Author Topic: A BUNCH OF AIRPORT CONFIGURATIONS (100+) IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL  (Read 410399 times)

cartayna

• Beta tester
Re: A BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS AIRPORTS IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL
« Reply #285 on: December 08, 2018, 11:06:13 am »
Ah thank you - Rebuilding the cache worked and I know have SODE Jetways.

Just to be clear, there is nothing that can be done to remove the other bridges (that appear like jetways)? Its so ugly having them there but not being able to use them or remove them..

Cheers,

nope, they are part of the architecture of the terminal, manipulating those .bgl files is against copyright. Look on the brightside, now you have working jetways, even double. Perfect pushbacks and dockings...

airbumps

« Reply #286 on: December 08, 2018, 03:01:11 pm »
All Good - Where are the double jetways? I Hadn't seen any at Aerosofts EGLL yet.

Great work with this project by the way - Much appreciated!

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #287 on: December 08, 2018, 04:29:07 pm »
All Good - Where are the double jetways? I Hadn't seen any at Aerosofts EGLL yet.

there are tons of them.. even triple.  if you dont see them means you have not loaded the coautl correctly.  All (99%) heavy positions have double. you don't see them? go to a heavy gate and reload till you do.

rbriscoe

« Reply #288 on: December 08, 2018, 11:29:30 pm »
Thank you for the amazing work! I would like to request Aerosoft Berlin Tegel X EDDT if able. Thank you!

airbumps

« Reply #289 on: December 08, 2018, 11:51:26 pm »

there are tons of them.. even triple.  if you dont see them means you have not loaded the coautl correctly.  All (99%) heavy positions have double. you don't see them? go to a heavy gate and reload till you do.

Thanks for your ongoing help but I'm still not seeing any double SODE jetways. I've tried both the FIXED JETWAYS REMOVED and FIXED JETWAYS ON excludes (what is the difference)? I've regenerated the CACHE 8-10 times each time the sim loads but I only ever see single SODE jetways as per the picture below. The hard baked Aerosoft jetways (I think you called them bridges) are still there but can't be controlled. GSX is definitely reading your .INI because it produces single jetways. I don't see any instances of doubles (or triples) that are ACTIVE.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 11:53:28 pm by airbumps »

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #290 on: December 09, 2018, 12:26:53 am »

there are tons of them.. even triple.  if you dont see them means you have not loaded the coautl correctly.  All (99%) heavy positions have double. you don't see them? go to a heavy gate and reload till you do.

Thanks for your ongoing help but I'm still not seeing any double SODE jetways. I've tried both the FIXED JETWAYS REMOVED and FIXED JETWAYS ON excludes (what is the difference)? I've regenerated the CACHE 8-10 times each time the sim loads but I only ever see single SODE jetways as per the picture below. The hard baked Aerosoft jetways (I think you called them bridges) are still there but can't be controlled. GSX is definitely reading your .INI because it produces single jetways. I don't see any instances of doubles (or triples) that are ACTIVE.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

you have not done anything wrong, aparently one read file got misplaced, i have placed it back into the folder. is an "important read me" file that said:
If you are interested in having the scenery with no fixed jetways, which the exclusions cant get rid of, is as simple as to remove (backup if you wish) the file called "EGLL_LIB-Jetways.bgl" from the EGLL scenery folder. Then choose my option "FIXED JETWAYS REMOVED".
Do this, and then use the folder that suits your runway configuration... I am beginning to understand now why did you not like the configuration. with this done and applying the configuration, you will see only gsx2 jetways and will all fall into place.
let me know how it goes, and apologies for your troubles.

Cheers.

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #291 on: December 09, 2018, 12:31:29 am »
Thank you for the amazing work! I would like to request Aerosoft Berlin Tegel X EDDT if able. Thank you!
hello!
I started doing it, but stopped after seeing that gsx level 2 messed it more than it helped, those perfect sode retro orange jetways were unbeatable.
maybe in the future with more textures and liveries we can do something better than the scenerie has to offer, as of today, is as good as i can imagine.
sorry mate.

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #292 on: December 09, 2018, 12:35:00 am »
Thanks for your work again!

Request Aerosoft EDDS.
It is an ugly old FS9 port-over, but it is the only EDDS we have.
Maybe you could consider it once, you have time for.
Many thanks
hello Guenseli!
Yeap, i started it and got depressed to see the result and threw it in the garbage.. that scenery does not need a gsx2 job, it needs a mircacle! i will send you via msg what i had before giving up. no pushbacks or any v3 configurations.. just the basics.
Cheers

rbriscoe

« Reply #293 on: December 09, 2018, 02:06:03 am »
hello!
I started doing it, but stopped after seeing that gsx level 2 messed it more than it helped, those perfect sode retro orange jetways were unbeatable.
maybe in the future with more textures and liveries we can do something better than the scenerie has to offer, as of today, is as good as i can imagine.
sorry mate.
Totally understand. Great work, keep it up!

airbumps

« Reply #294 on: December 09, 2018, 06:37:34 am »
Hi Cartayna,

Thanks for your continued help. By turning off the EGLL_LIB-Jetways file I've completly removed the default jetways - so thats good.

Unfortunately, there are no gates with 2 (or 3) SODE jetways using any of your .INI files. Reading your .INI files it appears that each identified gate only has "usejetways = 1" for each profile, not 2 or 3. I've manually edited gate 238 to add a second jetway and that worked fine.

I've attached a photo indicating that using your INI there are only single jetways at EGLL.

Again, if I'm doing something wrong please let me know, but as I say reading your .INI files each gate only appears to have a single SODE jetway defined?

Cheers,

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #295 on: December 09, 2018, 09:34:55 am »
Hi Cartayna,

Thanks for your continued help. By turning off the EGLL_LIB-Jetways file I've completly removed the default jetways - so thats good.

Unfortunately, there are no gates with 2 (or 3) SODE jetways using any of your .INI files. Reading your .INI files it appears that each identified gate only has "usejetways = 1" for each profile, not 2 or 3. I've manually edited gate 238 to add a second jetway and that worked fine.

I've attached a photo indicating that using your INI there are only single jetways at EGLL.

Again, if I'm doing something wrong please let me know, but as I say reading your .INI files each gate only appears to have a single SODE jetway defined?

Cheers,

I have no clue what must have happened with this folders of EGLL, maybe my brains got fried of so many options, and I have noticed that in creating so many folders for you guys to have options, i forgot the most important part, to update the .ini file with all the double jetways after removing the fixed!!! LOL well thank god you reported this.. After all it only took me close to 40 hours to do it..
I have simplified the structure of files, now the option "with fixed jetways" has been taken off, since i doubt no one wants it.  I have tested all, they seem ok.
Here is a note on something important: Triple jetways need to have one that is over the wing model, otherwise you can only use 2 on a 747.... that is because the rest crash on the wing if they go over it. Some of you dont like this model, but there is no sense in having 3 jets if you cant use them.. Having said this, if you cant stand it, just change the model on this particular jetway... it takes a second.
They are the future and in the US are begining to be placed in many airports because they cut the boarding time in half.  I have read somewhere that EHAM has ordered them already..
Thanks for this valuable info, and I am really surprised no one noticed it! hahahaha.
Cheers mate!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 09:41:58 am by cartayna »

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #296 on: December 09, 2018, 11:14:17 am »
I downloaded the KSFO files and followed the instructions exactly!!  IT DOES NOT WORK.  Can you help me??? THank you
Well, unless you give me some sort of clue as what does not work with you, there is very little I can do. Sponsored files such as KSFO are tested from scratch to test the instructions.

What jetway option do you have in the scenery configurator of FlightBeam Studios? What do you have on the scenery (jetways) after following to the letter the instructions?

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #297 on: December 09, 2018, 12:06:46 pm »
I figured it out. Your instructions only mentioned to "Backup" the folder and the xml file. It never mentioned that they needed to be deleted??  I had to second guess that one. Also you did not specify what ini file and where it was located in case there was a 2nd one. Please be specific.  you drove me crazy!! lol
and why would i want you to backup a file of a scenery that you are not removing?
ok, will be more specific.. though is the first to find a problem with this instruction.
I have spent a lot of time making tutorials and there is one specific on how to do this whole .ini file.. The link comes in the instructions that you so carefully read! ;)
Those instructions are good for sharing files with users, or in this case, importing them from other users.  I understand this is your first time doing this, and for this was specifically done the tutorial.
Enjoy it.

marknie

« Reply #298 on: December 11, 2018, 05:44:35 am »
You still should have mentioned the delete, then the reason for the delete, the backup.  Dont ever assume anything with your reading audience!!  Its very important. Be clear ans concise about your directions especially if your a developer. That is a gigantic deficit in the FS Community. Not to mention arrogance and the unwillingness to admit ANY MISTAKES.
Capn Mark Niebauer

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #299 on: December 11, 2018, 09:06:36 am »
You still should have mentioned the delete, then the reason for the delete, the backup.  Dont ever assume anything with your reading audience!!  Its very important. Be clear ans concise about your directions especially if your a developer. That is a gigantic deficit in the FS Community. Not to mention arrogance and the unwillingness to admit ANY MISTAKES.
chill man, chill.. i am no developer by the way, just a user sharing his time for free, and you as a user should also read the instructions where it mentions to watch a tutorial that i also made for you for free..  you decided not to go to the tutorial where it explains in detail (22 mins of detailed and concise instructions - 310 minutes of free tutorials made for this addon on that youtube page)... Maybe you should start recognizing that you made a mistake in not seeing first the 22m detailed and concise tutorial, which is a part of the instructions it self.. The word deleting was missing in the written instructions? Well maybe if you would have seen the video tutoarial, you would have seen on minute 8:15 to delete - backup if your wish... You did not see it correct? Go to the written instructions where it mentions to see my tutorial.  Not enough for you from this free download page?
Ok, here it is, my sincere apologies if it was not clear enough. The instructions have been modified with the word "remove" in them.
Have a good day, it seems to me like you need it.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 10:11:18 am by cartayna »