Author Topic: A BUNCH OF AIRPORT CONFIGURATIONS (100+) IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL  (Read 410311 times)

Rafal

Re: A BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS AIRPORTS IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL
« Reply #315 on: December 16, 2018, 11:31:50 pm »
But to be honest in sceneries such as KSFO that took me tons of hours, i might have made a mistake

Thank you very much, Javier!  :)
I'll get in touch with you unless I correct it myself.
i7 7700k 4.2GHz, GTX 1080Ti, Asus MAXIMUS 9 FORMULA, 32 GB RAM DDR4, WD40EFRX 4TB, SSD 850 EVO 1TB, SSD 850 EVO 250GB, LG 34UM68-P 34" ultrawide monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, MSFS2020

Cpt.John-Hild

« Reply #316 on: December 17, 2018, 10:58:15 pm »
Hola Javier!

I would love to use your stunning GSX2-modifications. As I do not use P3dv4 but p3dv3 could you please advise whether your modifications will work on the p3dv3-versions as well ? For example: I use LSZH by Aerosoft V2 (not professional). I installed your LSZH modifications, but unfortunately could not see any new jetways. Did I do something wrong or will I fail to continue whatever I do?

Best regards & thanks in advance

John

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #317 on: December 17, 2018, 11:05:20 pm »
Hola Javier!

I would love to use your stunning GSX2-modifications. As I do not use P3dv4 but p3dv3 could you please advise whether your modifications will work on the p3dv3-versions as well ? For example: I use LSZH by Aerosoft V2 (not professional). I installed your LSZH modifications, but unfortunately could not see any new jetways. Did I do something wrong or will I fail to continue whatever I do?

John
Hi John, unless someone corrects me the version of p3d is irrelevant here (if your gsx level 2 works, then is ok). A totally different issue is the scenery.  Muy configurations are made for specific sceneries. with their very specific AFCADS. E.g. if you take my EGLL AS London mega airport, and you change the name of the afcad of my file (in the second line of the .ini file) and place the AFCAD of UK2000 EGLL, you will probably get everything not exactly on the places you should. So in other words, my LSZH will work perfectly on your LSZH since is the same scenery.
Also remember that when you load my configuration you have to rebuild the airport caché in the Addons menu>Couatl... and a couple of times after that the Restart Couatl in the same menu. But again my configurations are made for specific scneries.  

Hope this clarifies your doubts.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 09:35:41 am by cartayna »

cartayna

• Beta tester
A BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS AIRPORTS IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL
« Reply #318 on: December 18, 2018, 09:29:44 am »
**********************  NEW INSTRUCTIONS ON KBOS   *********************
Hello guys,

Thanks to a report of a user, we have detected something odd in the GSX2 control panel with KBOS. For some unknown reason does not want to exclude all the parkings when selected CTRL+J on the control panel of FlyTampa prior to the installation of my file... thus there is a new way of getting rid of the jetways. The instructions updated are in the folder but i here attach them also. Just do Step THIRD of the instructions and in 5 secs you are set to go..
Reporting this to FSDT.  

THIRD:   In the FlyTampa Control Panel, select SODE Jetways. Go to the C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml folder and change the file extension of “FlyTampa_KBOS.xml” to “.off

Issue solved. Thanks Umberto for advising us that i made a silly mistake.. all taken care of ... you can now also exclude either by exclusions or by tuning off sode.... both methods available in the instructions..

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers,
Javier Iturralde Lind
"Cartayna"

DOWNLOAD LINK FOR THE BUNDLE CONFIGURATIONS: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bdkjqee8x1w57lm/AAAl4p_7jyl6jBmHnH1gumjRa?dl=0

TUTORIAL IN DETAIL FOR GSX2:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_jo_TDZG12UYkZ_tZ58ThN6ZDVyh_Ukq
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 05:53:06 pm by cartayna »

Cpt.John-Hild

« Reply #319 on: December 18, 2018, 06:19:44 pm »
Hola Javier!

John
Hi John, unless someone corrects me the version of p3d is irrelevant here (if your gsx level 2 works, then is ok). A totally different issue is the scenery.  Muy configurations are made for specific sceneries. with their very specific AFCADS. E.g. if you take my EGLL AS London mega airport, and you change the name of the afcad of my file (in the second line of the .ini file) and place the AFCAD of UK2000 EGLL, you will probably get everything not exactly on the places you should. So in other words, my LSZH will work perfectly on your LSZH since is the same scenery.
Also remember that when you load my configuration you have to rebuild the airport caché in the Addons menu>Couatl... and a couple of times after that the Restart Couatl in the same menu. But again my configurations are made for specific scneries.  

Cheers.

Hola Javier,

thank you so much for your instant reply. Glad to learn that your modifications could work in p3dv3 as well as long as the scenery is the same. Your example to adjust the afcad in the ini-file was essential. I simply had to adjust the afcad-line to my valid afcad in my AS LSZH V2-Scenery an … your jetways were loaded - wow. What a Achievement. I really appreciate your efforts.

So for all members trying to use Javier's modifications in older p3v3-Versions of the same scenery: Make sure the "afcad"-line in the ini-file provided corresponds to your valid afcad-file.

Ones again thank you. Best regards

John

John

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #320 on: December 18, 2018, 06:21:04 pm »
Hola Javier!

John

Cheers.

Hola Javier,

thank you so much for your instant reply. Glad to learn that your modifications could work in p3dv3 as well as long as the scenery is the same. Your example to adjust the afcad in the ini-file was essential. I simply had to adjust the afcad-line to my valid afcad in my AS LSZH V2-Scenery an … your jetways were loaded - wow. What a Achievement. I really appreciate your efforts.

So for all members trying to use Javier's modifications in older p3v3-Versions of the same scenery: Make sure the "afcad"-line in the ini-file provided corresponds to your valid afcad-file.

Ones again thank you. Best regards

John

John
Glad to know is al ok!! enjoy it!

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #321 on: December 21, 2018, 07:44:34 pm »
**********************  LIKE EVERY FRIDAY, NEW CONFIGURATIONS ON CARTAYNA FILES *********************
Hello guys!

Since this are complicated days for all of us, I am bringing only one scenery with our never surrendering suport of www.SimMarket.com and www.Simflight.de. Last friday I selected a scenery that I believe GSX Level2 will have a lot to say in it, due to the very few parking spots with operating jetways, lack of dockings, and so many other things that GSX Level2 will improve big time your experience in the scenery.  LIRF, Fiumiccino Leonardo da Vincci, Rome Airport by MKStudios.  Terminal 4 & 5 had only one standard operating jeatway, now all of them are working and we pass from 15 working jetways parkings to 33. Instructions on how to easly get rid of fixed jetways included. Other than those things GSX2 can take care of, this scenery is pretty nice, and at night is outstanding.

Thanks to the contribuition of mainly this 2 sponsors, and a few others that have joined,  I have brought to you this year 39 sceneries of v3. Hopefuly, next year there will be more to come, although I will be bringing them at a slower rate than this crazy weeks behind.. Closer is now my goal to reach a total of 50 sceneries that would give a kik start to this addon that I personally love.  

Next week I will bring you another scenery sponsored by this 2 friends of Cartayna Files, and the last two of UK2000 that I will be making from this great developer that has made flying in UK possible. EGBB & EGPF.

I wish that you have a Merry Christmas and hope to see you soon here in Cartayna Files!

Cheers!!

Javier Iturralde Lind
Cartayna Files

DOWNLOAD LINK FOR THE BUNDLE CONFIGURATIONS
: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bdkjqee8x1w57lm/AAAl4p_7jyl6jBmHnH1gumjRa?dl=0

TUTORIAL IN DETAIL FOR GSX2:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_jo_TDZG12UYkZ_tZ58ThN6ZDVyh_Ukq
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 03:02:27 am by cartayna »

Swordfish

« Reply #322 on: December 24, 2018, 08:38:52 am »
Just a quick question about EHAM,
do I need to change your files everytime I change the runway configuration in the FlyTampa configurator?
Hi Swordfish!
Well unfortunatelly for you, and everybody, yeap.  The runway configurator changes your afcad, thus its name, and this is the roadmap for GSX.  There is nothing I can do about it, but if you do that often, i suggest you create a .txt file in the same folder of GSX where ini files are placed, called EHAM afcads or so, and this way it will be next to your ini file. Write in it the names of the different afcads... wait.. might be easier if I just give it to you.. attached here.. if you change rway, copy paste the name of the ini and ready to go. I know that you probably know this, but is the only thing I can think of ...

cheers.

You're the best! Thanks a lot.
I wish you a great Christmas time!

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #323 on: December 24, 2018, 10:52:44 am »
Just a quick question about EHAM,
do I need to change your files everytime I change the runway configuration in the FlyTampa configurator?
Hi Swordfish!
Well unfortunatelly for you, and everybody, yeap.  The runway configurator changes your afcad, thus its name, and this is the roadmap for GSX.  There is nothing I can do about it, but if you do that often, i suggest you create a .txt file in the same folder of GSX where ini files are placed, called EHAM afcads or so, and this way it will be next to your ini file. Write in it the names of the different afcads... wait.. might be easier if I just give it to you.. attached here.. if you change rway, copy paste the name of the ini and ready to go. I know that you probably know this, but is the only thing I can think of ...

cheers.

You're the best! Thanks a lot.
I wish you a great Christmas time!
Thanks Swordfish!
Same to you and all of you that are following this thread...
Cheers!

Thomasba

« Reply #324 on: December 24, 2018, 05:29:17 pm »
Hi Javier,

Merry Christmas to you. With the latest version of the EGKK config there is no longer an exclude file, is this correct?

Having completely deleted all the UK2000 EGKK files and done a clean install as well as the libraries I now have the original jetway still visible (gate 34 specifically) as well as the two lovely Cartayna ones. I'm also missing part of the bridge from the terminal to the jetways which wasn't missing before I added the new config

Following the instructions I have put the file in appdata as requested
I've renamed "UK2000 Gatwick Xtreme" to OFF
EGKK_Jetwayplace1.bgl gets deleted automatically when 4.1 is installed but I have renamed EGKK_Main_9 and EGKK_Library_FSX to OFF
I copied the file EGKK_AFX_UK2xTRM.bgl from options and replaced the version that was already in the scenery folder.
but the file EGKK_AFX_UK2XGEN doesn't exist.

You also mention the .ini files in the scnery folder for GSX and that we should delete it. there are two in here egkk-gen-gsx.ini and egkk-trm-gsx.ini which if any of these should I be deleting?

Any help at all would be much appreciated.
best regards
Brian
Regards
Brian

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #325 on: December 24, 2018, 06:48:13 pm »
Hi Javier,

Merry Christmas to you. With the latest version of the EGKK config there is no longer an exclude file, is this correct?

Having completely deleted all the UK2000 EGKK files and done a clean install as well as the libraries I now have the original jetway still visible (gate 34 specifically) as well as the two lovely Cartayna ones. I'm also missing part of the bridge from the terminal to the jetways which wasn't missing before I added the new config

Following the instructions I have put the file in appdata as requested
I've renamed "UK2000 Gatwick Xtreme" to OFF
EGKK_Jetwayplace1.bgl gets deleted automatically when 4.1 is installed but I have renamed EGKK_Main_9 and EGKK_Library_FSX to OFF
I copied the file EGKK_AFX_UK2xTRM.bgl from options and replaced the version that was already in the scenery folder.
but the file EGKK_AFX_UK2XGEN doesn't exist.

You also mention the .ini files in the scnery folder for GSX and that we should delete it. there are two in here egkk-gen-gsx.ini and egkk-trm-gsx.ini which if any of these should I be det tleting?

Any help at all would be much appreciated.
best regards
Brian
hello Thomasba!
Delete both, any .ini that there is in your scnery. all .ini files are configurations for gsx and belong in the GSX folder in appdata>virtuali>gsx..., nothing to do with the scnery itself. Also in the GSX Folder where your .ini files are there should be only mine that starts with EGKK.
I had a user with exactly the same problem as you have now.
Did you say that you already had a EGKK_AFX_UK2xTRM.bgl file in the scenery? that means that they have done something new in the update to 4.1 or later.
So lets do this, and please let me know the outcome, since I am away from my pc till the evening of tomorrow.. This way i can correct the instructions for the rest.
Sorry, but you have to TOTALLY delete the folder with the scenery installed. Reinstall. After this, if you see there is a EGKK_AFX_UK2xTRM.bgl within the scnery folder of EGKK, do not do the part of replacing it with the one of the options. This is something new of version 4.1 aparently.
Then as you have done, the rest.  (turning off the sode EGKK, getting rid of .ini files in egkk, turning off:   EGKK_Main_9.BGL ->,OFF and EGKK_Library_FSX.bgl ->.OFF.

remember the restart couatl and rebuild airport cache, and restart it after that 2-3 times till ALL jets show up.

Let me know how it goes.

Merry Christmas
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 06:54:24 pm by cartayna »

Thomasba

« Reply #326 on: December 24, 2018, 07:30:57 pm »
OK so the EGKK_AFX_UK2xTRM.bgl that is already in the scenery folder appears to be OK and now the old jetways are now gone, but I still had the missing bridge from the terminal so I turned EGKK_Main_9.BGL back on and that made no difference so I turned that back off and turned EGKK_Library_FSX.BGL back onand hey presto the bridges are back :D.

so your instructions should be (well this is what worked for me)

FIRST: Drop the folder “VIRTUALI” that is within the “Roaming” folder here attached and drop it in the folder named ROAMING in your APPDATA folder (to find this folder, type %appdata% on your explorer).

SECOND:  When you install the scenery of EGKK, make sure you have updated to ver 4.10 or higher.  On the configurator of this scenery, choose SODE option.  After installing, go to your Sode folder
C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml and delete the file “Gatwick Xtreme.xml”. Also in the scenery folder turn .off 1 file: EGKK_Main_9.BGL ->,OFF

THIRD:  Delete or rename the "egkk-gen-gsx.ini" and "egkk-trm-gsx.ini" to off

Thanks again for all your help Javier. Have a splendid Christmas and make sure you spend more time doing stuff for you and not for us

Brian
Regards
Brian

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #327 on: December 24, 2018, 08:03:39 pm »
OK so the EGKK_AFX_UK2xTRM.bgl that is already in the scenery folder appears to be OK and now the old jetways are now gone, but I still had the missing bridge from the terminal so I turned EGKK_Main_9.BGL back on and that made no difference so I turned that back off and turned EGKK_Library_FSX.BGL back onand hey presto the bridges are back :D.

so your instructions should be (well this is what worked for me)

FIRST: Drop the folder “VIRTUALI” that is within the “Roaming” folder here attached and drop it in the folder named ROAMING in your APPDATA folder (to find this folder, type %appdata% on your explorer).

SECOND:  When you install the scenery of EGKK, make sure you have updated to ver 4.10 or higher.  On the configurator of this scenery, choose SODE option.  After installing, go to your Sode folder
C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml and delete the file “Gatwick Xtreme.xml”. Also in the scenery folder turn .off 1 file: EGKK_Main_9.BGL ->,OFF

THIRD:  Delete or rename the "egkk-gen-gsx.ini" and "egkk-trm-gsx.ini" to off

Thanks again for all your help Javier. Have a splendid Christmas and make sure you spend more time doing stuff for you and not for us

Brian

So in other words, we should now not touch the EGKK_Library_FSX.BGL!! Good to know and thanks a lot for your imput! Instructions changed!
Regarding the rest, dont worry, I am multitask! LOL

oh, yeah forgot to explain, the EGKK_Main_9.BGL ->,OFF is just to disappear the fixed noseloaders bellow the bridge to get them out of the way...

Could you be so kind if this instruction would have suited you fine? (see attach)

You too have a Merry Chrsitmas and plenty of flying!

All the best,

Javier
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 08:05:52 pm by cartayna »

Thomasba

« Reply #328 on: December 24, 2018, 08:23:37 pm »
I think that's about it. However I would add if the file “EGKK_AFX_UK2XTRM.bgl” already exists in the scenery folder then do not replace it with the one in the Options folder

THIRD: After installing, IF there is a file jn your scenery folder called: " EGKK_AFX_UK2xGEN" replace it by one in
the options folder “EGKK_AFX_UK2XTRM”. If not, leave it as it is.
Regards
Brian

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #329 on: December 24, 2018, 08:42:06 pm »
I think that's about it. However I would add if the file “EGKK_AFX_UK2XTRM.bgl” already exists in the scenery folder then do not replace it with the one in the Options folder

THIRD: After installing, IF there is a file jn your scenery folder called: " EGKK_AFX_UK2xGEN" replace it by one in
the options folder “EGKK_AFX_UK2XTRM”. If not, leave it as it is.
done deal! keeping up with the updates is going to be something! thank god there are not that many very relevant to this issue I guess.. Something that i did not had in mind when i created it! LOL..  Thanks for your cooperation, like this is going to be esasier and I can dedicate more time to create new..

Take care Brian.