Author Topic: A BUNCH OF AIRPORT CONFIGURATIONS (100+) IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL  (Read 414488 times)

cartayna

• Beta tester
Re: A BUNCH OF AIRPORT CONFIGURATIONS (70+) IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL
« Reply #825 on: August 12, 2019, 07:18:54 pm »

Silly me, you explained it perfectly the first time, yes, indeed, the only way to do that is to compile with the option to do it in xml format, then open a frexh ADE and build from the edited xml file where you copypaste the lat/lon of the ils.. is this what you wanted? attached pics and new afcad. let me know if it works.

Not quite, though this gave me what I think is the solution.  The DME needs to be colocated with the GS in order to give the proper readouts.  So, what I did was:
1 - open the ADE BGL, and convert the ILS to ILS/DME for each runway, leaving the placements alone.  (as you noted in your post)
2 - Compile this to a new BGL and XML file
3 - Edit the XML file to set the DME locations to match the GS locations for each ILS
4 - Open a new project using the edited XML file as the source.   Compile this to a new ADE BGL file

Going to test that this evening... in the middle of a long flight at the moment.  I'm hopeful - the compiled XML file from step 4 has the right data in it, so it didn't get overwritten.
yes, i was thinking about putting the glidesolpe lat/lon on the Dme's of the ILS's instead of the one of the ILS, but since you did not mention that, .. decided to follow your instructions to the line.
Yes, what you suggest is exactly what you need to do, since i want to have the scenery up in the cloud correctly i will do it myself, it takes me a minute, and dont want to loose any of the exclusions.
I found what the problem with his buildings is, he has the libraries also activated. should have mention that he must not have them, but if you are flying to another skyhighsim scenery, you will need them or he should just throw those libries into each of the SHS scenery, they are tiny and they only  made 3.  Maybe I should have done a better job with that, i will update the instructions on that regard.
Thanks Tim.

ha5mvo

« Reply #826 on: August 12, 2019, 07:40:02 pm »
Actually I thought of that and deactivated the libraries before I posted, but it made no difference.
I had an older install of LYBE which I deleted by mistake and have not reinstalled since. Is it possible there are leftovers somewhere in the sims core?

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #827 on: August 12, 2019, 08:27:31 pm »
Actually I thought of that and deactivated the libraries before I posted, but it made no difference.
I had an older install of LYBE which I deleted by mistake and have not reinstalled since. Is it possible there are leftovers somewhere in the sims core?
gives an hour to find out. i have 2 other guys testing stuff..

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #828 on: August 12, 2019, 10:43:49 pm »
We cant get any luckier!! I am not going to tell you how I fixed it since it wuould take me pages. do this.
DELETE MY LYBE.
Follow the instructions on this new instalation available.  (it will require you to maintain the SHS libraries separately as you did have before, if you have deleted them, dont worry, now they are separated and available in my folders).  Inside there is also installed in the pack the magic bgl that i developed for this. I have tested from scratch and it works. (added the magic file created now: LYBE_ADEP4_Skyhigh_OBJ.bgl)

TIM: The AFcad already is with the DME at the Glideslpe as you suggested.. thanks for your cooperation. I attach here a copy of it.

cheers.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 11:11:46 pm by cartayna »

Timothy Metzinger

« Reply #829 on: August 12, 2019, 11:17:28 pm »
We cant get any luckier!! I am not going to tell you how I fixed it since it wuould take me pages. do this.
DELETE MY LYBE.
Follow the instructions on this new instalation available.  (it will require you to maintain the SHS libraries separately as you did have before, if you have deleted them, dont worry, now they are separated and available in my folders).  Inside there is also installed in the pack the magic bgl that i developed for this. I have tested from scratch and it works. (added the magic file created now: LYBE_ADEP4_Skyhigh_OBJ.bgl)

TIM: The AFcad already is with the DME at the Glideslpe as you suggested.. thanks for your cooperation. I attach here a copy of it.

cheers.

Downloading to test now.  The mod I'd described earlier definitely put the DME in a good place.  So will get the new version with the Skyhigh objects.

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #830 on: August 12, 2019, 11:24:25 pm »
DELETE MY LYBE.

cheers.

Downloading to test now.  The mod I'd described earlier definitely put the DME in a good place.  So will get the new version with the Skyhigh objects.
Exactly the one I placed, copied the lat/lon of the GS.
you were also missing ton of buildings, in your case if  you just add that file in the scenery folder of LYBE, you are set to go. (LYBE_ADEP4_Skyhigh_OBJ.bgl).. i attach it here.

ha5mvo

« Reply #831 on: August 12, 2019, 11:32:48 pm »
Yes, All's working perfectly now!!
Thanks a bunch for all your efforts!

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #832 on: August 12, 2019, 11:33:19 pm »
Yes, All's working perfectly now!!
Thanks a bunch for all your efforts!
HIP HIP...!! LMAO

Timothy Metzinger

« Reply #833 on: August 12, 2019, 11:41:03 pm »
Confirmed... working great.  DMEs are perfect.

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #834 on: August 13, 2019, 02:21:01 am »
Confirmed... working great.  DMEs are perfect.
A miracle.

ha5mvo

« Reply #835 on: August 13, 2019, 11:01:05 pm »
I think I found a small glitch with the AFCAD.
Can you take a closer look at the node connecting the taxiway to runway 30? The AI would just pike up without being able to take off until they time out and disappear.
Usually happens with a displaced node  (or being too far)

best,
//Mike

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #836 on: August 14, 2019, 06:58:30 pm »
I think I found a small glitch with the AFCAD.
Can you take a closer look at the node connecting the taxiway to runway 30? The AI would just pike up without being able to take off until they time out and disappear.
Usually happens with a displaced node  (or being too far)
best,
//Mike
Hi Mike,
As you can imagine, after reading today news, I am not going to bother about this..
https://fselite.net/news/orbx-announces-lybe-belgrade-airport-for-prepar3d-v4/?fbclid=IwAR0q4sFIR4I3k7F4Tr9_4Lq6A0FaQdADHs-feVLLnrDHvu4gzZxzT3euCDY
is quite funny, the week that i was releasing the LYTV SHS scenery with their old scenery redone, came the new LYTV by Digital, now this with Orbx. Are they sending me a message? LMAO

ha5mvo

« Reply #837 on: August 14, 2019, 08:56:40 pm »
Well, I guess there will be quite a few who won't jump on board the ORBX ship. This scenery is still good in spite of its age.
I'll try to fiddle with the AFCAD myself then...
Say, fancy doing Osijak??!  ;D ;D

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #838 on: August 14, 2019, 11:56:57 pm »
Well, I guess there will be quite a few who won't jump on board the ORBX ship. This scenery is still good in spite of its age.
I'll try to fiddle with the AFCAD myself then...
Say, fancy doing Osijak??!  ;D ;D
dont see any discontinuty in the taxi lane to rw30, send me a capture.
LDOS? yeah, i have that from the day I did LYBE, but just the GSX and the Dynlights, that aiport needs little to nothing...just vehicles on place. Will bring it out this friday with that days publication.
cheers

ha5mvo

« Reply #839 on: August 15, 2019, 02:35:18 pm »
Hi, I managed to fix it.
The issue is not discontinuity but rather the last segment connecting the taxiway to the runway is a regular taxi line. Changing this to a runway connection managed to convince the AI to enter the runway and take off.