Author Topic: A BUNCH OF AIRPORT CONFIGURATIONS (100+) IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL  (Read 410546 times)

cartayna

• Beta tester
Re: A BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS AIRPORTS IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL
« Reply #90 on: October 15, 2018, 08:52:54 pm »
Hello,

I really appreciate your hard work!! Thank you very much!

I can still see the default jetways at LEMH, I checked the exclude folder in fsdreamteam and this folder you provided is empty. Should there be files in it?

Are you also planning to do more airports?

Thanks!
Thanks for reporting it!! indeed it was open.. now is there. Sorry!
Regarding the doing of more airports.. indeed i will, i have others that i have purchased in Europe that i have not started yet. But first i want to have all the 36 that are in the package to be all in FULL category, the tutorial has taken me too much time, now i am back with the airports..
i hope to have them all in the full category by nov 1st... then i will start adding more, one every couple of days or so. But only Europe, in the US i only have KLAX purchased... and that has GSX2 already on it since it is FSDT... to my surprise, the double jetways in their sceneries are one operational and the other fixed! strange.
anyway I am glad you enjoy them..

cheers
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 10:05:14 pm by cartayna »

cartayna

• Beta tester
A BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS AIRPORTS IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL
« Reply #91 on: October 15, 2018, 09:01:32 pm »
hello Guys!

8 of us in VATSPA (Vatsim Spain) will be controlling what i hope will be an amazing event or REAL OPS Madrid (LEMD) FULL ATC so you can all guys enjoy the new amazing scenery from SimWings and you can there test the configuration i have made for Madrid.
All gates HEAVY in terminal T will have double jetways and T5 you can have a taste of the new overwing jetway that GSX2 recently added to the liveries!

As of now the bookings are doing great, so make sure that you get your slot in the bookings at:

Hope to see you there on LEMD_S_GND.

All "A BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS AIRPORTS IN GSX2"  to DOWNLOAD at  [url=https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bdkjqee8x1w57lm/AAAl4p_7jyl6jBmHnH1gumjRa?dl=0]https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bdkjqee8x1w57lm/AAAl4p_7jyl6jBmHnH1gumjRa?dl=0

« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 01:02:58 am by cartayna »

Swordfish

« Reply #92 on: October 16, 2018, 01:05:06 pm »
Thanks for reporting it!! indeed it was open.. now is there. Sorry!
Regarding the doing of more airports.. indeed i will, i have others that i have purchased in Europe that i have not started yet. But first i want to have all the 36 that are in the package to be all in FULL category, the tutorial has taken me too much time, now i am back with the airports..
i hope to have them all in the full category by nov 1st... then i will start adding more, one every couple of days or so. But only Europe, in the US i only have KLAX purchased... and that has GSX2 already on it since it is FSDT... to my surprise, the double jetways in their sceneries are one operational and the other fixed! strange.
anyway I am glad you enjoy them..

cheers

Thank you for the exclusions, now it works fine!!
I can imagine that it takes a lot of time to make this sort of tutorial, but it's great and very understandable!! Looking forward for the next chapter!
Also looking forward for the next airports, and no problem I don't own any US airports  ;) ;D

Thanks again for your great work, have a good day,

Best regards

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #93 on: October 16, 2018, 04:12:39 pm »
hey Swordfish! glad you apreciate it! only 1 chapter missing, AFCAD file and how to edit a pushback. I am also going to redo chapter 3 fine tuning. there is something that i have not done good, which is explaining the difference between the 2 parking postions (parking and stop) -... it has consecuences big time if you do not do it correct and i passed over that chapter without a mention of it.. it will be redone by tomorrow.
regarding the other sceneries, i only have 8 airports left to add, did you had any particular interest on any one? if you do, and i have it, i can start with that one of your choice.  But it wont be before nov 1st, i have to finnish the ones not on full categhory first.
cheers
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 09:44:07 am by virtuali »

Swordfish

« Reply #94 on: October 16, 2018, 09:03:39 pm »
Hi Cartayna,
Take your time and no hurry, everything is good!
I don't have any particular airport in my mind, you already did my home airport  ;)
I only have some big problems with the pushback at justsim EDDL ( especially at gates A) there GSX pushback does some really strange things and I can't get pushback to the left. I think that's all AFCAD related but that's way above my knowledge. Maybe if you have time and are in the mood for it you could have a look. But don't feel yourself compelled.
Thanks!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 09:44:13 am by virtuali »

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #95 on: October 16, 2018, 09:31:49 pm »
Well i propose you this, since i have to use a scenery to do the last chapter, on how to fix pushbacks with AFCAD info, will use that airport and those gates. i was going to do that in the next 2 days.. so good that you mention. will let you know when I finnish.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 09:44:20 am by virtuali »

Andreasmb

« Reply #96 on: October 17, 2018, 09:49:18 am »
Hello Cartayna,

from what I understood from a separate forum post from Umberto the parking / Jetway redone- positions setup with GSX2 will not be available for any AI and therefore no jetway will dock to any AI traffic, as no AI traffic will even dare to use them.

Am I correct that in consequence the airports you have worked on and marked "FULL" in the download directory you are offering will not faciliate parking for any AI traffic / no jetway will dock to AI traffic in consquence?

Tks for clarification,
Andreas

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #97 on: October 17, 2018, 10:24:21 am »
Hello Cartayna,

from what I understood from a separate forum post from Umberto the parking / Jetway redone- positions setup with GSX2 will not be available for any AI and therefore no jetway will dock to any AI traffic, as no AI traffic will even dare to use them.

Am I correct that in consequence the airports you have worked on and marked "FULL" in the download directory you are offering will not faciliate parking for any AI traffic / no jetway will dock to AI traffic in consquence?

Tks for clarification,
Andreas
Hello Andreasmb,
Well this is the trickiest part of the gsxlevel2 tutorial, and this has to do with the fact that the starting or "parking" position of the plane draws it from the AFCAD position. That is the position of the plane when you "GO TO" a specific parking position with the sim.  That will place as you will probably now by now in a not so correct place that if the airport has its own docking system, you will see that the plane is "TOO FAR"  or so.. Thus there are 2 postions that you have to make sure that the jetways have to be tested. The parking and the Stop.  Now the only way this 2 postions would be the same is if you over impose a docking system of gsx2 on top of the default scenery one. The gsx2 docking system will consider the stop perfect parking position wherever you place the STOP postion in the GSX2, while the default does not. This kind of complicated to explain by text and as i mention yesterday to Swordfish, i am redoing chapter 3 of the tutorial as to explain this  better. Also i have redone all of the FULL (almost all, by these afternoon they will all be redone with the chpt3 of tutorial) as to explain this issue. What i did in the first version of FULL I took the approach of making stop and parking the same position which kind of ends ignoring the docking device ending position.. and that is not good.  I tried to have this explained before the ordeal of making all this sceneries of the tutorial and i could not find what you did, thus had to learn it the wrong way.  Hope the tutorial cpt3 clarifies this. Once all is updated and changed i am going to post a note on the forum and asking to overwrite the previous Full configs that you have from me.
Sorry about this, but i could not find anywhere a good explanation about this 2 parking postions... and trust me when i tell you that i have read the whole manual.
Now all this would be much easier for us if there was an option in the gsx menu that would warp the plane to the stop position once you enter the GOTO position.. then, we will all be looking at 1 parking postion.. i have suggested it, but got no response.
The other option of the 3 possible as i mention is to replace tge original docking device (by covering the original) with a GSX2 ... this is takes a lot of time per parking position.. but in EBBR, that has "fake" ones, i have done it... now this airport can have the same goto parking (from the AFCAD) position and the ending from our new docking device that reacts to our set STOP position.
Cheers
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 10:34:28 am by cartayna »

Swordfish

« Reply #98 on: October 17, 2018, 06:01:04 pm »
Well i propose you this, since i have to use a scenery to do the last chapter, on how to fix pushbacks with AFCAD info, will use that airport and those gates. i was going to do that in the next 2 days.. so good that you mention. will let you know when I finnish.

Great, I feel really honored! Thank you very much looking forward to it!

tosco92

« Reply #99 on: October 17, 2018, 08:38:11 pm »
hello I downloaded your airport package for gsx v2, I wanted to ask you when for example I'm going to put a file in \ Roaming \ Virtual \ GSX and I see that there is another one of the same airport that I have to do?

thanks

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #100 on: October 18, 2018, 01:01:44 am »
hello I downloaded your airport package for gsx v2, I wanted to ask you when for example I'm going to put a file in \ Roaming \ Virtual \ GSX and I see that there is another one of the same airport that I have to do?

thanks

hi there, if you take a look at chapter 6 in the tutorial i've made, it explains everything including that issue. (
)

in any case, that is because after the 4 letters of the airport e.g. lemd-ni5828.ini   LEMD is the airport, if you have another LEMD with other digits different of mine (ni5828) means you have already done a configuration before in that scenery. Backit up in another folder or delete it if it does not interest you, and leave mine.  you cannot have 2. those digits (ni5828) is a random number that GSX creates to differentiate configurations of different users for sharing. My LEMD config has that code...
but trust me, the TUTORIALS cover any doubt,errors, etc etc that you might encounter. i recommend you watch it.

Cartayna

acof04

« Reply #101 on: October 18, 2018, 01:03:01 am »
Just thought I'd let you know the updates on you tube for chapter 3 have no sound :'(

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #102 on: October 18, 2018, 01:41:00 am »
Just thought I'd let you know the updates on you tube for chapter 3 have no sound :'(
Thanks for letting me know, they are being uploaded fixed as we speak, will both be fixed in 90min
Cheers

tosco92

« Reply #103 on: October 18, 2018, 07:25:23 am »

thanks

hi there, if you take a look at chapter 6 in the tutorial i've made, it explains everything including that issue. (
)

in any case, that is because after the 4 letters of the airport e.g. lemd-ni5828.ini   LEMD is the airport, if you have another LEMD with other digits different of mine (ni5828) means you have already done a configuration before in that scenery. Backit up in another folder or delete it if it does not interest you, and leave mine.  you cannot have 2. those digits (ni5828) is a random number that GSX creates to differentiate configurations of different users for sharing. My LEMD config has that code...
but trust me, the TUTORIALS cover any doubt,errors, etc etc that you might encounter. i recommend you watch it.

Cartayna

Ok thanks,I will do it

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #104 on: October 19, 2018, 11:34:42 am »

Great, I feel really honored! Thank you very much looking forward to it!
hi Swordfish!
you have made a brilliant suggestion regarding the pushbacks not working propertly i have almost fixed all EDDL that will be 100% tested and solved all gates postions pushback and i will incorportate today EDDS into the FULL category. Also i have saved a file of the untested configuration published as of today to use it in chapter 8 "AFCAD and Fixing Pushback Positions" that is a couple days late on the release.. i will send you a private message to let you know when i have both things published in this "A BUNCH..." page so you can visit the tutorial and download this EDDL Full configuration... EDDL is the perfect example of complex pushbacks, and not working! could not have think of a better example myself... Thanks for sharing.

cheers.

Cartayna