Author Topic: A BUNCH OF AIRPORT CONFIGURATIONS (100+) IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL  (Read 410629 times)

Ad

Re: A BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS AIRPORTS IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL
« Reply #105 on: October 19, 2018, 02:00:50 pm »
Cartayna, i'm so happy with you and i think i'm not the only one.
You already did, and you're still doing, a great job for the users of GSX LVL2.

The pushback function and gates positions in the EDDL scenery is a great disaster.
I'm very very glad that you fixed it, it's one of my favorite airports.

And it's no problem that the release of Chapter 8 of your tutorials has a delay.
It's better to have a release without errors than fixing things afterwords because of the hurry.

Throttles On,

Ad
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 02:02:43 pm by Ad »

Swordfish

« Reply #106 on: October 19, 2018, 03:07:03 pm »
Well i propose you this, since i have to use a scenery to do the last chapter, on how to fix pushbacks with AFCAD info, will use that airport and those gates. i was going to do that in the next 2 days.. so good that you mention. will let you know when I finnish.

Great, I feel really honored! Thank you very much looking forward to it!
hi Swordfish!
you have made a brilliant suggestion regarding the pushbacks not working propertly i have almost fixed all EDDL that will be 100% tested and solved all gates postions pushback and i will incorportate today EDDS into the FULL category. Also i have saved a file of the untested configuration published as of today to use it in chapter 8 "AFCAD and Fixing Pushback Positions" that is a couple days late on the release.. i will send you a private message to let you know when i have both things published in this "A BUNCH..." page so you can visit the tutorial and download this EDDL Full configuration... EDDL is the perfect example of complex pushbacks, and not working! could not have think of a better example myself... Thanks for sharing.

cheers.

Cartayna

Thank you, Cartayna. You're the man, you really rock!
Thanks for everything you give to the flightsim community!

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #107 on: October 19, 2018, 11:02:02 pm »
Hello guys!

Today I bring you something that I know many of you have been waiting for, EDDL Full version.

The pushbacks on GATES have been 100% redone. There was not a single one that worked fine. What a mess!
Having said this, there is ABSOLUTELY no way to avoid that in a few gates (B10, C1, A13) the driver of the pushback doesn't drive as if he had been drinking. But now in all the gates, including those, your plane   will end in the correct place. In the default pushbacks there were only one direction to choose from so in the places that i believe you could be asked in 2 directions, this have been made available
It took me 7 hours with trial and errors to fix it since the "magnet" system that GSX uses, plus the not very good AFCAD of this airport, makes this a nightmare. I hope you enjoy it.  

Also there is a surprise in one of the 2 HEAVY postions... I was suppose to bring you the last chapter of the turorial (chpt 8 ) that shows you how to use the AFCAD editor to be able to fix the pushback positions.. Thus i decided upon a petition to give you the configuration first.  Tomorrow the tutorial will be 100% complete!

You will find the EDDL in the same folder, now under FULL category.
DOWNLOAD LINK FOR THE BUNDLE CONFIGURATIONS: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bdkjqee8x1w57lm/AAAl4p_7jyl6jBmHnH1gumjRa?dl=0

TUTORIAL IN DETAIL FOR GSX2:

I will feel totally repaid by this job if you join us tomorrow SATURDAY oct 20th, 2018 on the LEMD - Madrid Barajas - REAL OPS event that we are organizing in VATSPA (Vatsim Spain)... there are already 76 reservations (we are expecting way over 200) and it looks like is going to be a hell of event, so please book your flight and come and FLY WITH US! https://www.vatsim.net/events/madrid-realops-2018

Hope you enjoy it!!

Cartayna.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 11:11:30 pm by cartayna »

asturias

« Reply #108 on: October 20, 2018, 01:58:01 am »

Hello friend, is it possible that one day you can configure LEAS?
thanks in advance

Swordfish

« Reply #109 on: October 20, 2018, 09:03:27 am »
My man, Cartayna....... I don't know what to say..... you make me the happiest man of the world!
I had a quick look at EDDL and it's just amazing what you did. It has been killing me for months that EDDL was just such a mess, and now everything works and looks fantastic!
You're a great contributor for this community!
Have a nice weekend!

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #110 on: October 20, 2018, 02:00:15 pm »
My man, Cartayna....... I don't know what to say..... you make me the happiest man of the world!
I had a quick look at EDDL and it's just amazing what you did. It has been killing me for months that EDDL was just such a mess, and now everything works and looks fantastic!
You're a great contributor for this community!
Have a nice weekend!
Hi Swordfish!
glad to know! Tutorial for EDDL configuration is being uploaded so if there is anything that you might want to retouch regarding the pushbacks, you will find there how to.. The drunken towtruck driver on those 3 gates is impossible to remove due to possibly the bad afcad design of this scenery...  but at least in those 3 gates, as in the rest, your plane will end in the right place.
Cheers and join us today on the event of Madrid Real  Ops is going to be a lot of fun, HOLDS will be expected due to the (i hope) plenty of concurrance... do not forget to book your flight! https://www.vatsim.net/events/madrid-realops-2018

Cheers,

Cartayna

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #111 on: October 20, 2018, 03:34:47 pm »

Hello friend, is it possible that one day you can configure LEAS?
thanks in advance

Hola Asturias.
UNFORTUNATELY LEAS has no jetways that can be EXCLUDED. they are part of the terminal building and, not being an independent object, there is no way to remove the default ones. I heard they where working in a new scenery.. so we will have to wait for this airport (lo siento! Sad )
in the mean time, what i can do for you is something, to add a jetway joined to the ones that are fixed and cant be removed, not perfect, but is as good as it can get. But Fortunately for you, i had that scenery and was working on it a few days a go... here it is. i added already to the general folder dropbox link, and fixed all pusbacks that were all wrong.. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bdkjqee8x1w57lm/AAAl4p_7jyl6jBmHnH1gumjRa?dl=0

cartayna

• Beta tester
A BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS AIRPORTS IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL
« Reply #112 on: October 21, 2018, 01:33:09 pm »
Hello guys!

Today I bring you this FULL scenery configuration that was done colaboration with Artox67 (from this Forums) to whom I am very grateful.  EDDM Taxi2Gate Full version.

We hope that you enjoy it.

DOWNLOAD LINK FOR THE BUNDLE CONFIGURATIONS: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bdkjqee8x1w57lm/AAAl4p_7jyl6jBmHnH1gumjRa?dl=0

Artox67 & Cartayna.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 02:40:20 pm by cartayna »

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #113 on: October 22, 2018, 07:13:18 pm »
Hello guys!

We start the week with action.. and the winner today to be admited in the FULL Category (fully finnished and tested) is LOWW - Vienna from Fy Tampa were we have new double jetways on the heavy positions.. in terminal C & D the brandnew 4 gates with Over the Wing Jetways are available for all heavies.. now they work 100% fine, and do not crash the wings while docking.. glad to see how day by day Umberto is making great improvements on GSX2. Terminal F has double glass jetways too on the only HEAVY position that there is.

Also come to LOWW and test this new GSX2 Mirror docking System that Vienna has instead of the default. Now your plane will never bee TOO FAR or so.. Dockings will be turned off as in the real life when you start a flight. Only connect when you select the gate you are taxiing to.. they are cool.

We hope that you enjoy it.

Cartayna.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 07:24:48 pm by cartayna »

Artox67

« Reply #114 on: October 22, 2018, 10:21:31 pm »
Well guys,

EDDF (FULL) is in progress now. I removed the static jetways and work on the missing jetways.

yvesamuel

« Reply #115 on: October 22, 2018, 10:46:06 pm »
Super good new!!!
Thank's
Yves

AirbusA330

« Reply #116 on: October 23, 2018, 12:44:49 am »
To do that, you'd have to edit the models with modelconverterx, but you aren't allowed to share those files because of copyright.

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #117 on: October 23, 2018, 12:48:12 am »
To do that, you'd have to edit the models with modelconverterx, but you aren't allowed to share those files because of copyright.
yes i thought of that .. we were discussing it, maybe we could get a permission from Sim Wings. I'll check

AirbusA330

« Reply #118 on: October 23, 2018, 02:23:42 am »
Frankfurt is not from SimWings, it's done by "German Airports Team" and published by Aerosoft

There is also another problem with Frankfurt: The GSXV2 jetways aren't available at the right height to fit the Jetway connection points at Terminal 2 building. Terminal 1 works fine though.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 02:25:37 am by AirbusA330 »

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #119 on: October 23, 2018, 02:53:14 am »
Frankfurt is not from SimWings, it's done by "German Airports Team" and published by Aerosoft

There is also another problem with Frankfurt: The GSXV2 jetways aren't available at the right height to fit the Jetway connection points at Terminal 2 building. Terminal 1 works fine though.
Correct. My mistake. The we are doomed, with AS that will take us 1,000 years