Author Topic: A BUNCH OF AIRPORT CONFIGURATIONS (100+) IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL  (Read 410324 times)

AirbusA330

Re: A BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS AIRPORTS IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL
« Reply #135 on: October 27, 2018, 05:21:38 pm »
Thank you for your explanation. And thanks for all your work

cartayna

• Beta tester
A BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS AIRPORTS IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL
« Reply #136 on: October 27, 2018, 07:45:01 pm »
Hello guys! The the biggest german news Sim site SimFlight.de has showed some interest in this issue, so I am thankful to them that adding this note on their great magazine, will make this bunch of sceneries reach even more people, which is precisely the whole idea.  Thanks for your help in spreading the word around and getting the files moving for all to enjoy!  Rocking.. Artlicle link: https://www.simflight.de/2018/10/26/gsx-v2-airport-konfigurationen/

And to celebrate this, being them a german news site, we here announce and dedicate the addition to the FULL V.2 familly, EDDB now on FULL V.2..  As you know the EDDB Aerosoft scenery has 2 versions, the fictional airport and the real one. This is the fictional one. Next week before wednesday, the there will be an addition of the other AFCAD file's configuration, and its configuration of the airport in the actual state.  So if you enjoy this, thank www.Simflight.de for it.

There are others that i have added in v2 as to give this category a fast start!  Find for your self in A BUNCH CONFIGURATIONS…: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bdkjqee8x1w57lm/AAAl4p_7jyl6jBmHnH1gumjRa?dl=0

Cheers!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 10:57:30 am by cartayna »

disco79stu

« Reply #137 on: October 28, 2018, 09:28:54 am »
Can someone explain this whole SODE thing to me again? I'm gettin g a little confused here.

- Do I need SODE for GSX /L2)?

- Is SODE better than "Standard"?

- For instance, when I deactivate SODE at LOWW (FlyTampa), the Jetways look far better and more detailed. I thought it's the other way around....? GSX is working with both, SODE and the "Standard" Jetways. Which one should I use?

- Should I deactivate SODE whenever I have the option when I use GSX?

- Why do I have to deactivate SODE in an XML file (for LOWW) when I can choose on/off via the FlyTampa config menu?

- Why is it a "good thing" when a 3rd party scenery have SODE?

I really don't quite get it....  ???
Thanks for any advise or summary on this topic!

BR,
Stu

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #138 on: October 28, 2018, 11:59:43 am »
Can someone explain this whole SODE thing to me again? I'm gettin g a little confused here.

- Do I need SODE for GSX /L2)?
- Is SODE better than "Standard"?
- For instance, when I deactivate SODE at LOWW (FlyTampa), the Jetways look far better and more detailed. I thought it's the other way around....? GSX is working with both, SODE and the "Standard" Jetways. Which one should I use?
- Should I deactivate SODE whenever I have the option when I use GSX?
- Why do I have to deactivate SODE in an XML file (for LOWW) when I can choose on/off via the FlyTampa config menu?
- Why is it a "good thing" when a 3rd party scenery have SODE?
I really don't quite get it....  ???
Thanks for any advise or summary on this topic!
BR,
Stu
There are different issues here.
1. Deactivating SODE as a whole (and I do not mean with the configurator of a scenery) should never be done. SODE does not only handle the jetways but other effects as well.
2. Certain sceneries have the option to activate SODE jetways. This will put certain files on the SODE folders so that when you go into that scenery will handle jetways with the SODE engine instead of CTRL+J. If you are going to use my scenery configurations rather the SODE jetway configurations of the scenery, there is a simple instruction to follow on that particular scenery. It tells you which files you have to get rid of in order to have GSX2 take over the jetways.
3.There is a chapter on this issue on my tutorial.
. look for chapter 7,
4.In the case of LOWW if you have deactivated SODE and you see the other jetways that look nicer, those are precisely the cartayna configuration GSX2 jetways. The thing is that instead of doing it by removing certain files, you have deactivated the SODE jetways through the installer of the scenery. Is ok this way, the thing is that if within the package of SODE for that scenery there are other things such as light effects on runways, water stains on the taxilanes, windsock, etc, etc, you will lose those effects altogether (not always, but it can happen). Thus the whay I do, is in the sceneries where you can chose SODE objects, i say yes, and then just follow a simple instruction on my scenery configuration that tells you specifically which files to get rid of as to ONLY remove the SODE JETWAYS and nothing else.

I hope this clarifies all the questions you have.

Cheers,

Cartayna

disco79stu

« Reply #139 on: October 28, 2018, 12:59:55 pm »
1. Deactivating SODE as a whole (and I do not mean with the configurator of a scenery) should never be done. SODE does not only handle the jetways but other effects as well.
2. Certain sceneries have the option to activate SODE jetways. This will put certain files on the SODE folders so that when you go into that scenery will handle jetways with the SODE engine instead of CTRL+J. If you are going to use my scenery configurations rather the SODE jetway configurations of the scenery, there is a simple instruction to follow on that particular scenery. It tells you which files you have to get rid of in order to have GSX2 take over the jetways.
. look for chapter 7,
4.In the case of LOWW if you have deactivated SODE and you see the other jetways that look nicer, those are precisely the cartayna configuration GSX2 jetways. The thing is that instead of doing it by removing certain files, you have deactivated the SODE jetways through the installer of the scenery. Is ok this way, the thing is that if within the package of SODE for that scenery there are other things such as light effects on runways, water stains on the taxilanes, windsock, etc, etc, you will lose those effects altogether (not always, but it can happen). Thus the whay I do, is in the sceneries where you can chose SODE objects, i say yes, and then just follow a simple instruction on my scenery configuration that tells you specifically which files to get rid of as to ONLY remove the SODE JETWAYS and nothing else.

Cheers,

Cartayna

Thanks Cartanya, that explains it well. I think I get it now. One last thing though:
So in in nutshell, all the different jetways that can be selected via GSX airport modify menu are GSXs own jetways and don't have anything to do with SODE, right? So it's either SODE jetways (still usable with GSX) or GSXs own jetways...? What happens if an airport has SODE jetways wihtout an option to deactivate them? Can your configs still change them to the better modeled GSX jetways?

BR
Stu
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 01:01:26 pm by disco79stu »

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #140 on: October 28, 2018, 02:49:00 pm »
. look for chapter 7,

Cheers,

Cartayna

Thanks Cartanya, that explains it well. I think I get it now. One last thing though:
So in in nutshell, all the different jetways that can be selected via GSX airport modify menu are GSXs own jetways and don't have anything to do with SODE, right? So it's either SODE jetways (still usable with GSX) or GSXs own jetways...? What happens if an airport has SODE jetways wihtout an option to deactivate them? Can your configs still change them to the better modeled GSX jetways?

BR
Stu
First question: correct/correct.
Second:any scenery in my bunch can replace SODE because I do not ask you to go to the configurator, I ask you in those sceneries to remove files. As a matter of fact a configurator does precisely that, adding or removing files.

Jonald

« Reply #141 on: October 29, 2018, 12:15:22 pm »
Love your work Cartayna! Any chance you could look at UK2000 Gatwick and Heathrow?

Thanks

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #142 on: October 29, 2018, 01:58:17 pm »
Love your work Cartayna! Any chance you could look at UK2000 Gatwick and Heathrow?

Thanks
hi there, glad you like it.
Hi there.. EGLL of UK2000 i couldnt, do not have the scenery, that is why I did the other one that I do own.
EGKK i am trying, but there is something wrong int that AFCAD file that i am investigating.

f.skywalker

« Reply #143 on: October 29, 2018, 07:19:10 pm »
Hallo Cartayna,

i need your help.

I am currently working on Euro Aiport Basel (LFSB)
The jetways working good for me.

Unfortunately, I can not insert the logo from the airport in gsx.
Can you give me a short guide how to insert the logo.
The logo i have build with a dds. file
I've tried a lot, but I can not get a menu with my logo in GSX.
My texture folder is not displayed. Texture Euro_Airport

Thanks from EDDM

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #144 on: October 29, 2018, 07:21:42 pm »
Hallo Cartayna,

i need your help.

I am currently working on Euro Aiport Basel (LFSB)
The jetways working good for me.

Unfortunately, I can not insert the logo from the airport in gsx.
Can you give me a short guide how to insert the logo.
The logo i have build with a dds. file
I've tried a lot, but I can not get a menu with my logo in GSX.
My texture folder is not displayed. Texture Euro_Airport

Thanks from EDDM
Hello Luke
I have never added any logos that where not part of the GSX pack.. no clue on how to do it, and i better not learn, otherwise i am going to be sharing sceneries with you guys which logos wont show, since they will be custom and only in my pc.
May the force be with you.
C

Jerrymc3

• My B737-800 Cockpit
« Reply #145 on: October 29, 2018, 08:26:19 pm »
cartayna
  I'm trying to download some of your GSX2 airport configurations but I'm having problems.  I click on the DOWNLOAD LINK under "BUNCH OF CONFIGURATION AIRPORTS IN GSX2" and I get the list of airports but when I try to download one all I get is an htm file, no folder.  Pardon my ignorance but I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Jerry
MSFS2020 PROSIM738
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi MB
Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz
EVGA CLC 240 Liquid / Water CPU Cooler
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB)
Gigabyte RTX 3090 TI 24GB
OC EFIS,MCP,FWD/AFT Ovhd,COM,NAV,ADF,XPND

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #146 on: October 29, 2018, 09:14:43 pm »
cartayna
  I'm trying to download some of your GSX2 airport configurations but I'm having problems.  I click on the DOWNLOAD LINK under "BUNCH OF CONFIGURATION AIRPORTS IN GSX2" and I get the list of airports but when I try to download one all I get is an htm file, no folder.  Pardon my ignorance but I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Jerry
Hi Jerry!!
Sure, no problem. look at the top right of that web after pressing the link, and press DOWNLOAD... that will download the whole package and its folders inside.... just follow the instructions within the INSTRUCTIONS folder and.. happy flying!

Cheers.

Jerrymc3

• My B737-800 Cockpit
« Reply #147 on: October 30, 2018, 02:32:06 am »
Got it, thanks, I was making that way too hard!

Jerry
MSFS2020 PROSIM738

Jerrymc3

• My B737-800 Cockpit
« Reply #148 on: October 30, 2018, 03:23:34 am »
cartayna

I installed the config files for (full) lemd - madrid barajas p4d - as professional simwings 2018 but the only jetways were at Terminal 4.  Terminals 1,2,3 and 4S all had the jetways excluded even though the file was labeled (full)

Jerry
MSFS2020 PROSIM738

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #149 on: October 30, 2018, 08:26:04 am »
cartayna

I installed the config files for (full) lemd - madrid barajas p4d - as professional simwings 2018 but the only jetways were at Terminal 4.  Terminals 1,2,3 and 4S all had the jetways excluded even though the file was labeled (full)

Jerry
hello Jerry,
It says full because is complete. That prescise file was used by a lot of people for an event in Madrid with no problems. There must be something you are doing wrong, please follow the instructions to the letter. i will write to you by pvt message to see what is you are not doing right.