Author Topic: A BUNCH OF AIRPORT CONFIGURATIONS (100+) IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL  (Read 410553 times)

cartayna

• Beta tester
Re: A BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS AIRPORTS IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL
« Reply #180 on: November 07, 2018, 09:00:54 pm »
Ok grazie mille a te... starò connesso al tuo canale .... I do not know if you know Italian ... anyway when you add something new, the link of tuttk on the first page is updated ?. next time I'll try to restart.
Sì, amico mio. Ho intenzione di provare a mettere un po 'di ordine in questo blog. Pubblicherò ciò che è importante il venerdì e cercherò di non dimenticare mai di mettere quel link nella prima pagina.   
Yes, my friend. I'm going to try to put some order in this blog. I will publish what is important on Fridays and I will try to never forget to put that link on the first page, as I have done up until now.
Ciao!

tosco92

« Reply #181 on: November 08, 2018, 08:20:42 pm »
Ciao Cartayna, how are you?
why have you put your files (example LIRF.cartina) in the gsx folder, now I see that it is always named LIRN but aimed without your nomenclature?

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #182 on: November 08, 2018, 09:10:38 pm »
why have you put your files (example LIRF.cartina) in the gsx folder, now I see that it is always named LIRN but aimed without your nomenclature?
Dont understand. feel free to ask me in italian and by email message.

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #183 on: November 09, 2018, 11:39:37 am »
Hello guys, Tosco92 had a question regarding the problem of his sim recreating an .ini file with a different name other than -cartayna.ini on the appdata GSX folder, thus having again 2 .ini files for a scenery. We covered this on the tutorial on sharing files, but maybe I did not a good enough job, so here is how sharing files should be done (regarding the .ini file).

Ok, here is the thing:

1. EXIT THE SIM.

2. YOU HAVE TO MAKE SURE that the AFCAD file in my GSX .ini file is the ONLY one you have in your scenery folder. Using the example of LOWW (in my scenery configuration). You can find this AFCAD name in my file in the second line of the .ini file. In the case of LOWW, the AFCAD file my .ini file uses is: LOWW_ADEP4_FLYTAMPA.bgl.

So go to your scenery folder of LOWW and find out if that is your AFCAD file. If it is not, replace the name of my AFX file with yours, and save it.

3. Look in the GSX folder of Appdata\Roaming\Virtuali\GSX that there is ONLY my LIRN file and no other.

4.Enter the sim, go to Addon menu on the sim and reload the coautl  AND rebuild the airport cache. This will guarantee that GSX will now use my .ini file and will not create another one.

Cheers
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 11:42:58 am by cartayna »

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #184 on: November 09, 2018, 05:33:00 pm »
Hello guys!

What is v3 of my configuration files?
 1. Jetways are placed on the corresponding position using mostly glass.
 2. Double jetways are now available, using the "outer" and "innner" name to diferentiate them when operating. Being Inner the closer to the terminal.
 3. Vehicles placed out of the conflict area.
 4. Stop position matched to the Parking position (this very last one has to be respected since is the one that cant be altered and is given by the Afcad)
 5. Dockings are replaced if they display any wrong position when aircraft placed in the Parking position, thus making them ok for both parking and stop position as in real life.
 6. Parkings are also configurated in all 3-5 points of this list.
 7. Pushbacks are fully configurated to give you the best options available using the real life ATC instructions, e.g. Facing West.  Also will keep for the rookie pilots the (NR) or (NL) - Nose right or left on the instructions.  Also long pushbacks are configurated, when needed.

V4: is the same as V3 but having 2 configurations to choose from, one in my liking and the other following as close as our liveries allow us to what you would find in real life in that airport. The other thing that is required for a configuration to be v4 is that the scenery should come with a perfect afcad for GSX and if not, one is supplied (of course with authors permission). Also, with V4 you can have the scenery default SODE jetways and my gsx2 configuration running at same time to enjoy all the benefits from a Cartayna configuration except my jetways.

Safe flights!

Cartayna.

Thousands of pushbacks configurations have been added betwen all this sceneries,
so is not impossible that you can find an error on one of them. Please report it to me by message or emai in this forum

© 2018 All files are protected by Copyright
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 02:59:10 am by cartayna »

Guenseli

« Reply #185 on: November 09, 2018, 06:23:02 pm »
Many, many thanks for your hard work!!!

That makes GSX lvl2 really lvl2.5  ;D

MatzeH84

« Reply #186 on: November 11, 2018, 03:18:14 pm »
Many thanks indeed! Tried EDDM so far, which worked perfecty. Had problems with LOWW and EKCH so far, but figured out that the AFCAD path was incorrect.
Since yesterday the download doesn't work for me, the pages just keep loading forever..  ???

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #187 on: November 11, 2018, 04:44:34 pm »
Many thanks indeed! Tried EDDM so far, which worked perfecty. Had problems with LOWW and EKCH so far, but figured out that the AFCAD path was incorrect.
Since yesterday the download doesn't work for me, the pages just keep loading forever..  ???
hello, trust me when i tell you that there is nothing wrong with the dropbox link. tried it, and it has over 9000 downloads on it. I cant offer anything better than dropbox. try with another pc or check your antivirus.

EKCH V3 is comming next friday with EDDF, EDDK, etc.

MatzeH84

« Reply #188 on: November 12, 2018, 12:16:24 am »
Sure, until yesterday it worked perfectly.
Tried Edge instead of Firefox, then it worked.. strange.

Gate 552 at EGKK still have the old jetways plus the new ones.. any other gate looks fine there.
Looking forward to v3!

ashun

« Reply #189 on: November 12, 2018, 10:28:37 am »
EGLL is it aerosoft EGLL? Will this configuration work with FSX or is it only for P3D?

Thanks

f.skywalker

« Reply #190 on: November 13, 2018, 01:13:58 pm »
Hallo cartayna

have you changed the Jetways from LOWW V2 to V3.

I mean the tall jetways that looked very futuristic.
Because I changed it. Do not want to change again with V3.

Frank

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #191 on: November 13, 2018, 01:40:54 pm »
Hallo cartayna

have you changed the Jetways from LOWW V2 to V3.

I mean the tall jetways that looked very futuristic.
Because I changed it. Do not want to change again with V3.

Frank

Do you mean the 4 over the wings jetways? I have left those in my files. Futuristic? hahahaha naaa they are being used now in a lot of airports. they are quite real. Cant do many combinations for each scenery i am afraid..it will have 1000 possible files.
I do recommend you to use v3, and just flip the type of jetway for thos 5 parkings (you can do them togehter in multiple selection on the left), it takes a minute.
I recommend it for 2 reasons.
  a. i am not making a v4 in the near future, this is as good as it gets.
  b. there is major changes in v3 regarding the pushbacks. they are perfect and good with the last update of FSDT.

Cheers Luke, may the force be with you.

f.skywalker

« Reply #192 on: November 13, 2018, 01:52:38 pm »
Thanks  for your good work.

it is a lot off work. I know.
Please tell me the namem of the jetway that you have in your configuration. Then i can Change it in one minute

Sorry about my bad englisch writing

the force will be with you  :D

Frank from EDDM
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 01:59:41 pm by f.skywalker »

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #193 on: November 13, 2018, 02:13:57 pm »
Thanks  for your good work.

it is a lot off work. I know.
Please tell me the namem of the jetway that you have in your configuration. Then i can Change it in one minute

Sorry about my bad englisch writing

the force will be with you  :D

Frank from EDDM
If you are talking about those tall jetways are called OVER THE WING. they service doors behind the wings with out damaging them, as to increase speed in boarding. is quite the future and is being implemented as we speak, all over the world.... https://www.denverpost.com/2006/09/07/united-debuts-new-jet-bridge/
cheers!!!

f.skywalker

« Reply #194 on: November 13, 2018, 02:44:56 pm »
Thanks for the Information.

I do not want to use these.
which should I use in loww then. ( Name from alternativ Jetway in GSX L2)

Frank