Author Topic: A BUNCH OF AIRPORT CONFIGURATIONS (100+) IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL  (Read 410394 times)

Ad

Re: A BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS AIRPORTS IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL
« Reply #75 on: October 11, 2018, 08:40:19 pm »
Great job, Cartayna.  :)

Jonald

« Reply #76 on: October 12, 2018, 09:24:40 am »
Within the .ini file, do we have to change the afcad path to the correct location for it to fully work?

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #77 on: October 12, 2018, 10:03:53 am »
Within the .ini file, do we have to change the afcad path to the correct location for it to fully work?

Not required.

We designed the .INI file to be shared so, even if the full path is saved in the .INI (which might be useful to the original author), is not READ back when the .INI is loaded.

Only the filename matters so, as long the AFCAD name doesn't change, it can be placed everywhere.

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #78 on: October 12, 2018, 02:08:03 pm »

Not required.

We designed the .INI file to be shared so, even if the full path is saved in the .INI (which might be useful to the original author), is not READ back when the .INI is loaded.

Only the filename matters so, as long the AFCAD name doesn't change, it can be placed everywhere.
thanks for the info Umberto! i will make a not of that in the instructions & in the Tutorial.
the chapter on sharing (6) will be edited in 1 hour to include this. Jonald, the link of that chapter is now dead, since it has been replaced by a new one in the Playlist of the tutorial, thus your question will be erased. check the last 3 minutes of that particular chapter (6):

cheers!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 04:09:02 pm by cartayna »

cartayna

• Beta tester
A BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS AIRPORTS IN GSX2
« Reply #79 on: October 12, 2018, 05:27:37 pm »
Hello guys,

Following my previous post in Cartayna GSX2 Configurations, today I publish in the FULLCategory (fully finnished and tested gate by gate...),... today the lucky winner to be upgraded to this category is...

LEPA, LEMH & LEMH From the collection of Ballearic Islands from Sim Wings.
LFRS - Nantes with the pushback from gates 2-6 corrrected!
Dont forget to visit the new Tutorial Playlist that was published a couple of days ago where you will find tricks and procedures to configurate your favorite sceneries with the wonderfull GSX Level 2!
To see how to install this configuration, use the STEP BY STEP, see chapter 6 of my tutorial:

To see the whole Tutorial Playlist:

CARTAYNA GSX2 DOWNLOAD LINK: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bdkjqee8x1w57lm/AAAl4p_7jyl6jBmHnH1gumjRa?dl=0

Cheers!

Cartayna
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 05:31:04 pm by cartayna »

Ankh

« Reply #80 on: October 12, 2018, 06:38:00 pm »
You are aware that on your google drive inside EBBR folders, only files with EDDB are inside? Are those the correct ones? Glad I backed up the SODE files from EBBR before deleting them... I appreciate your work, but a little bit more attention to what you put on what folder would be nice, no? Otherwise people will start complaining because "you" ruined their sceneries...

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #81 on: October 13, 2018, 06:33:39 pm »
You are aware that on your google drive inside EBBR folders, only files with EDDB are inside? Are those the correct ones? Glad I backed up the SODE files from EBBR before deleting them... I appreciate your work, but a little bit more attention to what you put on what folder would be nice, no? Otherwise people will start complaining because "you" ruined their sceneries...
Chill man chill. dont lose your nerves. bad thing for a pilot. you see an error (the only one there was) report it. on file was by mistake there. erase it.
But most of all. Chill.

AirbusA330

« Reply #82 on: October 15, 2018, 12:43:22 am »
I appreciate your work very much, but why are you doing simwings airports? Most new simwings airports are already equipped with SODE jetways by SimWings. Wouldn't it be better to make airports not already equipped with SODE jetways?

Artox67

« Reply #83 on: October 15, 2018, 09:53:43 am »
Hi cartayna

first of all thank you so much for all your work. All airports working perfectly for me except EGLL

I've an issue with EGLL from AS. I've the version 1.10 and I've no jetways.

Followed all steps as explained but at EGLL I can't get the jetways to work.

Any ideas?

Disregard, found the issue. Wrong AFCAD file was active :-)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 10:12:16 am by Artox67 »

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #84 on: October 15, 2018, 10:42:36 am »
I appreciate your work very much, but why are you doing simwings airports? Most new simwings airports are already equipped with SODE jetways by SimWings. Wouldn't it be better to make airports not already equipped with SODE jetways?
hi there a330,
well i do not have unlimited airports, just the ones i purchased, plus a couple of sceneries configurations that a friend gave me that i dont even use thus tested... also, the fact that an airport has a SODE jetways does not mean that they are nicely done. e.g. LEMD, Simwings has dan an amazing job in the airport, but the jetways are pretty bad in my opinion and I was shocked when i saw the textures of them, also they where glass jetways where i could not see the passangers board. Regarding many others that can be done, i hope the comunity will start doing them, i am going to do around 50 that I have. They will all be done and FULLy finnished in the next 2 weeks... i spent a lot of time prior to finnish them making the tutorial before finnishing my sceneries, since i thought it was more important and was asked to do that first, some people find it fun to customize their sceneries... I do however find that this forum is lacking a link in the first page where people can do their own and share.. I have been looking in the forum and could only find 5-6 configurations of which only 2 where completely finnished and tested. So i hope that we can have more people to pitch in to do this job.
Cheers.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 10:46:08 am by cartayna »

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #85 on: October 15, 2018, 10:49:22 am »
Hi cartayna

first of all thank you so much for all your work. All airports working perfectly for me except EGLL

I've an issue with EGLL from AS. I've the version 1.10 and I've no jetways.

Followed all steps as explained but at EGLL I can't get the jetways to work.

Any ideas?

Disregard, found the issue. Wrong AFCAD file was active :-)
Glad to see that you solved it.. yes, i have not done a good enough job in the instructions & the tutorial regarding the explanation and reminding to check the AFCAD file where airports can have more than 1 because a wind configuration of the scenery.. I am going to take care of that in the next 1-2 days.
Cheers.

cartayna

• Beta tester
A BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS AIRPORTS IN GSX2
« Reply #86 on: October 15, 2018, 11:39:28 am »
Hello guys,

Following my previous post in Cartayna GSX2 Configurations, today I publish in the FULLCategory (fully finnished and tested gate by gate...),... today the lucky winners to be upgraded to this category is...

LEMG - Malaga With double gates where could be placed for the Heavy planes.
LEBL - Barcelona Also double gates on all the Heavy parking spots.
LJLJ - Liubliana
EGLL - London Heathrow All 126 gates configurated..

Dont forget to visit the new Tutorial Playlist that was published a couple of days ago where you will find tricks and procedures to configurate your favorite sceneries with the wonderfull GSX Level 2!
To see how to install this configuration, use the STEP BY STEP, see chapter 6 of my tutorial:

To see the whole Tutorial Playlist:

CARTAYNA GSX2 DOWNLOAD LINK: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bdkjqee8x1w57lm/AAAl4p_7jyl6jBmHnH1gumjRa?dl=0

Cheers!

Cartayna

« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 11:44:06 am by cartayna »

Artox67

« Reply #87 on: October 15, 2018, 12:15:55 pm »
After arriving at EDDS (other aiorports as well) I can request the Jetway but just a part of the Jetways are moving.

After restart couatl it works as expected.

https://i.imgur.com/qZKhmOV.jpg

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #88 on: October 15, 2018, 02:22:21 pm »
After arriving at EDDS (other aiorports as well) I can request the Jetway but just a part of the Jetways are moving.

After restart couatl it works as expected.

https://i.imgur.com/qZKhmOV.jpg

Hey Artox67,

yes, something funny happened to me in that scenery, is not really my fault since i did not design GSX2, i am just a user making configurations. That error has nothing to do with the configuration itself, but with the COAUTL engine that sometimes does crazy things.

I did a LIVE update of GSX2 today and now, tested that EDDS config i passed you and i get this when operating gate15. (see pic)
Thus i can recommendo you to do 2 of the following things...
1, I had a lot of crazy things happening in GSX2 at the beginning.. later i found out, that all issues (specially having to restart constantly the coautl) were solved by TOTALLY uninstalling GSX2 .. and reinstalling. I installed gsx2 when i had already GSX installed in the PC. That was a mistake, is best to uninstall gsx and then install the full package of gsx2 that already comes with gsx. you just need bout keyreg to be in C:\users\*yourname*\ folder.
2. if that sounds too drastic, try and do a live update (not of tha coautl2, the other one)

although you have the correct files (mine) in your pc, also remember that EDDS is not yet in the FULL categoryl. this week will be totally finnished (although this error you are getting has nothing to do with this).

Cheers,

Javier

Swordfish

« Reply #89 on: October 15, 2018, 07:50:12 pm »
Hello,

I really appreciate your hard work!! Thank you very much!

I can still see the default jetways at LEMH, I checked the exclude folder in fsdreamteam and this folder you provided is empty. Should there be files in it?

Are you also planning to do more airports?

Thanks!