config files, so I can confirm that Cartayna file unfortunately doesn't work.
well that is odd, for 3 of us were using it last night in LFMN with no problem at all. have you tested it?

cartayna

• Beta tester

Cheers
[/quote]
[/quote]
Hi Swordfish,

Just did a walkthrough in the airport, and the .ini file of LFMN v1.4 (PBR) works perfectly with the old file. However, I have placed the new one with a minor changes in the jetways style in certain positions and some other things.. but it works just fine. Those parking postions that have been added to the AFcad get absorbed automatically once you open and close the configurator. It adds them. They are standard parkings with no jetways.
I have replaced the .ini file on the Cartayna One Drive.

Cheers!

Swordfish

Cheers
[/quote]
Hi Swordfish,

Just did a walkthrough in the airport, and the .ini file of LFMN v1.4 (PBR) works perfectly with the old file. However, I have placed the new one with a minor changes in the jetways style in certain positions and some other things.. but it works just fine. Those parking postions that have been added to the AFcad get absorbed automatically once you open and close the configurator. It adds them. They are standard parkings with no jetways.
I have replaced the .ini file on the Cartayna One Drive.

Cheers!
[/quote]

Thanks!, You're the best

cartayna

• Beta tester
Re: A BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS AIRPORTS (60+) IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL
« Reply #561 on: March 29, 2019, 08:57:34 pm »
**********************  LIKE EVERY FRIDAY, NEW CONFIGURATIONS ON CARTAYNA FILES *********************Hello everybody!

Today I bring you today thanks to our loyal friends who started this project since day one, www.SimMarket.com and www.simflight.de a small but extremely fun scenery to fly to TNCM - St. Marteen by Fly Tampa. If you have flown there to an event, a crowded airport here can be a nightmare when pushing back and taxi, this V4 file, as the others, will give you at least a perfect pushback.

I have spent this week upgrading a lot of configurations to V4. Also updated the LFMN configuration for the v1.4 PBR version that has just been released.. is worth the try, and if you had purchased it before, you only have to pay a few bucks to get the shinny PBR version... very very cool. (https://secure.simmarket.com/justsim-nice-cote-dazur-airport-lfmn_fsx-p3d-(en_10962).phtml)

So check the Scenery lists for all the configurations that you are not up to date! 70% of Cartayna Files are now available in V4. I will continue to update all till complete.

Have a great weekend flying and testing this awesome sceneries, and see you next week!

All the best!

Javier Iturralde Lind
Cartayna Files

>Scenery Configuraton LIST: https://1drv.ms/x/s!AhTH-vsr5l8bijGh5hJdjZq7yAye

>DOWNLOAD LINK FOR THE BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AhTH-vsr5l8biitZv81ztm0BMXtr

>TUTORIAL IN DETAIL FOR GSX2:

[/quote]
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 02:02:02 pm by cartayna »

strude11

Warning message when at modified airports.
« Reply #562 on: March 29, 2019, 11:27:22 pm »
Hi Javier
Great work with the mods to the Gsx 2 customisation files but I have encountered a problem at airports modified with the new files.

A warning message flags up everytime I load a modified new airport. The message states that "the simulator has been updated and that the GSX2 control panel should be launched to patch the jetways with the scenery."

I customised Malaga LEMG with the new files and when flying in there today, on final approach the warning sound came on (similar to apply brakes to get gsx services) and the above message was displayed.

I have followed the instructions to the letter but cant get rid of this message. When I run the control panel outwith the sim, all files show they have been properly excluded.

Any ideas??

Many thanks

Iain

cartayna

• Beta tester
Re: Warning message when at modified airports.
« Reply #563 on: March 30, 2019, 12:47:04 am »
Hi Javier
Great work with the mods to the Gsx 2 customisation files but I have encountered a problem at airports modified with the new files.

A warning message flags up everytime I load a modified new airport. The message states that "the simulator has been updated and that the GSX2 control panel should be launched to patch the jetways with the scenery."

I customised Malaga LEMG with the new files and when flying in there today, on final approach the warning sound came on (similar to apply brakes to get gsx services) and the above message was displayed.

I have followed the instructions to the letter but cant get rid of this message. When I run the control panel outwith the sim, all files show they have been properly excluded.

Any ideas??

Many thanks

Iain

Hello Ian!

Yes, that is an error message that should be ignored. I read about it on a comment of Umberto, and I cant remember what was.. bad memory I have. I do know that is some sort of a glitch, and that they were working on it (i think).. What i do know is that it happened to me a couple of times, and then it stopped. I have been uninstalling and installing a lot GSX lately to be able to run the beta testing that we have been doing with the new release, and is probably gone in my gsx since the last time i installed gsx2... so try doing so.  The message has no effect anyway. you can also just ignore it.

cheers.

strude11

« Reply #564 on: March 30, 2019, 01:24:26 am »
Thanks Javier
Congrats - your work is fantastic
Cheers
Iain

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #565 on: March 30, 2019, 01:35:01 am »
Thanks Javier
Congrats - your work is fantastic
Cheers
Iain
That is very kind of you Ian, glad to hear that you enjoy it.
Have a great weekend.
Cheers,
Javier

yvesamuel

« Reply #566 on: March 30, 2019, 08:43:04 am »
Hi Javier,

No problem for download this week...

Have a very good weekend.
Yves

disco79stu

« Reply #567 on: March 30, 2019, 11:01:35 am »
>DOWNLOAD LINK FOR THE BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS: https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AEmfgbb1aaFbEmI&id=1B5FE62BFBFAC714%211323&cid=1B5FE62BFBFAC714

This link seems to be wrong.....

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #568 on: March 30, 2019, 12:43:31 pm »
>DOWNLOAD LINK FOR THE BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS: https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AEmfgbb1aaFbEmI&id=1B5FE62BFBFAC714%211323&cid=1B5FE62BFBFAC714

This link seems to be wrong.....
tested. works fine.  a couple of you have been having problems at first logging in, or setting your account. No idea why. Ask Yves by msg how he fixed it. In One Drive I have the capability of knowing the rates of downloads, and users seem to be downloading pretty good.. by the hundreds just this past 24h.
Cheers

AZWildk4t

« Reply #569 on: March 30, 2019, 08:52:49 pm »
Hi Javier,

I am trying out one of your configurations and am getting inconsistent results. I first started with KSFO since I am very familiar with this airport flying into it 2x per month. At KSFO, I see some of the changes like gate signs and docking station but not all (missing glass jetway). I also noticed the gate sign for E64 is not attached to the jetway.

Here's the steps I did to install the changes:
1) Created backup folder.
2) Go to %APPDATA%/Roaming/Virtuali/GSX and move KSFO_a8rylm.ini to the new backup folder.
3) Go to C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml and copy Flightbeam_KSFOHD.xml to the backup folder.
4) Go to C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjects and copy Flighteam_KSFOHD to the backup folder
5) Launched Prepar3d.
6) Select from menu Restart Coautl and rebuild airport cache.  I did this at least 4 times.

I am unclear the reason to backup the SimObjects or XML file as neither of these get updated as part of this installation. The only real update I can tell is the INI file change you provide. What steps are I missing? I noticed the ini you provide has a slight change with the AFCAD_PATH. Perhaps this is what I am missing.

Thanks,
Steve

FYI: I attached 4 images. Hopefully they get uploaded with this post.