Author Topic: A BUNCH OF AIRPORT CONFIGURATIONS (100+) IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL  (Read 410238 times)

cartayna

• Beta tester
A BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS AIRPORTS IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL
« Reply #150 on: October 30, 2018, 10:55:31 am »
As I promissed last week,  EDDB now on FULL V.2. I have added to that scenery configuration folder both possible airports configurations, fictional and real (go to the scenery configurator of this scenery to change between this two possibilities).  Follow the instructions of the folder and remember, if you had the other configuration working for that scenery, remember to go to the Addon menu and rebuild the airport cachĂ©.  If you enjoy this, thank www.Simflight.de for it.

To download all configurations... A BUNCH CONFIGURATIONS…: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bdkjqee8x1w57lm/AAAl4p_7jyl6jBmHnH1gumjRa?dl=0

Cheers!

disco79stu

Re: A BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS AIRPORTS IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL
« Reply #151 on: October 30, 2018, 12:53:08 pm »
First question: correct/correct.
Second:any scenery in my bunch can replace SODE because I do not ask you to go to the configurator, I ask you in those sceneries to remove files. As a matter of fact a configurator does precisely that, adding or removing files.

Thanks Cartanya, I got it now and everythings works/looks very good.
Except two issues, maybe this has been answered/solved before, but I couldn't find anything:

1. EDDM (T2G): Some Stands (i.e. 302) seem to have a wrong "stopping distance". When I get to the stand, Safegate tells me to "STOP" when the nose is almost touching the building (and well inside some containers that are standing around), way past the yello markings on the ground.

2. LOWW (FT): Some jetways are reaching steeply up in the air.

Any clue what went wrong here?

BR
Stu

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #152 on: October 30, 2018, 02:50:55 pm »
First question: correct/correct.
Second:any scenery in my bunch can replace SODE because I do not ask you to go to the configurator, I ask you in those sceneries to remove files. As a matter of fact a configurator does precisely that, adding or removing files.

Thanks Cartanya, I got it now and everythings works/looks very good.
Except two issues, maybe this has been answered/solved before, but I couldn't find anything:

1. EDDM (T2G): Some Stands (i.e. 302) seem to have a wrong "stopping distance". When I get to the stand, Safegate tells me to "STOP" when the nose is almost touching the building (and well inside some containers that are standing around), way past the yello markings on the ground.

2. LOWW (FT): Some jetways are reaching steeply up in the air.

Any clue what went wrong here?

BR
Stu

hello,

1. i dont see anything wrong with 302. do you see STOP when you enter the scenery of eddm at 302? if you do, means you do not have my configuration (see pictures). If you do have my configuration and you do not see what i show you in this pictures,  there are 2 possible explanations:
          a. you have TWO OR MORE .ini files for eddm in the roaming folder for gsx (make sure you only have eddm.cartay.ini. remove the other one.
          b. go to the addons menu and restart the coautl rebuilding the airport cache.
    I have made a picture entering the cabin, and 2 pictures arriving to the stand till i get the stop indication on the docking device. the plane ends in the same place as the departing spot when you enter the sim on that gate.

2. yes, this was discussed on this post:http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,19008.msg134841.html#msg134841  see the article on the denverpost where it talks about the overthewing jetway. try it and you will understand.

disco79stu

« Reply #153 on: October 30, 2018, 07:49:01 pm »

hello,

1. i dont see anything wrong with 302. do you see STOP when you enter the scenery of eddm at 302? if you do, means you do not have my configuration (see pictures). If you do have my configuration and you do not see what i show you in this pictures,  there are 2 possible explanations:
          a. you have TWO OR MORE .ini files for eddm in the roaming folder for gsx (make sure you only have eddm.cartay.ini. remove the other one.
    I have made a picture entering the cabin, and 2 pictures arriving to the stand till i get the stop indication on the docking device. the plane ends in the same place as the departing spot when you enter the sim on that gate.

2. yes, this was discussed on this post:http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,19008.msg134841.html#msg134841  see the article on the denverpost where it talks about the overthewing jetway. try it and you will understand.

hi again,

well, I checked and tried eveything, rebuilding the airport cache and confirming that I only have one config file in the virtuali folder. but still, here are the screenshots.

LOWW: in don't think that even overwing jetways should look like this.

EDDM: with still "13 m" to go, I'm already too far. Stand 309 this time.

disco79stu

« Reply #154 on: October 30, 2018, 08:42:41 pm »
Regarding EDDM:

I think there is something wrong with the parking positions at EDDM stands 308 - 312. Those gates are a little offset to the east in real life (see google maps image), but in the sim the aircraft seem to be all aligned througout the whole terminal (see screenshot EDDM1).
Even the AI aircraft park a little too close to the building.

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #155 on: October 30, 2018, 09:44:57 pm »

hello,

hi again,

well, I checked and tried eveything, rebuilding the airport cache and confirming that I only have one config file in the virtuali folder. but still, here are the screenshots.

LOWW: in don't think that even overwing jetways should look like this.

EDDM: with still "13 m" to go, I'm already too far. Stand 309 this time.

On the screenshot of LOWW as I say on the post that i sent you, there is nothing wrong in that image. As you see in that post and as discussed in this "A Bunch..." page, ...
a. that is an overwing jetway.
b Are there any in LOWW in the real life? no. This was answered already in a couple of posts, the one i sent you and already (http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,19008.msg134695.html#msg134695); also here:http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,19008.msg134695.html#msg134695.  As I have said in this pages a few times, in the tutorials, i do not follow the real world sceneries by the book. I do what i think is fun or looks good (of course in my liking...)... but since placing the things in its place and testing the pushbacks takes hours per scenery, if you do not like a specific jetway is extremely easy to do..  feel free to do it. In my tutorials you will find how to do it.
Overwing jetways DO look like that, when they are not deployed they go up. But i did not design the jetway. sorry if you do not like it. Remove it, is easy.

On the screenshot of EDDM: you are mixing 2 things that have nothing to do with GSX. the position of the plane on gate 309 of EDDM is taken from the AFCAD file of your scenery... that is not GSX. Regarding the positions i made a chapter in the tutorials that explains this issue. please watch it. Chapter 3.1.

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #156 on: October 30, 2018, 09:46:43 pm »
Regarding EDDM:

I think there is something wrong with the parking positions at EDDM stands 308 - 312. Those gates are a little offset to the east in real life (see google maps image), but in the sim the aircraft seem to be all aligned througout the whole terminal (see screenshot EDDM1).
Even the AI aircraft park a little too close to the building.

disco, all this issues with the positions of the planes are drawn from the AFCAD. this has nothing to do with GSX. GSX does not mess with the afcad file. I believe this is an issue for the forums of the developers of the scenery.

disco79stu

« Reply #157 on: October 30, 2018, 10:26:38 pm »
okay, thanks for clearing that up. ... didn't mean to sound disrespectful, I really appreciate your work and effort, just wanted to enjoy it as it is meant to be and identify possible mistakes on my end....

regards,
stu

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #158 on: October 31, 2018, 12:36:25 am »
okay, thanks for clearing that up. ... didn't mean to sound disrespectful, I really appreciate your work and effort, just wanted to enjoy it as it is meant to be and identify possible mistakes on my end....

regards,
stu
By no means you sounded unrespectful.. sorry if I was to direct. This GSX/Sceneries with their AFCAD is not easy to grasp at the beginning, so I totally understand if you are confused .... so was i when i started with this! ;)

The tutorial might be long, but if you really want to learn about this, is the only one that explains  all the aspects of GSX2.. (i dont know if i did it well or not well, but is the only one, lol).

Cheers

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #159 on: November 01, 2018, 07:49:51 pm »
Hello guys!

Today I bring you 2 news.

First and most exciting one is that SimMarket and SIMFLIGHT.de have decided to sponsor one scenery configuration per week so you guys can enjoy more and better sceneries. This week we have decided to bring you EDDP. This fantastic scenery by Digital Design is the 13th busiest airport in passengers in Germany and the 5th in cargo in the whole Europe. The textures and night lighting make it very special. If you are looking for a medium airport in Germany this might be one of your best options to add to your scenery collection, now fully GSX2 configured, even stands. Fully v2+stands...

DOWNLOAD LINK FOR THE BUNDLE CONFIGURATIONS: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bdkjqee8x1w57lm/AAAl4p_7jyl6jBmHnH1gumjRa?dl=0

If you dont have the scenery, here is the link on where to purchase it: https://secure.simmarket.com/digital-design-eddp-leipzig-halle-fsx-p3d.phtml

To read the article about this configurations in Simflight.de go to this link: https://www.simflight.de/2018/10/26/gsx-v2-airport-konfigurationen/

The second news, I have recorded again the chapter of the tutorial on how to correct a pushback. Now is better explained, and much shorter also!.. To watch it go to:
&t=6s

« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 12:36:08 pm by cartayna »

grandfred29

« Reply #160 on: November 02, 2018, 02:03:34 pm »
good day

i haven't read all the comment in this topic so excuse me i you already answered to this question
About T2G LFPG i use your config, gate E24 and proximity there only one jetway, but it 's seem the original scenery had two?
could you check that?
thanks
frederic

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #161 on: November 02, 2018, 04:58:33 pm »
good day

i haven't read all the comment in this topic so excuse me i you already answered to this question
About T2G LFPG i use your config, gate E24 and proximity there only one jetway, but it 's seem the original scenery had two?
could you check that?
thanks
frederic
Hello Frederic, Yes, LFPG has been a nightmare, there is a problem with the AFCAD file of this scenery that makes adapting GSX2 almost impossible in terminals T to Z. the rest are being finnished. As you can see this scenery does not have the word FULL or FULL v2. (see: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,19008.msg134773.html#msg134773). In other words, LFPG will be finnished by nov. 15th.
Cheers.

grandfred29

« Reply #162 on: November 02, 2018, 08:56:45 pm »
ok, understood.
Nice work however ;)

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #163 on: November 06, 2018, 08:06:45 pm »
hello guys,

The project has been interrupted until they fix GSX2. Last update has messed up most of the configurations done till today, so if they do not guarantee me that this will not happen again and that the existing ones will be fixed, I will be forced to stop the GSX2 Bunch.... There are hundreds of hours of work here that can not be redone.

Sorry but this is a mess.

Will keep you updated if FSDT tells us something about it.

Cartayna
Added note on Nov7th:
Hello, I have found by doing trial and errors, that most of the things reported here only affects if you are using QW787.  The issues that i referred to my configurations pushbacks are still pending to be resolved. I have not heard from FSDT as of today. The moment they give me an answer in this regard (or in any), i will let you know. This means I do not stop work, but not publish until they give us an answer on how to "undo" the nodes issue that affect all my configurations V2 where pushbacks were fixed on all stands that had wrong outcome.. New configurations made since last saturday are only being done using the new update method as not to be affected by it . I will post in this regard as soon as they answer, and when all this is solved, we will have a new category (yes, i know..) v.3. that will have all tested pushbacks with this new method imposed by FSDT.
last post about this issue: the cartayna files will now be updated to v3 and fixed from the last update. Will publish about this and other news on friday.  over and out
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 09:03:33 pm by cartayna »

tosco92

« Reply #164 on: November 06, 2018, 09:35:17 pm »
so with the update the last of gsx does not work your jobs?