Author Topic: A BUNCH OF AIRPORT CONFIGURATIONS (100+) IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL  (Read 410313 times)

Timothy Metzinger

Re: A BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS AIRPORTS IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL
« Reply #360 on: January 03, 2019, 03:06:12 am »
Hello Tim!
Glad to hear that is inspiring you to buy more sceneries, we need the developers happy so they keep on bringing more amazing stuff to this world. And if you do, do it in www.SimMarket.com ! after all is thanks to them that I can bring you all this goodies! ;)
Yes, they are starting to bring the gsx2 files as part of the package of the new sceneries, the first one was AS LKPR, and unfortunately (since I am really looking for a holliday! lol) it was little more than an empty file. They did not do most of the things that my v3 files bring.. This weekend I will start working on the new LFPO that in theory has one (https://secure.simmarket.com/jetstream-designs-paris-orly-lfpo-p3dv4.phtml), lets see what they bring.  Also the new LEAL (Alicante), I shall check that too, and let you guys know!....
Tomorrow, if you guys like to fly in the US, is a massive work that I have done on an amazing scenery.. but lets wait till tomorrow, .... ;)
take care,
Javier
I'm based in the US, so I'll be looking forward to whatever you've done.  I'm also getting Orly and have LEAL already, so looking forward to what you do there.

turbay

« Reply #361 on: January 03, 2019, 01:44:22 pm »
Hello Javier,

it worked! thanks for your support!! :-)

Sincerly,

Felipe

turbay

« Reply #362 on: January 03, 2019, 04:13:13 pm »
Hola Javier,

quick question in case i dont have the same airport developer as you have, for example you have for LOWI an scenery with fly tampa, if I just have the standard airport from FSX, can I still isntall your files? or it might create any conflict?

Muchas gracias!

Saludos,

Felipe

Timothy Metzinger

« Reply #363 on: January 03, 2019, 06:24:59 pm »
Hola Javier,

quick question in case i dont have the same airport developer as you have, for example you have for LOWI an scenery with fly tampa, if I just have the standard airport from FSX, can I still isntall your files? or it might create any conflict?

Muchas gracias!

Saludos,

Felipe

Felipe,
GSX configurations are closely tied to the Airport Facility files (ADE/AFCAD) and the scenery so that the parking spaces and jetways line up properly.   Since nearly all third party scenery designers modify their scenery from the default scenery, the work Javier does for a specific third party scenery (i.e. FlyTampa) will probably NOT work with default scenery.  You'll end up seeing jetways half-in/half-out of buildings, for instance, and the trucks and loaders not where they should be.

Best wishes,
Tim

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #364 on: January 03, 2019, 06:53:04 pm »
Hola Javier,

Muchas gracias!

Saludos,

Felipe

Felipe,
GSX configurations are closely tied to the Airport Facility files (ADE/AFCAD) and the scenery so that the parking spaces and jetways line up properly.   Since nearly all third party scenery designers modify their scenery from the default scenery, the work Javier does for a specific third party scenery (i.e. FlyTampa) will probably NOT work with default scenery.  You'll end up seeing jetways half-in/half-out of buildings, for instance, and the trucks and loaders not where they should be.

Best wishes,
Tim
indeed it would look like a mess! LOL sorry

turbay

« Reply #365 on: January 04, 2019, 09:58:26 am »
Hi Tim, Hi Javier,

perfect, thanks for the explanation and support!

Sincerly,

Felipe

cartayna

• Beta tester
A BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS AIRPORTS IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL
« Reply #366 on: January 04, 2019, 03:28:42 pm »
**********************  LIKE EVERY FRIDAY, NEW CONFIGURATIONS ON CARTAYNA FILES *********************
Hello everybody!

This friday is a special day, for I bring  you the first V4 file: KMIA from LatinVFR.  A V4 means that 2 configurations are offered. One in glass and the other to match as much as possible with the liveries we have, the real-life configuration of the airport, and if the parking sposts or taxi lanes are not good for GSX, a corrected AFCAD if developer authorizes.  I want to stop now and thank Ricardo Morillo, owner of LatinVFR, who from the minute 1 has been open minded and has welocomed Cartayna files into putting his hands on this amazing scenery. KMIA is really special in so many ways. First is a huge airport (second in international travellers in the US) with over 125 gates to be configured. Needles to say it has been a huge job not only for the design of the GSX configuration, and giving 2 (glass and metal), double. But even tripple since Ricardo has been so generous as to allow me to share with you an AFCAD file made just for GSX! Yes, is the first one we have and I have managed to adapt it so the Artificial Intelligence of GSX2 will have the same aircraft position upon entering the sim, the stop position and the GSX parking position, aha,  no joke! Also i retouched the taxi nodes so we can have the smoothest pushbacks you have seen a scenery to have so far. Thanks Ricardo for being so smart and understanding that addons are not intrusive to your product, but the other way around.  
More things about KMIA. If you like  night time appraches to an airport, I have not seen one as astonishing as this one. The lighting of the airport is just amazing. I am not going to talk more about this, because I want you to discover for yourself.  Also the surrounding areas of Miami have been worked to great detail and a VFR flight at night around the Miami area is full of surprises. The huge area of Miami has been worked in full lighting so you can enjoy a vast city as alive as Miami is in real life. Something that I have personally seen and this scenery has matched to perfection.  And being this a special ocasion I have made a video of this scenery configuration that you can see in this link. This will perhaps help you to decide which of the 2 configurations you prefer. Changing from one to the other is as simple as erasing one .ini file and dropping the other (without even exiting the simulator, just by pressing rebuilid the airport cache in the Addons Menu). Here it is:
. Hope you like it..

Next I bring you our weekly sponsored scenery brought to you by our loyal friends www.SimMarket.com and www.Simflight.de.  LIML - Milano Linate.  A beautifull small airport that I love to fly from and to when flying online in Vatsim.  Located close to Malpensa, it offers you one of the most detailed textures you have seen so far in FSX/P3D. Is small, but a killer.

I myself bring you another small airport LFRS - Nantes. Something in the line of Milano Linate but in France. The original scnery was a bit of a mess in the pushbacks, so this one, besides having jetways and the usual, has also the usual perfect pushbacks for you to enjoy.

Have a great weekend flying and testing this sceneries, and see you next week!

All the best!

Javier Iturralde Lind
Cartayna Files

P.S. please excuse me if you have downloaded this prior to this editing today friday at 17:29Z, there were no instructions on how to change the Afcad of your scenery. It has been added on step Fourth of the KMIA instructions.

DOWNLOAD LINK FOR THE BUNDLE CONFIGURATIONS
: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bdkjqee8x1w57lm/AAAl4p_7jyl6jBmHnH1gumjRa?dl=0

TUTORIAL IN DETAIL FOR GSX2:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_jo_TDZG12UYkZ_tZ58ThN6ZDVyh_Ukq
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 03:03:12 am by cartayna »

AirbusA330

« Reply #367 on: January 04, 2019, 03:54:40 pm »
Great news, thanks for this cartayna. I'm very happy about having the option to choose between all glass jetways and a 'realistic' replication of the real configuration now. Thank you so much.

alphaklg

« Reply #368 on: January 04, 2019, 04:09:17 pm »
hello does the ini file work with GSX V2 without the "expansion" where you have the passengers moving ?

yvesamuel

« Reply #369 on: January 04, 2019, 04:29:49 pm »
Thank's a lot.
As you are making Latin VFR sceneriez, could it be possible to have his LEBL?

Have a good weekend
Yves

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #370 on: January 04, 2019, 04:42:51 pm »
Thank's a lot.
As you are making Latin VFR sceneriez, could it be possible to have his LEBL?

Have a good weekend
Yves
Hello Yves,
Unfortunatelly I only make one ICAO, specially if they are large sceneries, otherwise Cartayna Files would have 5 sceneries instead of 50.  It takes over 40h to make a large scenery (KMIA over 100).
Try the other LEBL available in the cartayna files to see what happens. Sometimes the difference requires a few touches here and there.
cheers

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #371 on: January 04, 2019, 04:44:10 pm »
hello does the ini file work with GSX V2 without the "expansion" where you have the passengers moving ?
which .ini? expansion? you mean the bridge? sorry i am lost.

yvesamuel

« Reply #372 on: January 04, 2019, 05:13:14 pm »
I think he is speeking GSX ors GSX level2
GSX level is absolutely necessary.

Yves

alphaklg

« Reply #373 on: January 04, 2019, 06:00:37 pm »
which .ini? expansion? you mean the bridge? sorry i am lost.

Yes sorry i meant the GSX v2 without the expansion for the moving pax...a nd the ini file relates to GSX config file for the airport, so basically if i download your config files and put in the appropriate  FSDT folder having GSX v2 i will then see the new SODE jetways correct?

alphaklg

« Reply #374 on: January 04, 2019, 06:01:47 pm »
By the way ... big thanks for all the work you are doing Capt CARTAYANA !  ;D ;D

I really need to go through the tutos and start making my stuff as well!