Author Topic: A BUNCH OF AIRPORT CONFIGURATIONS (100+) IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL  (Read 414652 times)

cartayna

• Beta tester
Re: A BUNCH OF AIRPORT CONFIGURATIONS (50+) IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL
« Reply #435 on: January 29, 2019, 04:52:11 pm »
Hi,

About KDEN, it is on FB forum that I found it...
Yves
yes yes.. i know.. that doesn't make it legal, and you have done nothing wrong. Just the persons who are sharing the BGL files.. is as illegal as it gets.

cartayna

• Beta tester
Re: A BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS AIRPORTS IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL
« Reply #436 on: January 29, 2019, 04:55:11 pm »
Error: exception CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'FSDT_SODE_CYVRSA_static' {'Airport': 'EGKK', 'User Pos': (51.14535626022524, -0.2100871223956346, 61.6298 m, 1.88976 m, 77.69999689422545)}

Hi,
Send a message to Umberto at support. I have no clue what your GSX problem is, but i can guarantee you is not the configuration, it has been tested by many since is one of the most popular configurations.
Sorry about this!.

Yes, it is the configuration. Assuming the user hasn't changed it, it seems you used the "JBT Aerotech Steel Over Wing" model on that gate, which is a special model with made for CYVR, so it's not included with GSX Level 2, but only when installing either CYVR, KMEM or KIAH, which had their own set of SODE jetways before GSX Level 2.

I'll make a note to myself to include those in GSX Level 2 installer as well but, in the meantime, you might just add a note that configuration requires any of these sceneries to be installed (not activated, but at least installed).
I dont understand. i use that overthewing in many scneries and does not yield an error on my configurations. LOWI for example.. and many many others. A few users have complaint they dont like it (which I do), not that it doesn't work.

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #437 on: January 29, 2019, 04:57:01 pm »
HI,

At LICJ the 'glass' jetways are in the air, everything else is OK.

What have I missed

Thanks

Hello Alpha117!
I had some issues with the terrain on that scenery and now I cant remember if I fixed it using Vector control panel or if I just had done something wrong in the installation of the scenery (and by reinstalling it got fixed) .. .sorry i cant give you a definite answer.

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #438 on: January 29, 2019, 05:14:37 pm »
Hi Javier,
quick question: I can't see the SafeGate at positions B10, B12 and B16 @EDDK (they seem to be partially inside the building).
Is it something on my end or is it a bug?
BG
Stu
EDIT: I modified the stands myself and moved the docking system a bit forward. Problem solved.
Hey there!
Thanks for reporting this. These dockings must have gone bad from the last update  they did on the scenery that has changed a bit the position of the terminal. Not only those you report.. many others that I have just fixed. feel free to drop again the .ini file in your roaming folder.
The only way I am going to be able to keep up with updates is if you guys report it. So thanks!

cheers.

disco79stu

« Reply #439 on: January 29, 2019, 05:48:05 pm »

Hey there!
Thanks for reporting this. These dockings must have gone bad from the last update  they did on the scenery that has changed a bit the position of the terminal. Not only those you report.. many others that I have just fixed. feel free to drop again the .ini file in your roaming folder.
The only way I am going to be able to keep up with updates is if you guys report it. So thanks!

cheers.

Fantastic, thanks!

alexvs

« Reply #440 on: January 29, 2019, 08:24:49 pm »
Dear mr. Cartanya,

Can you add LTBS of Justsim to your "to-do" list? They have no SODE jetways. And the ones now installed are static rubish  :)

Regards,
Jeroen

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #441 on: January 29, 2019, 08:37:07 pm »
Dear mr. Cartanya,
Can you add LTBS of Justsim to your "to-do" list? They have no SODE jetways. And the ones now installed are static rubish  :)
Regards,
Jeroen
Hi Jeroen!
The sode jetways of that scenery are going to be published by the developer in less than 2 weeks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #442 on: January 29, 2019, 10:18:11 pm »
I dont understand. i use that overthewing in many scneries and does not yield an error on my configurations. LOWI for example.. and many many others. A few users have complaint they dont like it (which I do), not that it doesn't work.

That's because you have installed any one of the sceneries that came with it.

That *specific* model is from CYVR, but it's in the same folder ( FSDT_Jetway ) with another model which was installed I believe with KIAH, KMEM and KLAS so, if you had any of these, you won't notice any problem, but they won't work on a system that doesn't have any of these sceneries installed, just GSX L2. They are not technically GSX jetways but, since they are SODE jetways we made, why not giving users of those sceneries the ability to use them everywhere ?

As I've said, we'll include them in the GSX installer as well, to minimize the chance anybody having problems with shared .INI files using them.

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #443 on: January 29, 2019, 10:21:10 pm »

That's because you have installed any one of the sceneries that came with it.

That *specific* model is from CYVR, but it's in the same folder ( FSDT_Jetway ) with another model which was installed I believe with KIAH, KMEM and KLAS so, if you had any of these, you won't notice any problem, but they won't work on a system that doesn't have any of these sceneries installed, just GSX L2. They are not technically GSX jetways but, since they are SODE jetways we made, why not giving users of those sceneries the ability to use them everywhere ?

As I've said, we'll include them in the GSX installer as well, to minimize the chance anybody having problems with shared .INI files using them.
ohhh now I understand why many where complaining about my overthewings! LOL ... good to know..  yeap, sounds like they should be available for everybody.  I must have picked them up when I bought your KLAS.

cartayna

• Beta tester
A BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS AIRPORTS (50+) IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL
« Reply #444 on: February 01, 2019, 02:31:00 pm »
**********************  LIKE EVERY FRIDAY, NEW CONFIGURATIONS ON CARTAYNA FILES *********************
Hello everybody!

This week I bring you a forgotten Airport configuration: EDDS Stuttgart (in v4 format) that thanks to disco79stu is now available in Cartayna Files. Thanks again to our friends at www.simflight.de and www.SimMarket.com, this has been possible.

I have also found through Umberto that a few airports that I have added the "over the wing" jetway has given some of you a headache since i had it available in my GSX because the software shares jetways model's with those of FSDT sceneries (not my fault,is the way FSDT installs sceneries) . Thus if you dont have certain sceneries designed by FSDT that jetway will not be availble to you. I am sorry about this, but I was informed about this a couple of days ago. Don't worry since the big update that GSX has been anouncing does not seem to be far in the horizong and they have promised us to add this jetways to the catalogue that we already have.  I will have for this weekend all the sceneries that have this jetway updated to not have this jetway in the scenery... EGKK, LOWI, EGLL, and a few others will be modified to not have it anymore.  Will post a comment on the weekend to inform which airports have been updated.

Have a great weekend flying and testing this scenery, and see you next week!

All the best!

Javier Iturralde Lind
Cartayna Files

DOWNLOAD LINK FOR THE BUNDLE CONFIGURATIONS
: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bdkjqee8x1w57lm/AAAl4p_7jyl6jBmHnH1gumjRa?dl=0

TUTORIAL IN DETAIL FOR GSX2:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_jo_TDZG12UYkZ_tZ58ThN6ZDVyh_Ukq

disco79stu

Re: A BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS AIRPORTS (50+) IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL
« Reply #445 on: February 01, 2019, 07:58:58 pm »
EDDS Stuttgart (in v4 format) that thanks to disco79stu is now available in Cartayna Files.

I don‘t quite know what I am thanked for ;D (did nothing but asked for it) but thumbs up for EDDS!!!!

Thanks
stu

marknie

« Reply #446 on: February 02, 2019, 01:20:44 am »
They can be removed, but you will have to un compile the bgl's to do it. Thats what I did on several airports.
Capn Mark Niebauer

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #447 on: February 02, 2019, 01:22:22 am »
They can be removed, but you will have to un compile the bgl's to do it. Thats what I did on several airports.
which airport? EDDS? you dont need. and also i cant share .bgl's

Gegels

« Reply #448 on: February 04, 2019, 06:50:46 pm »
Guys, I'm having a problem with the EDDB configuration file from dropbox:

I downloaded it and followed the installation instructions like discribed in the readme as I'm using the "without BER active" option, so BER is still closed.

Once I start the simulator the SODE Jetways are deactivated as they should, as well as the.bgl file is renewed via the tool, as it says "outdated" otherwise but there are no GSX Level 2 Jetways as well.

Simply no Gate is visible like it should.

Even resenting and rebuilding the chache a few times as no effect.

I would be grateful for any ideas you may have to fix this problem.

Thanks in advance!
Georg

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #449 on: February 04, 2019, 07:01:36 pm »
Guys, I'm having a problem with the EDDB configuration file from dropbox:
I downloaded it and followed the installation instructions like discribed in the readme as I'm using the "without BER active" option, so BER is still closed.
Once I start the simulator the SODE Jetways are deactivated as they should, as well as the.bgl file is renewed via the tool, as it says "outdated" otherwise but there are no GSX Level 2 Jetways as well.
Simply no Gate is visible like it should.
Even resenting and rebuilding the chache a few times as no effect.
I would be grateful for any ideas you may have to fix this problem.
Thanks in advance!
Georg
Hello Georg, Is muuch more simple than this.  DONT turn off the SODE There is nothing about this in the instructions.. then go to the scenery folder of EDDB and rename the file "EDDB_LIB-Jetways.BGL” to->   "EDDB_LIB-Jetways.OFF
please make sure you have the correct ".ini file". the way to make sure is that the AFCAD in use in your scenery is the same as the one in the second line of the GSX .ini file.  this is the same standard procedure as in 50% of the configurations. there is a video tutorial i made to help you with tihs and the link is in the same page here...
&index=9. 
(and if you have any doubts on which Afcad you have in use in the scenery is as simple as to open the gsx configurator and will show in the top left corner.. see the video.. is very helpful to understand GSX).