Author Topic: A BUNCH OF AIRPORT CONFIGURATIONS (100+) IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL  (Read 410243 times)

Thomasba

Re: A BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS AIRPORTS IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL
« Reply #330 on: December 24, 2018, 08:43:57 pm »
Not a problem Javier  ;D

I have most of the UK2000 sceneries so if I can help further just let me know

Regards
Brian

cartayna

• Beta tester
A BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS AIRPORTS IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL
« Reply #331 on: December 28, 2018, 03:47:46 pm »
**********************  LIKE EVERY FRIDAY, NEW CONFIGURATIONS ON CARTAYNA FILES *********************
Hello everybody!

Today I bring you some sceneries that I know most of you will apreciate. One of them has been a lot of work due to the size and complexity. In doing this one, 40hours have been put into being able to adapt it to GSX Level 2.  Plenty of time moving jetways that were not in the correct position, testing upper decks and triplejetways, some pretty bad default pushback configuration of the whole scenery that is now perfect.

The first one, brought to you by Cartayna's Files sponsors www.SimFlight.de & www.SimMarket.com, is KJFK - John F. Kennedy, NY, from Drzewiecki Designs. Over 122 parkings that have single, doubles, overthe wings, upperdecks jetways,  for  a380 and 747, you name it.. When I finnished the last Mega Airport I promised myselfI was not doing another, and here I am, lol.

Speaking of next week, the very friendly owner and developer of LatinVfr, Ricardo Morillo, has pitch in with his KMIA so we can now have ANOTHER Mega Airport in the USA. This is probably my last one, but i did not want to leave the South East Coast with a nice scenery that has plenty of Vatsim traffic unattended... I am impressed by the amount of sceneries Latin VFR has developed and was not quite aware of it, till i researched the group. Thanks Ricardo for your so kind and friendly attention. I will do my best and hope your customers apreciate a full v3 configuration for your great scenery!

Also 2 more sceneries that Gary from UK2000 threw in to my "to-do" list, 1 more next week, and with Glasgow, I will be finnished with UK2000 sceneries.  As in others that have still fixed
jetways that can not remove with outh breaching the copyright, i will of course release them again, once Gary is finnished upgrading this
sceneries as he did with EGKK... I am sure he is not far from finnishing.  So this week from UK2000: EGBB - Birmingham and EGPH - Edimburgh.

Have a very happy 2019 and hope that we can still share more configurations during the coming year.

All the best!

Javier Iturralde Lind
Cartayna

DOWNLOAD LINK FOR THE BUNDLE CONFIGURATIONS
: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bdkjqee8x1w57lm/AAAl4p_7jyl6jBmHnH1gumjRa?dl=0

TUTORIAL IN DETAIL FOR GSX2:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_jo_TDZG12UYkZ_tZ58ThN6ZDVyh_Ukq
[/quote]
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 03:02:46 am by cartayna »

p3dx3

« Reply #332 on: December 29, 2018, 11:07:05 am »
**********************  LIKE EVERY FRIDAY, NEW CONFIGURATIONS ON CARTAYNA FILES *********************
Hello everybody!

Today I bring you some sceneries that I know most of you will apreciate. One of them has been a lot of work due to the size and complexity. In doing this one, 40hours have been put into being able to adapt it to GSX Level 2.  Plenty of time moving jetways that were not in the correct position, testing upper decks and triplejetways, some pretty bad default pushback configuration of the whole scenery that is now perfect.

The first one, brought to you by Cartayna's Files sponsors www.SimFlight.de & www.SimMarket.com, is KJFK - John F. Kennedy, NY, from Drzewiecki Designs. Over 122 parkings that have single, doubles, overthe wings, upperdecks jetways,  for  a380 and 747, you name it.. When I finnished the last Mega Airport I promised myselfI was not doing another, and here I am, lol.

Speaking of next week, the very friendly owner and developer of LatinVfr, Ricardo Morillo, has pitch in with his KMIA so we can now have ANOTHER Mega Airport in the USA. This is probably my last one, but i did not want to leave the South East Coast with a nice scenery that has plenty of Vatsim traffic unattended... I am impressed by the amount of sceneries Latin VFR has developed and was not quite aware of it, till i researched the group. Thanks Ricardo for your so kind and friendly attention. I will do my best and hope your customers apreciate a full v3 configuration for your great scenery!

Also 2 more sceneries that Gary from UK2000 threw in to my "to-do" list, 1 more next week, and with Glasgow, I will be finnished with UK2000 sceneries.  As in others that have still fixed
jetways that can not remove with outh breaching the copyright, i will of course release them again, once Gary is finnished upgrading this
sceneries as he did with EGKK... I am sure he is not far from finnishing.  So this week from UK2000: EGBB - Birmingham and EGPH - Edimburgh.

Have a very happy 2019 and hope that we can still share more configurations during the coming year.

All the best!

Javier Iturralde Lind
Cartayna

DOWNLOAD LINK FOR THE BUNDLE CONFIGURATIONS
: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bdkjqee8x1w57lm/AAAl4p_7jyl6jBmHnH1gumjRa?dl=0

TUTORIAL IN DETAIL FOR GSX2:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_jo_TDZG12UYkZ_tZ58ThN6ZDVyh_Ukq
[/quote]

Thank you so much for this!

pvupilot

« Reply #333 on: December 29, 2018, 07:53:26 pm »
I just discovered this gold mine! I do have a question, how accurate are these jetways vs the real world jetways?

Either way, thank you for all of the hard work and dedication! And for sharing with all of us!

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #334 on: December 29, 2018, 08:00:24 pm »
I just discovered this gold mine! I do have a question, how accurate are these jetways vs the real world jetways?

Either way, thank you for all of the hard work and dedication! And for sharing with all of us!

hello!
well not very.  I started doing a few exactly the way in real life are, and here is the thing.. 90% of the airoprts use very similar jetways.. thus it would be boring as hell to have all the sceneries the same...
Also i must accept that i abuse a little on the glass jetaways.. but is more fun this way, to see the passangers boarding.
Also take into account that doing a scenery of lets say, JFK that came this week takes a good 40hours to do in my full v3 configuration... (and this is being very good and fast at it with plenty of tricks to speed up the process).. the part of selecting one type of jetway of a configuration is not more than 3% of the work, the hard part is placing things into position, make them fit. editing ALL the pushbacks, etc, etc..

Therefore, if you find that you rather use a realistic metalic jetway other than mine, adapting one of mine takes you 5-10 minutes.. so all in all, is a good saving of 97% of time! lol

in the future, with more liveries and maybe jetways to be able to adapt in height we will be able to do more.  Then I will update sceneries.

Cheers.

pvupilot

« Reply #335 on: December 29, 2018, 08:29:59 pm »
Thanks for the reply! I do agree, having most of the jetways the same gets old after a while. I was just curios. I love your work and really appreciate it!! Downloading and installing them now. This saves us a LOT of time!

tbarker1989

« Reply #336 on: December 30, 2018, 07:52:18 am »
Cartayna, I have a question for your EGCC scenery. I am at a loss. Can you explain the A, B, and especially C to me? I did part 1 and 2 easy but the MOST IMPORTANT and after confuses me.

Thank you,

Tim Barker

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #337 on: December 30, 2018, 02:49:08 pm »
Cartayna, I have a question for your EGCC scenery. I am at a loss. Can you explain the A, B, and especially C to me? I did part 1 and 2 easy but the MOST IMPORTANT and after confuses me.

Thank you,

Tim Barker
Hello Tim,

Sure, I will probably do a video this week on this. Is pretty straight forward once you are familiarized with that is Sode, the .ini files that contain the instructions of GSX, what is an Afcad, and how does a couatl work. this last is the engine that moves GSX .ini file.
For now, just trust me and follow it to the letter. a has to do with the Afcad. go to your scenery folder of EGCC and check that the file that starts with "EGCC_afx_UK2x" ends in TRM. if you have another one, delete it and replace it by EGCC_afx_UK2xTRM.bgl that is in the options folder of the scenery of UK2000 EGCC. b)that is simple, but do it after c has been checked out.. maybe i should change the order. and c, go to your scenery folder where you have done a, and make sure that there is no file that starts with EGCC and has the .ini extension on in.  Once you have done that, and you have of course done instructions 1st and 2nd, go in the simulator Addon menu and (Add-on Menu > Coautl settings > Rebuild airport cache once and if you dont have ALL my jetways there, restart the couatl in the same menu untill they all show there).

Let me know if this helps.

torsten

« Reply #338 on: December 31, 2018, 12:43:23 am »
Hello, nice Tutorial!!
But can you do such a nice one for EDDP Gates 401,402, 421,422 as example ?
That would be very nice !

Thanks

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #339 on: December 31, 2018, 01:30:56 am »
Hello, nice Tutorial!!
But can you do such a nice one for EDDP Gates 401,402, 421,422 as example ?
That would be very nice !

Thanks
hello,
thanks for the compliment,...
another video in EDDP,  in what sense? have you seen the index list of video tutorials? there is one every issue of gsx2.

grandfred29

« Reply #340 on: December 31, 2018, 10:10:28 am »
good day

Where i can find the config for jetstream design LFRS please?

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #341 on: December 31, 2018, 11:27:12 am »
good day

Where i can find the config for jetstream design LFRS please?
Here, is coming in the next fridays publication.

jalbino59

« Reply #342 on: December 31, 2018, 02:39:24 pm »
Hello Javier,

I just want to be sure, whatever changes or improvements you've made to your files are included and re-published in the original archive the download link points to correct? or in other words, that link has your latest files for all sceneries?

Saludos,
Jose

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #343 on: December 31, 2018, 02:40:19 pm »
Hello Javier,

I just want to be sure, whatever changes or improvements you've made to your files are included and re-published in the original archive the download link points to correct? or in other words, that link has your latest files for all sceneries?

Saludos,
Jose
it is, is a dropbox link to the folder where i place the shared files.

jalbino59

« Reply #344 on: December 31, 2018, 04:20:47 pm »
Hello Javier,

Saludos,
Jose
it is, is a dropbox link to the folder where i place the shared files.

Thank you