Author Topic: A BUNCH OF AIRPORT CONFIGURATIONS (100+) IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL  (Read 410350 times)

cartayna

• Beta tester
Re: A BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS AIRPORTS IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL
« Reply #165 on: November 06, 2018, 09:40:05 pm »
so with the update the last of gsx does not work your jobs?
not in many of my sceneries. is full of errors, and is not because of my configs. is GSX bigtime. Pushbacks disapearing, gates not on gsx menu but yes on the gsx configuration menu.. crashes of the coautl all over the place. even on sceneries that had no configurations of mine or nobodies... totally crazy. I have a bunch of upgrades of configs ready but I am not releasing anything till they fix it.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 09:46:07 pm by cartayna »

tosco92

« Reply #166 on: November 06, 2018, 11:54:50 pm »
not in many of my sceneries. is full of errors, and is not because of my configs. is GSX bigtime. Pushbacks disapearing, gates not on gsx menu but yes on the gsx configuration menu.. crashes of the coautl all over the place. even on sceneries that had no configurations of mine or nobodies... totally crazy. I have a bunch of upgrades of configs ready but I am not releasing anything till they fix it.

keep up to date! I still had not done updating to gsx and for now I'm just as I am doing well. what updates brought the new offending update?

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #167 on: November 06, 2018, 11:56:27 pm »

keep up to date! I still had not done updating to gsx and for now I'm just as I am doing well. what updates brought the new offending update?
it was released last saturday. i am reinstalling to see if it works ... and fingers crossed that i finally get a response on FSDT.
I will keep you guys posted.

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #168 on: November 07, 2018, 01:18:39 pm »

Hello,

Read the update:http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,19008.msg135454.html#msg135454

Cheers.

tosco92

« Reply #169 on: November 07, 2018, 04:40:15 pm »

so this new update of fsdt is wrong your work done on just puskback right?
Hello,

Read the update:http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,19008.msg135454.html#msg135454

Cheers.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #170 on: November 07, 2018, 05:22:45 pm »
that will have all tested pushbacks with this new method imposed by FSDT.

We haven't imposed anything new.

The problem happened you made made your custom pushbacks based on the assumption you could set any random point along the taxiway, when in fact, the custom pushback ALWAYS worked by using EXISTING AFCAD nodes, to be used as attractors, and GSX is smart enough to not push longer than necessary, and will stop as soon the pushback truck and the airplane are aligned to the taxiway, without going all the way to the selected node.

This was always explained in the GSX Manual, Page 33:

We’ll use the Lat/Lon coordinates of two existing AFCAD nodes, that will work as “attractors” for the two Pushback options.

Lat/Lon Coordinates Snap

It’s not necessary to be 100% precise with Lat/Lon coordinates. GSX will snap to the closest node in the AFCAD. However, is still suggested to be precise and use Copy & Paste Lat/Lon coordinates of the node from your AFCAD editor of choice

The way you did your custom pushback nodes (ignoring the advice of using coordinates of existing AFCAD node), caused the "Snap" algorithm to still take the closest node, but this could be any node, not necessarily one that made any sense, and this would cause errors.

So, with the last update, we simply enforced what was always suggested to do in the manual: to be precise and trying to match the original lat/long coordinates of a node if possible so now, the program will just ignore a custom pushback position which is not within 5 meters of an existing AFCAD node, to prevent crashes.

Now, you sent me a message about still getting crashes, which I replied to, asking for more data but, this issue is probably related to the ability to do more services at once, it doesn't have anything to do with the pushback.

In addition to that, following the video you posted originally about a problem with EDDK, we found what was what that might have required you to customize the pushback to begin with, which was a parking with two approaches, in opposite directions, which caused what I saw in your video of the pushback doing a 180. We fixed this as well in an update we'll release soon so, it's possible that many pushback that previously required to be customized to prevent this problem, would work straight away with the default Left/Right strategy.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 05:27:05 pm by virtuali »

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #171 on: November 07, 2018, 07:15:29 pm »
that will have all tested pushbacks with this new method imposed by FSDT.

We haven't imposed anything new.

The problem happened you made made your custom pushbacks based on the assumption you could set any random point along the taxiway, when in fact, the custom pushback ALWAYS worked by using EXISTING AFCAD nodes, to be used as attractors, and GSX is smart enough to not push longer than necessary, and will stop as soon the pushback truck and the airplane are aligned to the taxiway, without going all the way to the selected node.

This was always explained in the GSX Manual, Page 33:

Not so true. As you say, well actually everybody says, those instructions are not good. And not even Shakespeare would be able to resume this process in a have page size instructions. Those instructions are open so much to interpretations that if I after doing 97% of the shared files, can get confused, after a few hundred hours of working your configurations,i would not dare to imagine the rest. To be able to improve, one has to be able to be autocritic. They are poor, short and confusing. If everybody says it is night time, then it must be, dont you think?  

We’ll use the Lat/Lon coordinates of two existing AFCAD nodes, that will work as “attractors” for the two Pushback options.

Lat/Lon Coordinates Snap

It’s not necessary to be 100% precise with Lat/Lon coordinates. GSX will snap to the closest node in the AFCAD. However, is still suggested to be precise and use Copy & Paste Lat/Lon coordinates of the node from your AFCAD editor of choice

The way you did your custom pushback nodes (ignoring the advice of using coordinates of existing AFCAD node), caused the "Snap" algorithm to still take the closest node, but this could be any node, not necessarily one that made any sense, and this would cause errors.

So, with the last update, we simply enforced what was always suggested to do in the manual: to be precise and trying to match the original lat/long coordinates of a node if possible so now, the program will just ignore a custom pushback position which is not within 5 meters of an existing AFCAD node, to prevent crashes.

That is good, but not if it messes up your customers config without leaving NO TRACE of it other than having your customers go through this process:
(and this is twice per stand, in EGLL would be aproximately 400 times)
1. the acutal fact of doing that precise pushback, on that parking spot, on that direction,
2. Open a file explorer, go on to a specific folder, open a text file,
3. Read tons of lines till you find a line saying that pushback had been eliminated...
4. In a scenery such as let say EGLL with 216 stands,  this process 216 times x each direction.. 400 times.. if you do it on accelerated mode.. 1.5 minutes (this is being fast). 600 minutes=10 hours, just to fix 1 large scenery.
Are you serious?
Umberto, you cant pretend to have people pitch in and help if we are not working together. You say you dont have time and that you will create that check log. What i am saying is IF YOU KNOW that is going to mess my files, because you knew ahead of the update, dont bring it in an update UNTIL you have the log capability ready. Then, i would have gladly go into all the parking spots reported on the log, and corrected that pushback to a more suitable one, using the ONLY NODE system.  Does this sound unreasonable?

Now, you sent me a message about still getting crashes, which I replied to, asking for more data but, this issue is probably related to the ability to do more services at once, it doesn't have anything to do with the pushback.

In addition to that, following the video you posted originally about a problem with EDDK, we found what was what that might have required you to customize the pushback to begin with, which was a parking with two approaches, in opposite directions, which caused what I saw in your video of the pushback doing a 180. We fixed this as well in an update we'll release soon so, it's possible that many pushback that previously required to be customized to prevent this problem, would work straight away with the default Left/Right strategy.

Mmmm not really .. there are many things here. (yes, never said this had to do with pushbacks, at all)

First, the video that I sent you had several things on it.
1st. yes indeed, it crashes only with Quality Wings 787 when demmanding to do the refueling. That just alone. Not with other services.  The rest, you can do them ok. But never call the refueling service. It crashes.
2nd. If you are using that same plane, with a perfect AFCAD file of barcelona LEBL, it will tell you that you have 13 suitable parkings for that plane (H). Then you scroll through the menus and all the Heavy dont show up. But if you go to that parking spot, your jetways are there, the gate is recognized if you open the GSX configurator, but if you try to Go to that parking by warping there the plane, you will never be able, because GSX says it does not exist on the CTRL+S+f12 menu.

I have also added many other crashes that happened in many other situations. Takes time, but i have sent them to you.

Most of all you say Now you send me this, now that, as if you are anoid? or maybe I am being susceptible?  I think this requires a lot of patience. On both sides. Trust me when I tell you it takes time all this reporting, logs reading, crashes editing, saving sending.. so a good thank you somewhere i believe is good to be heard.

Have a good day.

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #172 on: November 07, 2018, 07:18:30 pm »
Hello guys!!

I will still work on the newly weekly scenery that a couple of donors of the scenery itself, have asked me to do, so you guys keep getting something new each week, in support of GSX Level 2 and its community :),

So thank www.SimMarket.com and https://www.simflight.de/ for it, next week it will be EDDH from JustSim. Now in a new format V3. (this means that it will be pushback tested with the new update restriction of having only afac nodes used in them, so they will work with this new update released by FSDT)

The rest of the files will not be redone till there is a propper log that tells me which pushbacks need to be redone. Unfortunatelly i do not have 10hours per scenery to double check them.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #173 on: November 07, 2018, 07:28:39 pm »
Not so true. As you say, well actually everybody says, those instructions are not good

The instructions can always be improved, but they clearly said you should use the coordinates of an EXISTING AFCAD node, and they say you should try to be precise, suggesting you should use Copy & Paste from ADE to be, you know, precise...

That is good, but not if it messes up your customers config without leaving NO TRACE of it other than having your customers go through this process:

You are omitting an important part: why we made this change to begin with ?

Because YOU reported a crash on EDDK, which was caused by having chosen an arbitrary point, in spite of the manual which says you must use the coordinates of an *existing* node, asking to be precise, if possible. So, in order to prevent this crash YOU reported, we made this additional check, so GSX would default to the normal Left/Right strategy if the coordinates don't match an existing AFCAD node.

So, we made a fix, to prevent a crash, not to "mess up" with anything. Your choice of the nodes was not correct regardless, because the Snap system took random nodes which you couldn't possibly control, leading to possible crashes and strange issues.

And, about the "process" you are describing, this post is already obsolete, since if you check your Private Messages, you'll see I already sent you an upgrade, which we made PRECISELY FOR YOU (so it's still unreleased), so you won't have to go to this procedure, and it will create a list of all custom pushback nodes which has been rejected because their coordinates are too far from an existing AFCAD node.

First, the video that I sent you had several things on it.
1st. yes indeed, it crashes only with Quality Wings 787 when demmanding to do the refueling. That just alone. Not with other services.  The rest, you can do them ok. But never call the refueling service. It crashes.

Exactly. As I've said, nothing to do with the pushback.

But if you go to that parking spot, your jetways are there, the gate is recognized if you open the GSX configurator, but if you try to Go to that parking by warping there the plane, you will never be able, because GSX says it does not exist on the CTRL+S+f12 menu.

Without even mentioning the absurdity of we already having the SAME discussion by PM as well, as I already replied to you by PM, this could possibly be caused by a different AFCAD in use. I asked to check which AFCAD was used by GSX, but I don't think you have replied.

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #174 on: November 07, 2018, 07:34:40 pm »
Umberto, this is kind of anoying .. is going on too long. You must be right about everything. By the way,  i did not reply it because i have not seen it. obviously. i must have got lost with the ton of fruitfulless lines we are exchanging. You say I move fast in the configurations? not as fast as with this messages it seems.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 07:37:03 pm by virtuali »

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #175 on: November 07, 2018, 07:43:25 pm »
Umberto, I found your message imbeded wihtin the wrong part of the quote. Thanks for the routine. This will allow me to keep up with the work that is for ALL of us, not just for me.
Thanks
Cartayna

cartayna

• Beta tester
A BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS AIRPORTS IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL
« Reply #176 on: November 07, 2018, 08:29:33 pm »
Hello guys!!

Well after seeing two latinos argue about GSX (we were just missing a bowl of pasta with tons of tomatoes on it, to throw on each ohters head) we will continue with the promissed Eurpean 40 sceneries (plus the one-brand-new-per-week-sponsored-by-SimMarket and SimFlight.de). Tested the routing and reduces the work by 95%.

I will restart the job and adapt all sceneries.

Cheers

tosco92

« Reply #177 on: November 07, 2018, 08:41:32 pm »
Ciao cartayna
your work is impeccable and I deserve it. I wanted to ask you something, maybe I'll be using an old version tomorrow I'll look at it but now I'll tell you. tonight I was flying from Hamburg to Turin. EDDH airport of departure, I go to the gate 01A heavy, I execute with gsx the positioning of the finger (either on the door 1 or 2) when I go to load the passengers even if I have the gate attached I did not show them and I loaded them quickly and not to normal speed. why?

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #178 on: November 07, 2018, 08:49:18 pm »
Ciao cartayna
your work is impeccable and I deserve it. I wanted to ask you something, maybe I'll be using an old version tomorrow I'll look at it but now I'll tell you. tonight I was flying from Hamburg to Turin. EDDH airport of departure, I go to the gate 01A heavy, I execute with gsx the positioning of the finger (either on the door 1 or 2) when I go to load the passengers even if I have the gate attached I did not show them and I loaded them quickly and not to normal speed. why?
Ciao Tosco92! come stai..
Believe it or not, i am not an expert on such issues. more on the configurations themselves, and this does not have to do with a configuration.  But i have experienced that sometimes the coautl can do crazy things. Such as moving the gate and only the logo will be moving and so forth. By the way this has also happened to me in EDDH. mmm strange.  When this happened to me, i restarted the coautl and tested the process again. And it worked. I know this is not fun when you are in the middle of a flight that you are trying to make it real, but this is all i can recommend.
EDDH will be very soon (1 or 2 weeks) the latest addition of V3.
Also friday i will publish all new updates on this files calendar and the next Simfligh.de scenery to be added.

Ciao!

tosco92

« Reply #179 on: November 07, 2018, 08:55:01 pm »
Ok grazie mille a te... starò connesso al tuo canale .... I do not know if you know Italian ... anyway when you add something new, the link of tuttk on the first page is updated ?. next time I'll try to restart.