Author Topic: A BUNCH OF AIRPORT CONFIGURATIONS (100+) IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL  (Read 414534 times)

markmasterson

Re: A BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS AIRPORTS IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL
« Reply #345 on: January 01, 2019, 12:32:19 am »
First I want to commend you on your support for all of our hobbies.  I seem to have a problem with EGKK.  I have read all the forum posts but whenever I open EGKK I get a Couatl Crash.  Gives me an error report that I can't read.  Then it asks to restart. I do and then it crashes again.  I believe I followed all the directions and I know how to get it back to working but would love to have your magic at this airport.  I was successful with EBBR (Brussels) and EDDM (Munich).   Thank you again.  Just wondering if you or someone can refer me to a solution.

Also want to let you know when I return to normal.  No Couatl crash...

Mark
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 12:46:26 am by markmasterson »

torsten

« Reply #346 on: January 01, 2019, 11:33:33 am »
Hi,

just for info, the docking systems for the Gates in Leipzig are from wrong type.

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #347 on: January 01, 2019, 12:04:50 pm »
Hi,

just for info, the docking systems for the Gates in Leipzig are from wrong type.
Hello Torsten,

Well i dont go exactly to each airport and find what do they have in real life. that is something i leave to you guys. the reason for this, is I could go crazy and would do 10% of the configurations I actually do today. Also because this is an issue that creates a lot of discrepancies between users. As a mater of fact, in another scenery (LOWW) that another user who claims to live in that same citty, corrected this dockings, the advertising and another few issues. So i did. and then later another user said they were a different type.  imagine with 50 sceneries! I would go nuts.
Also, 95% of the time that takes to configurate a scenery is the "other" things, pushbacks coordinates, placing objects, revising afcads, etc.  And this is why I say that i leave those "esthetic" or "realistic" issues to you guys to change, for it takes aproximately 1 minute to change, for example all dockings in the scenery to your liking. Same as the jetways for example. Also the adds (which another user told me to change them, this does not make sense, since the adds change with time, ... ) and so forth.

The only scenery that I am doing this is with a surprise that is coming this friday, for those who like to fly in the US.  Something that i am doing in collaboration with a cool and popular developer of sceneries.  So out of respect for his generosity and dedication, i will create 2 versions, mine and a very realistic one.  The rest, as I say, leave it up to you.

Cheers!

javier
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 12:08:56 pm by cartayna »

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #348 on: January 01, 2019, 12:13:55 pm »
First I want to commend you on your support for all of our hobbies.  I seem to have a problem with EGKK.  I have read all the forum posts but whenever I open EGKK I get a Couatl Crash.  Gives me an error report that I can't read.  Then it asks to restart. I do and then it crashes again.  I believe I followed all the directions and I know how to get it back to working but would love to have your magic at this airport.  I was successful with EBBR (Brussels) and EDDM (Munich).   Thank you again.  Just wondering if you or someone can refer me to a solution.

Also want to let you know when I return to normal.  No Couatl crash...

Mark

Hello Mark,

Well from what you are saying it seems to me that you have a GSX issue more than a EGKK issue, for that scenery is probably the most tested, installed and popular one in this files.  You need to go to settings in GSX and enable the log, so Umberto can tell you what is that you have wrong in your installation.. at least that is what it looks like.
with the information that you give is impossible to have an idea of what is wrong with your gsx2.

see pic.

cartayna

• Beta tester
A BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS AIRPORTS IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL
« Reply #349 on: January 01, 2019, 12:22:28 pm »
HAPPY   NEW  YEAR!!!!

disco79stu

« Reply #350 on: January 01, 2019, 03:18:33 pm »
Just a quick thank you for your work in general and the new LIRF config especially. Works like a charm now!!!!

Happy new year!

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #351 on: January 01, 2019, 03:20:07 pm »
Just a quick thank you for your work in general and the new LIRF config especially. Works like a charm now!!!!

Happy new year!

Awesome! good to hear, yes LIRF is much better with GSX2.
happy new year 2u2

torsten

« Reply #352 on: January 01, 2019, 04:02:16 pm »
Hi,

Hello Torsten,

Well i dont go exactly to each airport and find what do they have in real life. that is something i leave to you guys. the reason for this, is I could go crazy and would do 10% of the configurations I actually do today. Also because this is an issue that creates a lot of discrepancies between users. As a mater of fact, in another scenery (LOWW) that another user who claims to live in that same citty, corrected this dockings, the advertising and another few issues. So i did. and then later another user said they were a different type.  imagine with 50 sceneries! I would go nuts.
Also, 95% of the time that takes to configurate a scenery is the "other" things, pushbacks coordinates, placing objects, revising afcads, etc.  And this is why I say that i leave those "esthetic" or "realistic" issues to you guys to change, for it takes aproximately 1 minute to change, for example all dockings in the scenery to your liking. Same as the jetways for example. Also the adds (which another user told me to change them, this does not make sense, since the adds change with time, ... ) and so forth.

The only scenery that I am doing this is with a surprise that is coming this friday, for those who like to fly in the US.  Something that i am doing in collaboration with a cool and popular developer of sceneries.  So out of respect for his generosity and dedication, i will create 2 versions, mine and a very realistic one.  The rest, as I say, leave it up to you.

Cheers!

javier

Hello,

that should not say you do a bad job, NO...YOU DO A AMAZING JOB !!

markmasterson

« Reply #353 on: January 01, 2019, 04:12:47 pm »
Javier,
   Thank you for your advice.  However I found the problem.  It was not GSX but Orbx Global Vector and Great Britian LandClass.  All users need to realize that vector may or may not turnoff their AFCAD files.  They must be turned off if you are going to use the Sode ini from another user.   Spent a whole day trying to figure this out.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 04:59:20 pm by markmasterson »

Timothy Metzinger

« Reply #354 on: January 02, 2019, 04:49:11 am »
Just want to say Happy New year and a BIG thank you for all your work, particularly fixing the gate mixup (27 and 28) at EGKK. 

You're inspiring me to buy more scenery now.  While I hope that developers will continue to embrace SODE and keep GSX in mind during their design process (and eventually give you a well earned vacation), I'm so grateful for the effort you put into this.  Having tweaked a few airports myself, I understand what a massive job it is to get it all "working".

Best wishes,
Tim

turbay

« Reply #355 on: January 02, 2019, 10:10:19 pm »
Hello Javier, Hello Everyone,

first of all, thanks for the time you have invested in supporting all participants with this product!! I have seen your video (tutorial nr. 6) were you explain all about sharing files for sceneries.

Unfortunately, EDDF is not working for me. I am using FSX with the Aerosoft Mega Airport Frankfurt.

I just have two questions:

1) Regarding the "AFCAD path". In the video you mention that is important that the name inside the INI file, that goes to the Roaming file, should be the same as the one used in the airport scenery, which in my case is Aerosoft EDDF. If I go to this path (FSX/Aerosoft/EDDF/Scenery) I see a bunch of files but I dont know how to identify the "afcad" file that is active. How can I do this? I want to make sure, that such file has the same name as your INI file, as you explain in the video, which for EDDF is: EDDF_AFX-OP07.BGL. 

2) Regarding the Roaming file, I am copying this to the roaming folder under GSX with the file as I download it, i.e. eddf-cartaynaDJ-v3, should I rename this file, or can I leave it like such?

Thanks in advance for your feedback!!

Sincerly,

Felipe

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #356 on: January 02, 2019, 11:06:24 pm »
Hi,

Hello Torsten,

Cheers!

javier

Hello,

that should not say you do a bad job, NO...YOU DO A AMAZING JOB !!

hahahhaa thanks!!

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #357 on: January 02, 2019, 11:09:19 pm »
Javier,
   Thank you for your advice.  However I found the problem.  It was not GSX but Orbx Global Vector and Great Britian LandClass.  All users need to realize that vector may or may not turnoff their AFCAD files.  They must be turned off if you are going to use the Sode ini from another user.   Spent a whole day trying to figure this out.

good to know and happy that you found out! unfortunately many things escape out of my scope of knowledge, and what happened to you sounds like chinese to me! LOL.  but really happy that is working, now enjoy it, you earned it!
cheers

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #358 on: January 02, 2019, 11:17:11 pm »
Just want to say Happy New year and a BIG thank you for all your work, particularly fixing the gate mixup (27 and 28) at EGKK. 

You're inspiring me to buy more scenery now.  While I hope that developers will continue to embrace SODE and keep GSX in mind during their design process (and eventually give you a well earned vacation), I'm so grateful for the effort you put into this.  Having tweaked a few airports myself, I understand what a massive job it is to get it all "working".

Best wishes,
Tim
Hello Tim!
Glad to hear that is inspiring you to buy more sceneries, we need the developers happy so they keep on bringing more amazing stuff to this world. And if you do, do it in www.SimMarket.com ! after all is thanks to them that I can bring you all this goodies! ;)
Yes, they are starting to bring the gsx2 files as part of the package of the new sceneries, the first one was AS LKPR, and unfortunately (since I am really looking for a holliday! lol) it was little more than an empty file. They did not do most of the things that my v3 files bring.. This weekend I will start working on the new LFPO that in theory has one (https://secure.simmarket.com/jetstream-designs-paris-orly-lfpo-p3dv4.phtml), lets see what they bring.  Also the new LEAL (Alicante), I shall check that too, and let you guys know!....
Tomorrow, if you guys like to fly in the US, is a massive work that I have done on an amazing scenery.. but lets wait till tomorrow, .... ;)
take care,
Javier

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #359 on: January 02, 2019, 11:22:49 pm »
Hello Javier, Hello Everyone,

first of all, thanks for the time you have invested in supporting all participants with this product!! I have seen your video (tutorial nr. 6) were you explain all about sharing files for sceneries.

Unfortunately, EDDF is not working for me. I am using FSX with the Aerosoft Mega Airport Frankfurt.

I just have two questions:

1) Regarding the "AFCAD path". In the video you mention that is important that the name inside the INI file, that goes to the Roaming file, should be the same as the one used in the airport scenery, which in my case is Aerosoft EDDF. If I go to this path (FSX/Aerosoft/EDDF/Scenery) I see a bunch of files but I dont know how to identify the "afcad" file that is active. How can I do this? I want to make sure, that such file has the same name as your INI file, as you explain in the video, which for EDDF is: EDDF_AFX-OP07.BGL.  

2) Regarding the Roaming file, I am copying this to the roaming folder under GSX with the file as I download it, i.e. eddf-cartaynaDJ-v3, should I rename this file, or can I leave it like such?

Thanks in advance for your feedback!!

Sincerly,

Felipe

Hola Felipe!

There is a trick on how to know the name and location of your Afcad. Go to the scenery (EDDF) and in the Addons Menu of the Sim, go to GSX>Customize Airport postions, and there you find the menu in the attached picture, in yellow you see the name and the path of the afcad. you only need to write the Afcad name, and that is it.
Regarding the name of the .ini file, you can call it what ever you want, i suggest you leave my name so you can know where is coming from. Having said this the .ini files need to have the four letters of the icao, a - symbol, and then the text that you want before the .ini file extension... e.g. EDDF-Felipe.ini  

Saludos!

Javier