Author Topic: A BUNCH OF AIRPORT CONFIGURATIONS (100+) IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL  (Read 410365 times)

disco79stu

Re: A BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS AIRPORTS IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL
« Reply #240 on: November 25, 2018, 12:12:47 am »
Did you kick out EDDT?
yeap, i decided to not do that, it doesn't make sense to redo a scenery as perfect as that one.. if you want it (it only had 4 parkings are done) i can pass it to you,  I also removed others that are going to full v3 reconfiguration this week, such as EHAM, is almost ready with all jetways including the fixed done.

Allright, thanks. I'll keep it default then.

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #241 on: November 25, 2018, 07:50:38 pm »
**********************  UPDATE OF LOWW TO V3-NF   *********************
Hello guys,

Since too many of you have requested a more "realistic" and without over the wing jetways, I have added this configuration to the folder of LOWW and also set the instructions on how to remove the few fixed jetways that were in the scenery.

Cheers,
Javier Iturralde Lind
"Cartayna"

DOWNLOAD LINK FOR THE BUNDLE CONFIGURATIONS: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bdkjqee8x1w57lm/AAAl4p_7jyl6jBmHnH1gumjRa?dl=0

TUTORIAL IN DETAIL FOR GSX2:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_jo_TDZG12UYkZ_tZ58ThN6ZDVyh_Ukq

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #242 on: November 26, 2018, 01:02:18 am »
**********************  UPDATE ON EGKK   *********************
Hello guys,

An error was reported on pushbacks on gates 4 and 5 on EGKK, please redownload the ini file and overwrite the one you had... Thanks frig2 for reporting it.

Cheers,
Javier Iturralde Lind
"Cartayna"

DOWNLOAD LINK FOR THE BUNDLE CONFIGURATIONS: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bdkjqee8x1w57lm/AAAl4p_7jyl6jBmHnH1gumjRa?dl=0

TUTORIAL IN DETAIL FOR GSX2:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_jo_TDZG12UYkZ_tZ58ThN6ZDVyh_Ukq

[/quote]

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #243 on: November 26, 2018, 09:35:27 am »
Hi I am getting an Error in Gatwick. I have removed 90% of the jetways through the GSX addon, then removed the Jetway file in UK 2000 Gatwicks scenery folder. I put the ini file inside the GSX folder and delete the old egkkk.ini file, then i load up to gatwick. It says GSX has to restart because of an error...
Here is the error:

guys, remember that EGKK or any other scenery must have not SODE files installed from the default scenery
Cheers

Thomasba

« Reply #244 on: November 26, 2018, 12:17:32 pm »
Hi Javier,
Excellent work you've done here!

However I think i'm being a little bit thick  :-[ as I cannot get EGKK to work the same as yours.

I am using the same aircraft as per your video PMDG 747v3-400 (G-CIVI). UK2000 EGKK 4.2. and obviously GSXv2 I have re downloaded both egkk and GSX and re-installed them to make sure this was not the problem. I have also made sure SODE jetways are disabled in the EGKK installer

on initial start up Parked at gate 34 i see two new jetways plus the one default

if I then restart Coualt and refresh airport cache I now only see 1 new jetway plus the one default.

I have copied the contents of your fixed jetways folder to the correct locations and made sure that there is only one in file in the GSX folder. The control panel also shows the exclude is done.

What step have I missed or not done?

Any help would be appreciated

Regards
Brian
Regards
Brian

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #245 on: November 26, 2018, 12:24:43 pm »
Hi Javier,
Excellent work you've done here!

However I think i'm being a little bit thick  :-[ as I cannot get EGKK to work the same as yours.

I am using the same aircraft as per your video PMDG 747v3-400 (G-CIVI). UK2000 EGKK 4.2. and obviously GSXv2 I have re downloaded both egkk and GSX and re-installed them to make sure this was not the problem. I have also made sure SODE jetways are disabled in the EGKK installer

on initial start up Parked at gate 34 i see two new jetways plus the one default

if I then restart Coualt and refresh airport cache I now only see 1 new jetway plus the one default.

I have copied the contents of your fixed jetways folder to the correct locations and made sure that there is only one in file in the GSX folder. The control panel also shows the exclude is done.

What step have I missed or not done?

Any help would be appreciated

Regards
Brian
yes, indeed you have missed one step of the instructions, check step 3 of the pdf that comes with the scenery.. you have left it undone.. is easy, just tells you to remove, backup or whatever you wish to do with a file of uk2000 egkk.. that removes the fixed jetways... "Egkk_libjetways.bgl"

Thomasba

« Reply #246 on: November 26, 2018, 12:52:25 pm »
Thanks Javier,

that sort of fixed it as you can see on initial start everything looks OK but then when I run Couatl airport cache the second jetway disappears and I have broken jetways. the GSX configuration shows two jetways but I think one appears corrupt.
Regards
Brian

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #247 on: November 26, 2018, 01:01:45 pm »
Thanks Javier,

that sort of fixed it as you can see on initial start everything looks OK but then when I run Couatl airport cache the second jetway disappears and I have broken jetways. the GSX configuration shows two jetways but I think one appears corrupt.
hello,

That is fault of the coautl engine. is very very old.  But dont worry, the first time you install the scenery, you might have to restart the coautl and rebuild the airport cache several times, untill they all show up there.. once you get it right, the next time you use that scenery you wont have the same problem... There was a way around this glitch, but now i cant remember, maybe Umberto from FSDT can remind us how to fix this annoying error of gsx.  Yesterday I had to restart the coutl and rebuild airport cache 7 times to get it right!

Thomasba

« Reply #248 on: November 26, 2018, 01:13:31 pm »
Thanks Javier,

hello,

That is fault of the coautl engine. is very very old.  But dont worry, the first time you install the scenery, you might have to restart the coautl and rebuild the airport cache several times, untill they all show up there.. once you get it right, the next time you use that scenery you wont have the same problem... There was a way around this glitch, but now i cant remember, maybe Umberto from FSDT can remind us how to fix this annoying error of gsx.  Yesterday I had to restart the coutl and rebuild airport cache 7 times to get it right!

Ok understood. I've now got it to match yours as you said by multiple restarts of the cache. My initial problem was me not knowing the difference between fixed and non fixed jetways  :-[ so thanks for pointing me in the right direction and agin excellent work and thanks for all you do
Regards
Brian

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #249 on: November 26, 2018, 04:42:47 pm »
I've now got it to match yours as you said by multiple restarts of the cache.

A single cache rebuild should be more than enough, and it's required when the scenery uses some kind of configuration utility that switches between different AFCAD by renaming the .BGL.

GSX doesn't monitor each and every file in the simulator for changes, it only checks if the scenery folder last modifcation date changes, this way the cache rebuild will be much faster but, depending where the scenery is installed, a rename performed by an external scenery configuration utility won't result in file folder last modification date to be changed, that's why GSX has the option to manually rebuild the airport cache.

Thomasba

« Reply #250 on: November 26, 2018, 04:49:57 pm »

A single cache rebuild should be more than enough, and it's required when the scenery uses some kind of configuration utility that switches between different AFCAD by renaming the .BGL.

I think I understand. However both Javier and I had to restart the cache several times in order to get the jetways to display correctly. I'm fairly sure it must be me that has or hasn't done something correctly but I can't figure out what
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 05:35:33 pm by Thomasba »
Regards
Brian

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #251 on: November 26, 2018, 07:36:04 pm »

I think I understand. However both Javier and I had to restart the cache several times in order to get the jetways to display correctly. I'm fairly sure it must be me that has or hasn't done something correctly but I can't figure out what
yes to me it happens when i am working with a very big configuration.. but the truth is, once i stop editing and messing aroung with the configuration, once is stable and fully loaded, it remains that way. is odd.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 09:14:37 pm by cartayna »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #252 on: November 27, 2018, 12:35:18 pm »
yes to me it happens when i am working with a very big configuration.. but the truth is, once i stop editing and messing aroung with the configuration, once is stable and fully loaded, it remains that way. is odd.

The only possible reason I could explain this, is that you might simply have to wait a bit for all jetways to be recreated again, before touching the editor so, depending on your system speed (and antivirus can play a big part in this, and your fps as well), the time to reload a configuration might be longer than usual.

Also, the cache regeneration process is a *multithreaded* process, which runs in the background. If it wasn't, your simulator would be brought to an halt during the cache regeneration. But it also means that something unusual you do while the cache is being rebuilt, might result in problems.

For example, Javier  just told me he used the "Go To" airport menu to jump to a different airport while he was editing one, with the scenery customization page still open. This is an example of something "unusual", that I never thought someone would try... but yes, we'll try to detect this situation as well and prevent it.

In general, there are just countless of things you shouldn't probably do while editing a scenery, like switching the airplane with the scenery customization page open, disable/enable a scenery in the Scenery Library while you are editing it, restarting Couatl with the scenery customization open, slewing away from a scenery with the scenery customization page open, using external utilities to change the airplane position while editing, moving the joystick while editing, using 3rd party utilities that do strange things with your positions while editing, entering/exiting Avatar mode while editing, and the list go on and on, we simply cannot possibly anticipate any possible thing you might want to try while editing a scenery.

Basically, don't do anything other than using the allowed editor keys while editing, and you can be sure everything will work as expected. Is not that we don't use the editor ourselves and, when we do a customization for an FSDT scenery, we use the same editor everybody uses for several hours straight, with *countless* of Couatl restarts and, of course, it never fails, and when it does, we immediately fix the problem and push the update, because we made the editor even for our own use.

If you find that you must do something that looks convoluted to you, and you need it for editing, then please describe why you are doing it, and we might improve the editor to allow you to achieve that goal without requiring to do whatever strange thing you do which might cause problems to the editor in the first place.

Thomasba

« Reply #253 on: November 27, 2018, 12:46:19 pm »

The only possible reason I could explain this, is that you might simply have to wait a bit for all jetways to be recreated again, before touching the editor so, depending on your system speed (and antivirus can play a big part in this, and your fps as well), the time to reload a configuration might be longer than usual.

Understood, however if I run P3dv4.3 load the pmdg 747-400 at Uk2000 EGKK gate 34 I see the correct Jetways. I get the message to say "Airport Cache completed in xx seconds" (usually between 2 to 5 seconds). If I then request another refresh of the airport cache without doing any editing or anything else including all of the things you listed, the jetways and safedock will all disappear as expected but then after a few seconds they come back with only one the one jetway per gate (all have the gap in them as per my earlier pic) and I have the message to say "Airport Cache completed in xx seconds" (again usually between 2 to 5 seconds).
Regards
Brian

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #254 on: November 27, 2018, 12:58:56 pm »
I get the message to say "Airport Cache completed in xx seconds" (usually between 2 to 5 seconds). If I then request another refresh of the airport cache without doing any editing or anything else including all of the things you listed, the jetways and safedock will all disappear as expected but then after a few seconds they come back with only one the one jetway per gate (all have the gap in them as per my earlier pic) and I have the message to say "Airport Cache completed in xx seconds" (again usually between 2 to 5 seconds).

That's an example of unusual usage of the program. There's only ONE case when you "need" a Restart and rebuild the airport cache, and it's this situation:

- You exit from the sim, change something in the Scenery Library, or rename a .BGL, or used an external utility that renamed/switched .BGL and you find that, one the next start of the sim, you don't have the "Cache regeneration xxx" message from GSX, which is SUPPOSED to come out automatically, when something in the Scenery Library has changed.

This is the ONLY time you'll ever need to do a "Restart and rebuild the airport cache" option, and you do it only once. Only when you realize GSX couldn't detect the change automatically. There are no other reasons to do it, and surely never twice in a row.

Instead, a normal "Restart Couatl", without a cache rebuild, is the only thing you are normally supposed to do in a session, if ever.