Author Topic: A BUNCH OF AIRPORT CONFIGURATIONS (100+) IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL  (Read 410304 times)

Gegels

Re: A BUNCH OF AIRPORT CONFIGURATIONS (50+) IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL
« Reply #450 on: February 04, 2019, 08:00:27 pm »

Hello Georg, Is muuch more simple than this.  DONT turn off the SODE There is nothing about this in the instructions.. then go to the scenery folder of EDDB and rename the file "EDDB_LIB-Jetways.BGL” to->   "EDDB_LIB-Jetways.OFF
please make sure you have the correct ".ini file". the way to make sure is that the AFCAD in use in your scenery is the same as the one in the second line of the GSX .ini file.  this is the same standard procedure as in 50% of the configurations. there is a video tutorial i made to help you with tihs and the link is in the same page here...
&index=9. 
(and if you have any doubts on which Afcad you have in use in the scenery is as simple as to open the gsx configurator and will show in the top left corner.. see the video.. is very helpful to understand GSX).
[/quote]

sorry for the misunderstanding cartayna (I should have used a better description here).

I did turn off the scenery file as you described. This part went well, as the default jetways that were build-in are now gone. The problem is, that right now, there are no jetways at all, although I did copy all the .ini and.bgl files from your downloaded folder in appdata as well as the FSDreamtem folder. (I used the metal variation).

However, I could not find any .ini file inside the scenery folder itself.

Did I miss something here?

Also I

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #451 on: February 04, 2019, 08:09:30 pm »

Hello Georg, Is muuch more simple than this.  DONT turn off the SODE There is nothing about this in the instructions.. then go to the scenery folder of EDDB and rename the file "EDDB_LIB-Jetways.BGL” to->   "EDDB_LIB-Jetways.OFF
please make sure you have the correct ".ini file". the way to make sure is that the AFCAD in use in your scenery is the same as the one in the second line of the GSX .ini file.  this is the same standard procedure as in 50% of the configurations. there is a video tutorial i made to help you with tihs and the link is in the same page here...
&index=9. 
(and if you have any doubts on which Afcad you have in use in the scenery is as simple as to open the gsx configurator and will show in the top left corner.. see the video.. is very helpful to understand GSX).

sorry for the misunderstanding cartayna (I should have used a better description here).

I did turn off the scenery file as you described. This part went well, as the default jetways that were build-in are now gone. The problem is, that right now, there are no jetways at all, although I did copy all the .ini and.bgl files from your downloaded folder in appdata as well as the FSDreamtem folder. (I used the metal variation).

However, I could not find any .ini file inside the scenery folder itself.

Did I miss something here?

Also I
[/quote]
sorry, i missed a "." and a P... Please make sure you are using the correct afcad on the .ini. This is the only explanation.  The .ini file in "appdata" of course. on the second line of the .ini file there is a line saying "afcad" (EDDB_AFX-....). make sure that the afcad name is the one you are using in the scenery. I bet you a beer is not.

Gegels

« Reply #452 on: February 04, 2019, 08:28:06 pm »
Right, That's it: just took the name of my .bgl and changed the the name in the .ini file. Now it works as it should.  :)

Thanks a lot!

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #453 on: February 06, 2019, 03:08:06 pm »
Right, That's it: just took the name of my .bgl and changed the the name in the .ini file. Now it works as it should.  :)
Thanks a lot!
so basically, you owe me a beer.

cartayna

• Beta tester
A BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS AIRPORTS (50+) IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL
« Reply #454 on: February 08, 2019, 08:42:56 am »
**********************  LIKE EVERY FRIDAY, NEW CONFIGURATIONS ON CARTAYNA FILES *********************
Would you mind to vote for what scenery to do next?http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,20387.new.html#new

Hello everybody!

Recently we had a new scenery come into the SimMarket: LDZA Zagreb from RFSCenery. The architecture of the main terminal is brilliant, and the configuration for heavy winther that comes with it is outstanding! This scenery configuration is now available in V4 in Cartayna Files. Thanks again to our friends at www.simflight.de and www.SimMarket.com, this has been possible.

As you remember last week, I found through Umberto that a few airports that I have added the "over the wing" jetway has given some of you a headache since i had it available in my GSX because the software shares jetways model's with those of FSDT sceneries (not my fault,is the way FSDT installs sceneries) .Of the sceneries that used this jetway..I changed and removed this jetway in ALL the remaining airports that had it: EGKK, EGLL and KJFK, EDDF, KMIA, LFMN, LIRF.  So if you had a problem with the configuration of this airports, i recommend you try again. This problem with GSX2 in my files has been now solved. If you had no problems, just ignore it. Alsto took the opportunity and upgrade KJKF to V4. EGKK does not need to be upgraded, since the airport in real life has glass jetways but make sure you update the .ini file, since major improvements in the jetways positions and types have been made to make it look nicer.  More will follow to V4 as we move on.

Have a great weekend flying and testing this scenery, and see you next week!

All the best!

Javier Iturralde Lind
Cartayna Files

>
Scenery Configuraton LIST: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2vapn716povg49d/Cartayna%20Sceneries.xlsx?dl=0

>
DOWNLOAD LINK FOR THE BUNDLE CONFIGURATIONS
: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bdkjqee8x1w57lm/AAAl4p_7jyl6jBmHnH1gumjRa?dl=0

>
TUTORIAL IN DETAIL FOR GSX2: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_jo_TDZG12UYkZ_tZ58ThN6ZDVyh_Ukq
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 02:18:41 pm by cartayna »

cartayna

• Beta tester
Re: A BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS AIRPORTS IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL
« Reply #455 on: February 08, 2019, 09:31:59 am »
Hello Tim!
Glad to hear that is inspiring you to buy more sceneries, we need the developers happy so they keep on bringing more amazing stuff to this world. And if you do, do it in www.SimMarket.com ! after all is thanks to them that I can bring you all this goodies! ;)
Yes, they are starting to bring the gsx2 files as part of the package of the new sceneries, the first one was AS LKPR, and unfortunately (since I am really looking for a holliday! lol) it was little more than an empty file. They did not do most of the things that my v3 files bring.. This weekend I will start working on the new LFPO that in theory has one (https://secure.simmarket.com/jetstream-designs-paris-orly-lfpo-p3dv4.phtml), lets see what they bring.  Also the new LEAL (Alicante), I shall check that too, and let you guys know!....
Tomorrow, if you guys like to fly in the US, is a massive work that I have done on an amazing scenery.. but lets wait till tomorrow, .... ;)
take care,
Javier
I'm based in the US, so I'll be looking forward to whatever you've done.  I'm also getting Orly and have LEAL already, so looking forward to what you do there.
Hello Tim,
Your turn has come, next week I will bring you Alicante! ;)

cartayna

• Beta tester
Re: A BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS AIRPORTS (50+) IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL
« Reply #456 on: February 09, 2019, 02:06:45 pm »
**********************  ALL AIRPORTS WITH THE OVER THE WING JETWAY HAVE BEEN UPDATED AND THIS JETWAY REMOVED *********************
Would you mind to vote for what scenery to do next?http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,20387.new.html#new

As you remember last week, I found through Umberto that a few airports that I have added the "over the wing" jetway has given some of you a headache since i had it available in my GSX because the software shares jetways model's with those of FSDT sceneries (not my fault,is the way FSDT installs sceneries) .Of the sceneries that used this jetway..I changed and removed this jetway in ALL the remaining airports that had it: EGKK, EGLL and KJFK, EDDF, KMIA, LFMN, LIRF.

Cheers!

Javier Iturralde Lind
Cartayna Files

DOWNLOAD LINK FOR THE BUNDLE CONFIGURATIONS
: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bdkjqee8x1w57lm/AAAl4p_7jyl6jBmHnH1gumjRa?dl=0

TUTORIAL IN DETAIL FOR GSX2:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_jo_TDZG12UYkZ_tZ58ThN6ZDVyh_Ukq
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 03:47:38 pm by cartayna »

kityatyi

« Reply #457 on: February 14, 2019, 11:45:27 am »
Could you please configure Bridge's Guangzhou (ZGGG) so that it will finally have moving jetways?

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #458 on: February 14, 2019, 01:16:00 pm »
Could you please configure Bridge's Guangzhou (ZGGG) so that it will finally have moving jetways?
hello,

Since last friday, we have become a  democracy, my days as a dictator are over! ;) we have a new system of selecting new sceneries. Every fridays publication comes with a POLL where users choose which scenery to have next in Cartayna Files.  What I can do is add petitions of sceneries to next available poll. If users select your scenery then I will gladly do it.

Cheers
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 01:41:20 pm by cartayna »

Gegels

« Reply #459 on: February 14, 2019, 05:38:33 pm »
Thanks a lot!

Umberto, I think it will be more than just one :)  :D I just try to get a hang on those things and used the LGAV configuration of yours.

For some reason (and I did follow your readme in the zip ) the complete jetways are gone again, although GSX is using the correct AFKAD file and all the updates from your archive,  and I did rebuild  again like you showed in the video tutorial as well. Any idea which tick is missing this time?

Sorry for asking again, but if you're sitting in a wheelchair and you have nowhere else to "go"  ;D :) :D like myself you simply try to make your sim look better. :D

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #460 on: February 14, 2019, 05:55:54 pm »
Right, That's it: just took the name of my .bgl and changed the the name in the .ini file. Now it works as it should.  :)
Thanks a lot!
Umberto, I think it will be more than just one :)  :D I just try to get a hang on those things and used the LGAV configuration of yours.
For some reason (and I did follow your readme in the zip ) the complete jetways are gone again, although GSX is using the correct AFKAD file and all the updates from your archive,  and I did rebuild  again like you showed in the video tutorial as well. Any idea which tick is missing this time?
Sorry for asking again, but if you're sitting in a wheelchair and you have nowhere else to "go"  ;D :) :D like myself you simply try to make your sim look better. :D
Umberto?? LOL no, I am Javier. Umberto is FSDT GSX. I am Cartayna files. I bet you another beer, you did not follow again the instructions! LOL

FlyTampa are very very easy to install. If you follow the simple steps you will get it right. Questions:
1. did you place the afcad on the "Athens" "scenery" folder? (AFX_LGAV_enhanced.BGL)
2. did you remove the other Afcad? or better yet, turn it off..(AFX_LGAV.BGL ->AFX_LGAV.OFF)
3. is there a file called "lgav-cartayna-v4XXXX.bgl" in the AppData\Roaming\Virtuali\GSX folder?
Have you "rebulid and reload airport cache" throught the "Addon menu" in your sim? if no jetways show, do a couple of times until you get jetways "reload airport cache" in the same Addon menu.

if you have done this is really impossible that it does not work.  

Cheers,

Javier

clocki

« Reply #461 on: February 14, 2019, 08:34:00 pm »
Nice work...

maybe I overread something but where to put the "exlucde" files? I can not find the folder to put the files in it

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #462 on: February 14, 2019, 09:38:17 pm »
Nice work...

maybe I overread something but where to put the "exlucde" files? I can not find the folder to put the files in it
oh is very simple, go to the folder where you installed GSX and inside there is one called FsDreamTeam. If you drop my folder with that same name inside the folder where you have GSX it will place the exclusions inside.
cheers

Gegels

« Reply #463 on: February 14, 2019, 10:29:18 pm »
OK sorry Javier  :) I think I'll switch to something other than beer now :)

I can answare all your questions with yes. Just take a look at the screebschots I made while installing... I rebuild the code 15 times in total:) Any ideas?

Right, That's it: just took the name of my .bgl and changed the the name in the .ini file. Now it works as it should.  :)
Thanks a lot!
Umberto, I think it will be more than just one :)  :D I just try to get a hang on those things and used the LGAV configuration of yours.
For some reason (and I did follow your readme in the zip ) the complete jetways are gone again, although GSX is using the correct AFKAD file and all the updates from your archive,  and I did rebuild  again like you showed in the video tutorial as well. Any idea which tick is missing this time?
Sorry for asking again, but if you're sitting in a wheelchair and you have nowhere else to "go"  ;D :) :D like myself you simply try to make your sim look better. :D
Umberto?? LOL no, I am Javier. Umberto is FSDT GSX. I am Cartayna files. I bet you another beer, you did not follow again the instructions! LOL

FlyTampa are very very easy to install. If you follow the simple steps you will get it right. Questions:
1. did you place the afcad on the "Athens" "scenery" folder? (AFX_LGAV_enhanced.BGL)
2. did you remove the other Afcad? or better yet, turn it off..(AFX_LGAV.BGL ->AFX_LGAV.OFF)
3. is there a file called "lgav-cartayna-v4XXXX.bgl" in the AppData\Roaming\Virtuali\GSX folder?
Have you "rebulid and reload airport cache" throught the "Addon menu" in your sim? if no jetways show, do a couple of times until you get jetways "reload airport cache" in the same Addon menu.

Cheers,

Javier

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #464 on: February 14, 2019, 11:20:23 pm »
OK sorry Javier  :) I think I'll switch to something other than beer now :)

I can answare all your questions with yes. Just take a look at the screebschots I made while installing... I rebuild the code 15 times in total:) Any ideas?

Thanks a lot!

Cheers,

Javier

15 times!! hahaha exagerated!
If i were you i would uninstall and install the scenery again. there is something very wrong with it.
You do have an ini file in appdata, but GSX is not able to match it.. look what you are missing.