Author Topic: A BUNCH OF AIRPORT CONFIGURATIONS (100+) IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL  (Read 410356 times)

Jonald

Re: A BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS AIRPORTS IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL
« Reply #120 on: October 23, 2018, 04:05:54 am »
Any chance you could update the EGKK UK Gatwick to the 'TRM' AFCAD? This brings the correct number of gates to the scenery.

Thanks

Artox67

« Reply #121 on: October 23, 2018, 05:38:35 pm »

f.skywalker

« Reply #122 on: October 23, 2018, 07:59:47 pm »
Hallo cartayna ,

thanks for your good work.
Please check LOWW - loww-cartay
I have a lot problems and the most gates and jetways are not modifiziert.
i must make settings at every jetway.
Please check you file.

Frank

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #123 on: October 23, 2018, 08:19:39 pm »
Hallo cartayna ,

thanks for your good work.
Please check LOWW - loww-cartay
I have a lot problems and the most gates and jetways are not modifiziert.
i must make settings at every jetway.
Please check you file.

Frank
hello Frank,
I promise there is somehting you are not doing correct. i test my configurations with other users and this one has been tested. So, please please watch the tutorial on Sharing files that i have posted many times. there is one specifical about this. in any case i have made this short video so you look for a couple of classic errors made when importing .ini files.
See: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4mi32a2udlfg9py/PLEASE%20FOLLOW%20THIS.mp4?dl=0
and guys here are the tutorials.. chapter 6 has all the answers on importing configurations. is pretty straight forwards as long as you check that you do not make 2 classic mistakes...  
TUTORIALS:

Let me know how it goes.
Cheers
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 08:21:23 pm by cartayna »

f.skywalker

« Reply #124 on: October 24, 2018, 09:59:42 am »
Hallo Cartayna,

Thank you for the info.
Have already incorporated many of your jetways.
All work very well for me.

In LOWW I changed some things myself.
At first I thought the double jetways are misrepresented.
They look like big bridges.
I've made this smaller because it does not look good visually.
A jetway was missing. I think it was C38. I added it
I added the park position signs.

Frank from EDDM

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #125 on: October 24, 2018, 01:58:27 pm »
Hallo Cartayna,

Thank you for the info.
Have already incorporated many of your jetways.
All work very well for me.

In LOWW I changed some things myself.
At first I thought the double jetways are misrepresented.
They look like big bridges.
I've made this smaller because it does not look good visually.
A jetway was missing. I think it was C38. I added it
I added the park position signs.

Frank from EDDM

Hello Frank!

Well is good to know that it works.
Regarding the double jetways looking loke big bridges, those are OVER the Wings Jetways. Is a new model of jetway that has been added to our liveries by FSDT. I think they are kind of fun. Having said this, is ok that people customize to their liking .. is the way it should be.  There are so many combinations that is hard to match everybodys tastes.. Some people like it more realistic others more creative....
I will check C38..
In the case of LOWW they already have parking signs WITH light. whenever there are parking number signs that work well in the default, i do not add them. But of course, feel free to add them in your liking!

cheers.

cartayna

• Beta tester
A BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS AIRPORTS IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL
« Reply #126 on: October 24, 2018, 05:34:16 pm »
Hello guys!

Today's FULL scenery is one that I know many of you are going to enjoy, EKCH Full version.

The pushbacks on GATES have been 100% redone. Added to all gates Docking devices. Even on the gates that a fixed jetway exists, another has been made available so you do not have to go crazy looking for GSX2 Gates.. they ALL are!

All but one Heavy gates (one had no space for it), have now double jetways.

DOWNLOAD LINK FOR THE BUNDLE CONFIGURATIONS: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bdkjqee8x1w57lm/AAAl4p_7jyl6jBmHnH1gumjRa?dl=0

TUTORIAL IN DETAIL FOR GSX2:

Hope you enjoy it!!

Cartayna.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 07:06:31 am by cartayna »

natbrain

Re: A BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS AIRPORTS IN GSX2
« Reply #127 on: October 25, 2018, 08:45:46 am »
Please check the file of EDDF. The fsdreamteam exclude scenery EDDF file is named EDDT.

Kind regards!

Hi guys, thanks to Umbertos tip, EDDF issue is now solved. check in the link i attached of drpbox, there is an updated version in the EDDF folder.

cheers

Hi, it looks like the Roaming file for EDDF is the file for EDDL. Can you check this?

cartayna

• Beta tester
Re: A BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS AIRPORTS IN GSX2
« Reply #128 on: October 25, 2018, 09:16:16 am »
Please check the file of EDDF. The fsdreamteam exclude scenery EDDF file is named EDDT.

Kind regards!

Hi guys, thanks to Umbertos tip, EDDF issue is now solved. check in the link i attached of drpbox, there is an updated version in the EDDF folder.

cheers

Hi, it looks like the Roaming file for EDDF is the file for EDDL. Can you check this?
Hello,
Yeap, my mistake. solved. Also be advised that EDDF is not in the FULL category. This particular scenery is being redone as we speak by another member that is helping me to upgrade this scenery to FULL... since it has fixed jetways in the double HEAVY gates, he is waiting for permission of the designer to alter the copyright file of the scenery, having removed this  fixed jets so we can replace them with GSX2..
This scenery config still needs a lot of work.
cheers

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #129 on: October 25, 2018, 08:02:09 pm »
Hello guys!

Today I bring you 2 news...

First and most imoprtant, is due to the comments of appreciation of a couple of features added in the EKCH & EDDL sceneries, i have decided to create a new cateory of scenery which is FULL v.2.  What is this about? I'll explain. When i started with "A BUNCH.." my configs were so so, improvements were being made as i created the FULL category, which basically ment that you will never get the errors of "this parking space is too small for you..." or "There is no jetway that can operate at this postion" thanks to testing gate by gate. Also all the vehicles were then placed in the correct position.. As i have been improving the skills and learning a few tricks, in this last mentioned scneries, i have added 3 things that i think make this configurations much better, so this is what FULL V.2. Means...
   1. All gates tested.

Today's FULL scenery is one that I know many of you are going to enjoy, EKCH Full version.

The pushbacks on GATES have been 100% redone. Added to all gates Docking devices. Even on the gates that a fixed jetway exists, another has been made available so you do not have to go crazy looking for GSX2 Gates.. they ALL are!

All but one Heavy gates (one had no space for it), have now double jetways.

DOWNLOAD LINK FOR THE BUNDLE CONFIGURATIONS: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bdkjqee8x1w57lm/AAAl4p_7jyl6jBmHnH1gumjRa?dl=0

Hope you enjoy it!!

Cartayna.

[/quote]

cartayna

• Beta tester
A BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS AIRPORTS IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL
« Reply #130 on: October 25, 2018, 08:22:04 pm »
                  ********************  IMPORTANT   NEWS   ON CARTAYNA "A BUNCH OF CONFIGURATION FILES"          ************************

Hello guys!

Today I bring you 3 news...

First and most imoprtant, is due to the comments of appreciation of a couple of features added in the EKCH & EDDL sceneries, i have decided to create a new cateory of scenery which is FULL v.2. What is this about? I'll explain. When i started with "A BUNCH.." my configs were so so...improvements were being made as i created the FULL category, which basically ment that you will never get the errors of "this parking space is too small for you..." or "There is no jetway that can operate at this postion" thanks to testing gate by gate. Also all the vehicles were then placed in the correct position.. and that at least 1 or 2 options of pushbacks other than straight would ALWAYS be available (though not tested were it ended) As i have been improving the skills and learning a few tricks, in this last mentioned scneries (EKCH & EDDL), i have added 3 things that i think make this configurations much better, so this is what ...
   ...FULL V.2. Means...
   1. All gates tested. No errors no matter what plane you use, size or door (1L on S & M. 1L, 2L and sometimes 3L on HEAVY).
   2. Pushbacks:
        a. More realistic (adding Facing North, south, ect.. on the choice of pushbacks!!!). This way you do not have to think too much when the ATC tells you to place the plane heading ....  
        b. Fixed the pushbacks that i detected to be wrong. Added BOTH, LEFT or RIGHT to all the pushbacks that this could be possible.
        c. Long pushbacks now specify on which Lane you land and close to which parking place.  This alone at the beginning did not dare to do for, only in one scenery that i tried took me more than 12 hours.. now i can do it in much less time so i feel that i can dare.
   3. Dont you hate when you go into the cabin when you start a flight with the GO TO command and see that you have a docking device telling you the plane is on the wrong parking spot? First of all, in the real world, the Docking device shuts off afer parking, and never activates again untill a new plane is arriving to the gate, thus they are always off when you are departing from a gate.  Well now v.2. have GSX2 dockings. Also the plane will not jump on the spot of the parking between the arriving position and the departing one. They are the same...
   4. Double Jetways added when possible (except EGLL, untill the designer gives me a scenery with no fixed jetways). Also they are now identified as OUTER (closest to the taxi lane)  or INNER (closest to the terminal building) as to be able to identify the correct jetway to be docked to the propper door.

Thetrefore this is what is going to happen. All new sceneries will be brought up to FULL V.2 instead of FULL. The ones that are already FULL will be upgraded to v.2. And all 38 sceneries in a BUNCH OF... will be v.2 by December 15th.. gradually.  I have pushed work as to bring you a whole bunch of V2 configurations that are already available among...
....And this brings me to the other 2 news left for today:

SECOND:
We upgrade from FULL to FULL v.2.: EGLL  A big accomplishment for A Bunch since it has 126 gates that fulfill all prerequisites of a v.2. configuration..!!

THIRD:ELLX has been upgraded directly to V.2.

Also remind everyone that all this configurations have been done only for the gates and not for the parkings. After we finnish with V2 we might start with them in a V3 while then more airports will be added.

DOWNLOAD LINK FOR THE BUNCH CONFIGURATIONS:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bdkjqee8x1w57lm/AAAl4p_7jyl6jBmHnH1gumjRa?dl=0

Hope you enjoy it!!

Cartayna.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 11:58:50 pm by cartayna »

Guenseli

« Reply #131 on: October 26, 2018, 08:41:25 am »
Incredibly great work!!!

Many, many thanks!!!

Keep up your good work!

AirbusA330

« Reply #132 on: October 26, 2018, 04:55:04 pm »
Thats really incredible, thank you so much for your work.

AirbusA330

« Reply #133 on: October 26, 2018, 05:18:57 pm »
Cartayna I've some questions regarding your config files: In LOWW and EDDL, I find these huge overwing jetways with your newest config which aren't there in real world. Is something wrong with my installation or did you integrate these "fictive" jetways to reach some special airplanes? Also I find glass jetways in EDDL, but in the real world EDDL has steel jetways.

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #134 on: October 27, 2018, 07:46:53 am »
Cartayna I've some questions regarding your config files: In LOWW and EDDL, I find these huge overwing jetways with your newest config which aren't there in real world. Is something wrong with my installation or did you integrate these "fictive" jetways to reach some special airplanes? Also I find glass jetways in EDDL, but in the real world EDDL has steel jetways.
Glad you like it guys....

Hello AirbusA330!

Glass jetways on EDDL & LOWW they are in deed not glass in the real world. Some like it some dont.  In this configurations i could have gone in 2 diferent directions and one will please some while the other does not. Is a 50% 50% chance that I would please everyone.. so I took the one that I found to be more esthetically apealing..(of course in my opinion) and as to have the possibility of seeing the passengers board through the glass ones, since it was one of the biggest atraction of GSX2.... but of course this is in my opinion only.
Those high jetways you mention are called "Over the Wing" jets, they are speciall for 747, A330, and so forth.... they dock on exits 4L on Heavy and 2L on Small or Medium planes, flying over the wings. ...(fictional? not really is something that United is using even for A320's since allows to load a plane much faster ... see: https://www.denverpost.com/2006/09/07/united-debuts-new-jet-bridge/)
The good thing about this configurations is that the hardest part of it is  placing every thing on the right place, jetways, double jetways, vehicles, dockings, and most time consuming of all: pushbacks. Therefore, i do encourage all of you that if you do not like the style of the jetways please fell free to change them, this will now take a few minutes and you cand do that by selecting all of them as a group and changing the type. The only ones that you need to do appart are the double jetways... but those are usually only a few. Thus changing jetways to your liking, i promise it only takes  no more than 10 minutes. check in my tutorials (
) chapter 2 & 7 will show you how to do both in no time.

Cheers.

Cartayna
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 08:03:18 am by cartayna »