Author Topic: A BUNCH OF AIRPORT CONFIGURATIONS (100+) IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL  (Read 410648 times)

cartayna

• Beta tester
Re: A BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS AIRPORTS IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL
« Reply #375 on: January 04, 2019, 06:28:20 pm »
By the way ... big thanks for all the work you are doing Capt CARTAYANA !  ;D ;D

I really need to go through the tutos and start making my stuff as well!
hahaha.. go for it! the world is full of airports to be configurated. and you are quite wellcome.
yes, GSX level 2 (the expansion) is 100% needed for this. How to install is extremely easy, go to the pdf and follow the 4 steps in the case of KMIA.
cheers!

jalbino59

« Reply #376 on: January 04, 2019, 06:44:27 pm »
Hello again!

I just went into your archive to download LIRF, Rome Fuimicino but those particular files seem to be missing.

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #377 on: January 04, 2019, 06:46:13 pm »
Hello again!

I just went into your archive to download LIRF, Rome Fuimicino but those particular files seem to be missing.

They are there: 1 folder with the Roaming file and 1 pdf with the instructions.
here also attached

nordicman

« Reply #378 on: January 04, 2019, 07:58:24 pm »
And he wonders why i call him a Legend  ;D

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #379 on: January 04, 2019, 07:59:31 pm »
And he wonders why i call him a Legend  ;D
LOL!!! ;)

jalbino59

« Reply #380 on: January 04, 2019, 11:05:22 pm »
They are there: 1 folder with the Roaming file and 1 pdf with the instructions.
here also attached

Thank you. I did not locate them before.

jalbino59

« Reply #381 on: January 05, 2019, 05:17:27 pm »
@cartayna.

Javier, your collaboration with LVFR on KMIA is really a work of art.  The video does not do it justice.  It's absolutely incredible.  I also installed your LIRF files which are also amazing. Gracias hermano,

Cordialmente,

Jose

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #382 on: January 05, 2019, 11:19:13 pm »
@cartayna.

Javier, your collaboration with LVFR on KMIA is really a work of art.  The video does not do it justice.  It's absolutely incredible.  I also installed your LIRF files which are also amazing. Gracias hermano,

Cordialmente,

Jose

thanks a lot! happy that you like it.
Well LIRF could be much better if the jetways could be adapted in height (which I am sure that Mr Umberto will suprise us one of this days). there is a huge limitation in LIRF due to a very low architecture of the scenery ยจ(that i am not even sure is like that in the real life).. but thanks anyway! enjoy the flying.
Miami on the other hand, the scenery itself designed by LatinVFR is a work of art itself, it was just ready to welcome the gsx2 jetways that rises the already amazing scenery to a top level... and flying at night that scenery.. really something.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 11:26:49 pm by cartayna »

Rafal

« Reply #383 on: January 06, 2019, 02:29:03 am »
flying at night that scenery.. really something
Do you have good performance there with Dynamic Lighting?

And let me use this opportunity also to thank you for your amazing work.  :)
i7 7700k 4.2GHz, GTX 1080Ti, Asus MAXIMUS 9 FORMULA, 32 GB RAM DDR4, WD40EFRX 4TB, SSD 850 EVO 1TB, SSD 850 EVO 250GB, LG 34UM68-P 34" ultrawide monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, MSFS2020

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #384 on: January 06, 2019, 12:08:56 pm »
flying at night that scenery.. really something
Do you have good performance there with Dynamic Lighting?

And let me use this opportunity also to thank you for your amazing work.  :)
my pleasure, .. well as you know depends on the machine, but comparing apples with apples, if you do have a foggy night in landing it might be that way. on an open night and if is not dusk or sunset I think is running well. But I cant be very cientific about this, these last days since my one year 1080 graphics card is aparently dying. It must be all this configurations that killed it! LOL. Also, in sceneries with so many light efects as this one i dont dare to fly an FSLabs for example.
Since you asked me, i went inside again and do not see any difference in fps than any large scenery, even to the new ones such as LEMD.. Of course much better than EGLL.
cheers

cartayna

• Beta tester
A BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS AIRPORTS IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL
« Reply #385 on: January 06, 2019, 01:22:00 pm »
**********************  UPDATE ON KMIA  *********************
Hello everybody!

I have updated both configurations for there were a few parking positions that jetways could not operate due to the size. Thought I had reviewed it, but they must have sneaked between the lines.

Having said this, maybe I should have clarified a point. As you have seen in the package of KMIA there is an AFCAD file that has been retouched to make parking and pushbacks perfect. This is perfect of course as long as you dont select a parking position that does not match the size of the plane. The way it has been configurated is: Heavy based on a 747. Medium 738. Small 320.  Parkings in CRJ terminal (A60's) with a CRJ.  Thus if you chose to fly with a small plane in a medium parking or so, you might not get a perfect docking or jetway.  But this is common sense I guess.

Overwrite the .ini file you have installed to update (from the usual link bellow)

Cheers!

Javier Iturralde Lind
Cartayna Files

P.S. please excuse me if you have downloaded this prior to this editing today friday at 17:29Z, there were no instructions on how to change the Afcad of your scenery. It has been added on step Fourth of the KMIA instructions.

DOWNLOAD LINK FOR THE BUNDLE CONFIGURATIONS
: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bdkjqee8x1w57lm/AAAl4p_7jyl6jBmHnH1gumjRa?dl=0

TUTORIAL IN DETAIL FOR GSX2:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_jo_TDZG12UYkZ_tZ58ThN6ZDVyh_Ukq

[/quote]

Raphael

« Reply #386 on: January 06, 2019, 08:27:23 pm »
Wow just wanted to say thank you.....  :o

It is a good idea to create a full list of contributors, i see lot of sparse  files around, nothing like this one.

BTW is it possible to create PACSIM RPLL to SODE Jetways?  Well, there is a file around in this forum, but gives some problems... See here...

« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 01:24:11 am by Raphael »

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #387 on: January 11, 2019, 02:17:00 pm »
Wow just wanted to say thank you.....  :o

It is a good idea to create a full list of contributors, i see lot of sparse  files around, nothing like this one.

BTW is it possible to create PACSIM RPLL to SODE Jetways?  Well, there is a file around in this forum, but gives some problems... See here...

Hi Raphael!

I am not doing Asia as of yet, thought about it, and decided that Turkey and Russia was as far as I wanted to go (being EurAsia so to speak), but let me think about it. I am doing one scenery per week now, since I am back to being very busy with other issues, thus, if there is a week that there isnt a good release of a Europe or US scenery, I might be able to do a jump there.

Cheers

cartayna

• Beta tester
A BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS AIRPORTS IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL
« Reply #388 on: January 11, 2019, 02:51:10 pm »
**********************  LIKE EVERY FRIDAY, NEW CONFIGURATIONS ON CARTAYNA FILES *********************
Hello everybody!

This friday bring  you two more V4 files.   Also wanted to celebrate that Cartayna Files have reached the crazy number of 20,000 reads this week, in no more than 3 months! woow.

The first one is our weekly sponsored files by our friends at www.simflight.de and www.SimMarket.com, the brand new and astonishing LFPO - Paris Orly by JetStream Designs . If you dont have it yet, start running to the store.. you wont regret it.  JSD has being acostumed us to have amazing textures in their sceneries, but in Orly they have gone to a different level. The textures of the terminals that evolve during the time of the day depending of the time of the day that you sit in front of the different buildings, discovering new areas of this deeply worked terminals that compose this amazing airport. Needless to say, that we have been waiting for ages to have a good LFPO airport. The waiting has finnished and it most definetively been worth it. This v4 file brings you the possibility of having 3 configurations: 1. Glass, 2. Metal, 3. Default Sode jetways with the rest of my GSX configuration. This last one, is something you guys have asked a long time ago, so let me explain how this goes, although is explained in the instructions. If you dont rename the SODE files, GSX will not use my added jetways in any .ini configuration, for it detects that there is already a SODE jetway active. All the rest will be available to you, pushbacks, dockings, vehicles, etc etc. Special thanks to Thomas, developer of JSD, who has been giving constant updates on the evolution of the launching of LFPO. This has made possible that we dont need to add an Afcad for this configuration. Just 1 tinny error that is being fixed as we speak, duplicated gate P42 (one of them is R1). My config files are already prepared for the new afcad that is being released soon to fix this not very important error, so no update on my side will be necessary when the time comes.

Next and last scenery for UK2000 EGPF - Glasgow, that finnishes my intervention on this great group of sceneries donated by UK2000 so you guys could have a UK fully configurated for GSX Level 2 in the Cartayna files.  Thanks Gary for your cooperation. As soon as the rest of the airports follow the same luck as EGKK adding SODE to his sceneries, I would issue an update that will replace fix jetways that as of today can not be removed without sharing files that will breach the copyright. So we will wait for this to happen.

I  wanted to do a video about a V4 configuration this week, and the previous, going into detail even of the General Aviation area, but after one month of waiting to Carenado to solve an issue of my purchased keys not working, I gave up. Be careful with Carenado, they are very unprofessional and you might end up in the same situation as I did. I dont fly VFR and decided to buy one in late december for this configurations and tutorials, as I did with a CRJ of Aerosoft a couple of weeks ago for KMIA.  After a month of sending them pictures, videos of a simple issue, an error of their installer saying my key was not correct, I told them to fix it or refund, and their answer was: "one month after the download, there is no refund!" LOL... yes, the support ticket was issued to them the same day I purchased... Carenado.. well, I know where not to go and buy a plane anymore!

Have a great weekend flying and testing this sceneries, and see you next week!

All the best!

Javier Iturralde Lind
Cartayna Files

DOWNLOAD LINK FOR THE BUNDLE CONFIGURATIONS
: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bdkjqee8x1w57lm/AAAl4p_7jyl6jBmHnH1gumjRa?dl=0

TUTORIAL IN DETAIL FOR GSX2:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_jo_TDZG12UYkZ_tZ58ThN6ZDVyh_Ukq

« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 03:03:42 am by cartayna »

Rafal

« Reply #389 on: January 11, 2019, 08:50:18 pm »
Awesome, Javier!
Thank you so much, especially for LFPO.
Yes, it is an amazing addon airport.

A tiny question though. Is it possible there is a problem with location of the 'AEROPORTS DE PARIS' logo on some jetways?
I am attaching an image from jetway D6 where the problem is visible. The vertical lines joining glass panes are partially in front and partially behind the logo.
And because of it they flicker.

Thanks a lot once again!
i7 7700k 4.2GHz, GTX 1080Ti, Asus MAXIMUS 9 FORMULA, 32 GB RAM DDR4, WD40EFRX 4TB, SSD 850 EVO 1TB, SSD 850 EVO 250GB, LG 34UM68-P 34" ultrawide monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, MSFS2020