Author Topic: A BUNCH OF AIRPORT CONFIGURATIONS (100+) IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL  (Read 410539 times)

Ankh

Re: A BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS AIRPORTS IN GSX2
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2018, 10:15:47 am »
Hassle? it takes no more than 15 secs.

To be honest, this only works if all the gates of the airport are exactly the same, which is almost never the case. At least in LSZH, where I did the quick and dirty approach, half of the gates were unusable afterwards, either because the jetways were to short, not properly positioned or the GSX vehicles were sitting inside scenery buildings. Of course, the replacement is done in 15 seconds, but for a proper modification, each gate needs to be manually adjusted nevertheless.

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2018, 02:59:54 pm »
Hassle? it takes no more than 15 secs.

To be honest, this only works if all the gates of the airport are exactly the same, which is almost never the case. At least in LSZH, where I did the quick and dirty approach, half of the gates were unusable afterwards, either because the jetways were to short, not properly positioned or the GSX vehicles were sitting inside scenery buildings. Of course, the replacement is done in 15 seconds, but for a proper modification, each gate needs to be manually adjusted nevertheless.
I understand you frustration, i had the same at the beginning, now that i think i know all the ways around i have a different opinion. Maybe the manual and videos on how to could have been done better, but the software itself is in my opinion one of the best that has come around in the recent times to face a need that had to be addressed.. the jetways. This is version 1, give it time, and do not forget that the part of the jetways is a developing and customization tool. Also, it is not 100% his fault and is also the AFCAD files issue that should be addressed by the scenery developers. The software uses an AI that workis with the AFCAD file, and if such is not correct (which happens a lot), the result might end up in what you comment in LSZH. Since there are infinite number of scenery, the developer is forced to use the scenery AFCAD.
Also the community should do its part. if each one of the buyers of the product did 1 scenery, we would have all ready by now.
Regarding LSZH you can find a fully customized jetways configuration with all the correcto postions in jetways and plane postion for all to work properly, modified it yesterday night and it works just fine (the same link is updated online, if you already installed previous, is as easy as to overwrite the roaming folder.. the exclusions are the same). if you do not like someting, colors, adds, or whatever you can do it all in one key stroke (actually 2) .. and voila!
I here attach also the .ini for Appdata so you do not have to look for it in my folder
cheers
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 05:20:45 pm by cartayna »

cartayna

• Beta tester
A BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS AIRPORTS IN GSX2
« Reply #62 on: October 03, 2018, 03:28:17 pm »
Hello guys,
Here is some news in the cartayna GSX2 Airports.
Many of you have asked me to publish versions of improvements made as to keep up with better configurations of specific sceneries.
Others have righteously corrected me in defficiencies in certain gates that were not working and so forth...
Thus I have come with a solution for both this problems.
Every day i will upgrade to the best possible configuration one of my sceneries. I will check:
1. Jetways functionally and 100% tested.
2. GSX Vehicules positions.
3. Airplane postion and its jetways operatibility regardless if it has 1,2 or 3 (this only for HEAVY in the airports that i can add those 2nd and 3rd)
4. Checked that pushback is available in the propper direction (i will not test the distances for it will take me ages to complete), but i have seen that many parking positionis where not configurated at all in the direction that was available (left,right or both) thus yielding an incorrect pushback. If no direction was assigned, resulted in wrong pushbacks.This last issue, will be addressed.
5. Correct docking system (when no docking system is offered at the scenery, i will add one, leaving Marshall for the last option). If the scenery has one, i will simply remove the Marshall or any other device offered by GSX2.

NOTE: I do not go to the original airport in real life to compare if the color of the jetways, nor do I check if the advertising in the jetway is the correct one. I choose the most esthetically correct one (in my opinion, of course). Thus if you do not like them, you might change them in a simple click, since the jetways can be modified in color and adds without altering the rest, in a single batch (all at same time). This takes less than a minute.

THERFORE, TODAY I publish the first one of the  new FULL category. You will find a note of (FULL) in the folder of the scenery that has been upgraded to this category.
Today LSZH is the lucky scenery is dedicated to Ankh who was not so happy about this not being ready! ;)

CARTAYNA GSX2 AIRPORT CONFIGURATIONS DOWNLOAD: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bdkjqee8x1w57lm/AAAl4p_7jyl6jBmHnH1gumjRa?dl=0

To see how to do this STEP BY STEP, see chapter 6 of my tutorial:
&index=6
To see the whole Tutorial Playlist:

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 01:05:19 am by cartayna »

sirgaric

« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2018, 04:57:05 pm »
You should open a patreon account or something like that. I would gladly send you an e-beer or two.

Ankh

« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2018, 05:00:54 pm »
I understand you frustration, i had the same at the beginning, now that i think i know all the ways around i have a different opinion.
[...]
if you do not like someting, colors, adds, or whatever you can do it all in one key stroke (actually 2) .. and voila!
I here attach also the .ini for Appdata so you do not have to look for it in my folder
cheers

Thanks, but you did not get the point. I was not complaining or being frustrated, simply stating that replacing all jetways, put the GSX vehicles in a good position and checking all gates for compatibility is simply not done in 15 seconds as you stated above. Impossible. As you write yourself, this only works if you use the same jetway for all gates at the airport with the same size, colour and advertisement. As soon as you have to do things individually per gate, it takes more time (which is perfectly fine, do not get me wrong here).  

Anyway, thanks for the work so far, I am really happy for this contribution of yours to the community.

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2018, 05:16:15 pm »
I understand you frustration, i had the same at the beginning, now that i think i know all the ways around i have a different opinion.
[...]
if you do not like someting, colors, adds, or whatever you can do it all in one key stroke (actually 2) .. and voila!
cheers

Thanks, but you did not get the point. I was not complaining or being frustrated, simply stating that replacing all jetways, put the GSX vehicles in a good position and checking all gates for compatibility is simply not done in 15 seconds as you stated above. Impossible. As you write yourself, this only works if you use the same jetway for all gates at the airport with the same size, colour and advertisement. As soon as you have to do things individually per gate, it takes more time (which is perfectly fine, do not get me wrong here).  

Anyway, thanks for the work so far, I am really happy for this contribution of yours to the community.
yes of course i mean if the airport is ALREADY properly configurated, changing certain aspects that i mentioned, can be changed in a few secs, one by one or the whole lot. Enjoy LSZH.

cheers

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2018, 10:29:35 pm »
Hi guys!

Have you seen this two new videos of GSX2 by FSDT? 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lpt-K1nWy8g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr-lR5gJqmg

they were new to me anyway. A bunch of you have asked me to do a video tutorial of GSX2. I will do my best and have one for you soon.

Cheers.

cartayna

• Beta tester
A BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS AIRPORTS IN GSX2
« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2018, 01:46:31 am »
Hello guys,

Following my previous post, today I publish in the FULL Category (fully finnished and tested gate by gate...):

EBBR Brussels from JustSim. A scenery that I have been waiting to buy since it is a very convenient airport located in a very central geografical location.

I will take a break for a couple of days in providing more FULL sceneries, since I start tomorrow making a FULL tutorial for GSX2.. I hope that the many of you that asked me to do it, enjoy it, ... i will use this sceneries to show you an airport with SODE to be removed and that has one type of problems and another that doesn't have SODE (LEMD to be published in FULL tomorrow), but has other types of problems. With both i expect to show you all the possible contingencies you may find when configurating a scenery with GSX2.. and how to overcome them.

CARTAYNA GSX2 DOWNLOAD LINK: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bdkjqee8x1w57lm/AAAl4p_7jyl6jBmHnH1gumjRa?dl=0

&index=6

Cheers!

Cartayna

« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 11:37:18 am by cartayna »

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2018, 12:17:47 pm »
Hello guys,

Following my previous post in Cartayna GSX2 Configurations, today I publish in the FULLCategory (fully finnished and tested gate by gate...),... today the lucky winner to be upgraded to this category is...

LEMD The recently published Madrid Barajas by Simwings... a must. probably the best scenery so far,..
The lighting at night as realisticas it gets.. 106 gates (!!) fully customized for GSX2.   We have Heavy parkings with double jetways in Terminal 1  :) I hope you enjoy it.

CARTAYNA GSX2 DOWNLOAD LINK: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bdkjqee8x1w57lm/AAAl4p_7jyl6jBmHnH1gumjRa?dl=0

&index=6

Cheers!

Cartayna

[/quote]
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 05:34:08 pm by cartayna »

yvesamuel

« Reply #69 on: October 07, 2018, 12:24:08 pm »
Hi,

Just a question : this morning I flew from EDDF, and I saw only one moving jetway at large gates : for exemple at gate A20. Is this normmal or not?

Thank's
Yves

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2018, 01:43:52 pm »
Hi,

Just a question : this morning I flew from EDDF, and I saw only one moving jetway at large gates : for exemple at gate A20. Is this normmal or not?

Thank's
Yves
Hello Yves! yes i was precisley recording the Tutorial i am going to publish soon and talking about that. In EDDF the second gate that you can not exclude is part of the arquitecture of the building and not a single object, thus the AI of GSX2 can not exclude it and thus replace with another,
That scenery needs badly an update, in new sceneries, that is not done any more..
cheers

yvesamuel

« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2018, 02:09:25 pm »
Thank's for your quick reply.

I'm  begening to work on CYUL, just did large gates, but I have not find the jetways in white with red strips...

Yves

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #72 on: October 07, 2018, 08:38:09 pm »
Thank's for your quick reply.

I'm  begening to work on CYUL, just did large gates, but I have not find the jetways in white with red strips...

Yves
Use the Coautl updater2 that comes with the GSX2

yvesamuel

« Reply #73 on: October 07, 2018, 09:43:32 pm »
Thank's
I'll have a look at this when I come back from my trip to JFK and Montreal (I'll fly a A380..) after the 18th.

Yves

cartayna

• Beta tester
A BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS AIRPORTS IN GSX2 + FULL TUTORIAL VIDEOS
« Reply #74 on: October 11, 2018, 03:14:42 am »
HELLO GUYS,

AND FINALLY I MANAGED TO FINISH THE TUTORIAL FOR THOSE MANY OF YOU THAT ASKED FOR ONE.

HOPE YOU ENJOY IT!

FULL TUTORIAL LINK: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_jo_TDZG12UYkZ_tZ58ThN6ZDVyh_Ukq

CHEERS!

P.S. Now I can go back to finish the sceneries and new ones... hope to have all of them in the "FULL" category by the end of the month or beg of the next one tops.

Scenery configuration Download Link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bdkjqee8x1w57lm/AAAl4p_7jyl6jBmHnH1gumjRa?dl=0
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 03:19:42 am by cartayna »