Author Topic: A BUNCH OF AIRPORT CONFIGURATIONS (100+) IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL  (Read 415053 times)

cartayna

• Beta tester
Re: A BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS AIRPORTS IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL
« Reply #225 on: November 21, 2018, 06:22:22 pm »
**********************  HAPPY BLACK FRIDAY AT CARTAYNA FILES  *********************
Hello guys, and happy Black Friday!

Today, being this date, I am bringing you 2 new liveries instead of 1, and 6 upgrades to v3, of which one of them I am sure you are gonna love... but I leave this for last... So here are the news:

First I purchased for this day in SimMarket.com EDDH-Hamburg by JustSim which i think it has resulted in a preaty neat configuration... but I leave that for you to judge.  

Second on the new scenery news, this weeks again, www.SimFlight.de & www.SimMarket.com sponsored one scenery that I am sure is going to have many of you very veyr happy: EGKK - Gatwick from UK2000, COMPLETELY
configured (yeap, no fixed jetways!!) using the best AFCAD that there is... don't you worry, every thing is explained in detail in the instructions that the sponsored configuration always comes with!

And what is this "NF" attached to a V3? ...Since I am not ready for a v4,  first, all configurations must be finished in v3... I am exploring meny petitions of users such as giving different versions of same configurations and this is something that i have to really think about.  So "NF" means that fixed jetways that can not be excluded, can be removed and my configuration NF, has all jetways including those that are fixed.  Also in the pack you will find the easy instruction on how to do that, without breaching the copyright, which is something I would never dear to do. I respect the work of this great developers that are giving us so much with their amazing work... But indeed I have found that some of them can be fixed (or should say unfixed), with out the need of illegally sharing bgl files.... So today I bring you, a version for this "unfix" scenery... yeap, EGLL Heathrow V3-NF. You can finally enjoy the scenery with more double jetways in our world... I hope you enjoy it!

Also some of you have asked me.. hey, what about our UK2000 EGLL? Weeel here is another news, Gary from UK2000 has decided to joining this project by donating all his most important sceneries of UK, so I can bring them to
you in V3!! yeap, i will go again into Heathrow and is over 200 parkings till it works as good as SimWings!  It is going to take a lot of work, but UK2000 deserves it, every 2 weeks, in addition to the weekly sponsored
scenery of Simflight.de & SimMarket.com, I will bring you: Birmingham, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Heathrow, & Manchester.. And guess what? here is the scoop: UK2000 is working for a soon to be released of his major sceneries to contain
SODE jetways, thus our configurations will be easy to install and no tricks to remove jetways will be necessary in the very near future!  Thanks GARY!

To end this, the other 5 upgrades that add to EGLL-V3-NF are: EDDM-Taxi2Gate, ELLX-JutSim, LEAS-RFSB, LEMG-SimWings, LJLJ-RFSB...

As usual, if you find any error on my behalf, i beg you to send me a message privately so I can solve it for you and if we see at the end that is an error of the configuration, i would notify the rest..

Have a great weekend, and see you next Friday!

Javier Iturralde Lind
"Cartayna"

DOWNLOAD LINK FOR THE BUNDLE CONFIGURATIONS: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bdkjqee8x1w57lm/AAAl4p_7jyl6jBmHnH1gumjRa?dl=0

TUTORIAL IN DETAIL FOR GSX2:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_jo_TDZG12UYkZ_tZ58ThN6ZDVyh_Ukq
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 03:00:07 am by cartayna »

Guenseli

« Reply #226 on: November 23, 2018, 06:15:41 am »
These are great news!
Many thanks for your hard work again!

Diuhh

« Reply #227 on: November 23, 2018, 02:25:42 pm »
Wish that FSDT would create an Operation Center where these files can be shared, downloaded and installed automativcally similar to Chaseplane

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #228 on: November 23, 2018, 02:33:31 pm »
Wish that FSDT would create an Operation Center where these files can be shared, downloaded and installed automativcally similar to Chaseplane
Well I read an article on FSElite where Umberto says they are working on something like that... but there is a limitation though...  The sceneries where you have to "touch" (turn off a specific file that does not allow you to get rid of fixed jets, such as EGLL, EGKK, and so many others) is not done by any operation center, since is manipulating the files of a scenery, .. thus those sceneries would not work with gsx configuration files.  There will always be some kind of "hand made" process untill the developers of all sceneries get rid of all their fixed jetways.

The same goes for the sceneries with SODE jetways on them, if the installer of the scenery does not give you the option to not install his SODE, you will always have to do some part of this process by hand.

I am sure with time all worthwile scneries will have both of this issues solved with their installers, new sceneries coming out they do.. and for those a control panel will work, just give it a little time. Till then, this is what we have.  If you get familiarize with the process of installing mine, it really only takes a few seconds to do it.

cheeers

f.skywalker

« Reply #229 on: November 23, 2018, 05:41:38 pm »
Hallo Cartayna,

please help me.
All your Airports are working good.
Today i buy Madrid.

I get no jetways in LEMD
I delete the sode XML and the SimObjects.
Copy you files andd change the path of the Afcad in your gsx.ini file.

When i go to the airport i have no jetways.
When i go to GSX Customation there is no GSX.ini File to see.

Scenery customization available is nothing in the Box

Frank
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 06:04:53 pm by f.skywalker »

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #230 on: November 23, 2018, 06:17:06 pm »
Hallo Cartayna,

please help me.
All your Airports are working good.
Today i buy Madrid.

I get no jetways in LEMD
I delete the sode XML and the SimObjects.
Copy you files andd change the path of the Afcad in your gsx.ini file.

When i go to the airport i have no jetways.
When i go to GSX Customation there is no GSX.ini File to see.

Scenery customization available is nothing in the Box

Frank

it looks like you have a problem in the AFCAD file you have selected.
I'll contact you by email

f.skywalker

« Reply #231 on: November 23, 2018, 06:37:42 pm »
Thanks,

i found the problem. The path from the afcad had a wrong type in it.
Frank

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #232 on: November 23, 2018, 06:39:24 pm »
Thanks,

i found the problem. The path from the afcad had a wrong type in it.
Frank
yes, that is what i meant. The path is totally irrelevant, but not the Afcad name.  As a matter of fact I am going to remove the path of all sceneries, is not needed and people get confused.
glad to hear is working

compumark

« Reply #233 on: November 24, 2018, 07:58:22 pm »
Hi,

the Vienna was not working for me. After searching the ini files I noticed that the loww-cartayna-v3.ini had the following AFCAD in there: LOWW_ADEP4_FLYTAMPA.bgl
But on my PC this was used by GSX: LOWW_DEICE_ADEP4_FLYTAMPA.bgl
Maybe something to do with the actual month, that FlyTampa is switching the bgl files.
After changing the ini file, the GSX config was picked up and was working.

And I just realized that the docking system is wrong. But when I want to change it in the editor the position is to high, so it floats in the air. I can change in the editor left, right, forward backward, and the rotation but not the height. Has anyone a solution for that?

best regards,
Markus
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 08:18:34 pm by compumark »

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #234 on: November 24, 2018, 09:27:46 pm »
Hi,

the Vienna was not working for me. After searching the ini files I noticed that the loww-cartayna-v3.ini had the following AFCAD in there: LOWW_ADEP4_FLYTAMPA.bgl
But on my PC this was used by GSX: LOWW_DEICE_ADEP4_FLYTAMPA.bgl
Maybe something to do with the actual month, that FlyTampa is switching the bgl files.
After changing the ini file, the GSX config was picked up and was working.

And I just realized that the docking system is wrong. But when I want to change it in the editor the position is to high, so it floats in the air. I can change in the editor left, right, forward backward, and the rotation but not the height. Has anyone a solution for that?

best regards,
Markus
Hello Markus,
Yes as explained in the video tutorial and the installations instructions you must always check that the afcad you are using matches the one on the ini file. is part of the installation.  Many sceneries such as EGLL, EKCH, LEMD, EGKK, etc etc have differente afcads depending runway configurations for example, which is the most common. As of today GSX does not have a way of detecting an Afcad file, which is someting that they should have ASAP.
To increase or decrase height in the docking devices use Z or Q as stated in the pdf file that shows on your configurator. Please, if you are so kind, can you report me via message, which docks are wrong so I can correct them for the rest of the users?
Thanks
Javier Iturralde
Cartayna Files
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 12:13:49 am by cartayna »

MatzeH84

« Reply #235 on: November 24, 2018, 10:55:45 pm »
Be advised.. Justsim uses SODE to position several objects on the airport, so killing it in order to get GSXv2 running will also kill the whole runway lighting for example.

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #236 on: November 24, 2018, 11:04:54 pm »
Be advised.. Justsim uses SODE to position several objects on the airport, so killing it in order to get GSXv2 running will also kill the whole runway lighting for example.
I never ever, in no scenery instructions ask you to remove ALL the SODE, just the sode part that has to do with the jetways. On every folder of sceneries you find, if there is a SODE scenery in play, a detailed instructions on which file to set appart, remove or what ever you choose to do... When there are other SODE parts, they always come in a different .xml instructions and parts...

I pass you what i do in my sceneries and would never want those effects off.. so dont worry, read the sode instructions and you are set to go.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 11:16:23 pm by cartayna »

MatzeH84

« Reply #237 on: November 24, 2018, 11:41:24 pm »
Allright, I'll check that. Reinstalling the sceneryand then once more. Thanks for your effort, really enjoying it.. even if the glass jetways are not the most realistic choice they sure look nice.

disco79stu

« Reply #238 on: November 24, 2018, 11:50:26 pm »
Did you kick out EDDT?

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #239 on: November 25, 2018, 12:09:49 am »
Did you kick out EDDT?
yeap, i decided to not do that, it doesn't make sense to redo a scenery as perfect as that one.. if you want it (it only had 4 parkings are done) i can pass it to you,  I also removed others that are going to full v3 reconfiguration this week, such as EHAM, is almost ready with all jetways including the fixed done.