Author Topic: PMDG 747-8 **NOW INTERNALLY SUPPORTED**  (Read 17103 times)

airbadger

PMDG 747-8 **NOW INTERNALLY SUPPORTED**
« on: September 23, 2018, 02:58:49 pm »
Well the -8 is out and of course nothing about GSX works with it right now. I'm trying to make a custom aircraft config, but GSX isn't acknowledging that the plane has chocks so it requires the parking brake to be set all the time. Is there anyway I can fix this on my end?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 09:31:50 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: PMDG 747-8
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2018, 09:31:38 pm »
With the Live Update released today, we added internal support for the new 747-800, in passenger and cargo version, so I removed the GSX.CFG posted earlier, since they are no longer required.

- Run the FSDT Live Update

- Be sure you don't have ANY previous GSX.CFG file you made or downloaded, either under %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Airplanes or under the Simobjects\Airplanes\PMDG 747-8 folders inside the simulator. If have such files, remove them, otherwise they'll take precedence over the GSX internal configuration.

This config also supports the usage of wheelchocks as an alternative to the parking brakes.

Patrick1246

Re: PMDG 747-8 **NOW INTERNALLY SUPPORTED**
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2018, 11:28:52 pm »
As soon as the Jetway is connected the Dome light starts flashing.
Any fix for this issue?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2018, 12:29:47 am »
As soon as the Jetway is connected the Dome light starts flashing.  Any fix for this issue? 

Thanks for your report, it's fixed again (if you run the Live Update again).

It was caused by the Battery Charger, which charges the standard default battery variable, which apparently had a side effect on the Dome light. Now, we disable entirely the Battery Charger if the airplane is flagged has having a custom battery, and a message will clarify that when the jetway connects.

pilotskcx

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2018, 04:53:58 pm »
GSX still says aircraft to small for parking. 

Koen

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2018, 06:11:56 pm »
GSX still says aircraft to small for parking. 
Just go into the airport position menu and look at the width that has been set because some heavy parking position are meant for slightly smaller aircraft. That why you need to hit the button next to that so auto adjust the width.

pilotskcx

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2018, 06:13:41 pm »
Will do that.  Can that be set  globally?

Thanks.

pilotskcx

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2018, 06:21:16 pm »
Ok, so not sure what you mean by hitting the button and for auto width.  If you're talking about the wing span and parking radius, it already automatically does this.  this still doesn't help any.

Koen

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2018, 09:51:58 pm »
Ok, so not sure what you mean by hitting the button and for auto width.  If you're talking about the wing span and parking radius, it already automatically does this.  this still doesn't help any.
It actually reads the wing span and parking radius from the afcad. I had an heavy position with 63 meters wingspan but the b748 I wanted to be used by gsx has a slightly larger wingspan of like 66 meters. This needed adjustments in the airport position.

pilotskcx

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2018, 10:36:23 pm »
Well, if it read the wingspan then we wouldn't be having this issue.  The wingspan and radius appears to be preset already.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2018, 10:41:35 pm »
Well, if it read the wingspan then we wouldn't be having this issue.  The wingspan and radius appears to be preset already.

Of course GSX reads the wingspan, and compares it with the parking radius in the AFCAD so, if GSX says it's too small, then IT IS too small, at least as far the AFCAD is concerned.

Now, this might be correct or not, GSX cannot possibly know (other than trusting the AFCAD) but, if you believe a parking *should* be able to fit a 747-8, that's what the GSX parking customization is there for: to override some things in the AFCAD, without redoing the AFCAD.

Just select the parkings you want, and click the small "airplane" icon, so it will automatically set the correct wingspan for the airplane you are currently in.

CptGombo

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2018, 06:29:20 pm »
I deleted the custom profile I had installed for the 747-8 and ran the FSDT live updater so I should have the config for the plane by fsdt (unless I missed something).
At gates with ctrl-j jetways GSX always asks me to open Door 1L while the jetways connects to the preffered exit 2L. Is this a problem only on my end or is there something wrong with the config supplied by fsdt?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2018, 06:40:53 pm »
At gates with ctrl-j jetways GSX always asks me to open Door 1L while the jetways connects to the preffered exit 2L. Is this a problem only on my end or is there something wrong with the config supplied by fsdt?

Just set the Preferred exit on door 2 in the airplane configuration editor (click on the door's name, to make it blue).

CptGombo

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2018, 11:10:20 pm »
I just checked and door 2L already was set as the preferred exit.
Another thing I just noticed:
With both the PMDG 747-400 and -8 the baggage loaders take really weird routes. They drive from the right hand side of the aircraft to the left and then through the plane to their positions (on the right side). This only happens since one of the latest updates.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 09:46:55 am by CptGombo »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2018, 11:20:40 am »
With both the PMDG 747-400 and -8 the baggage loaders take really weird routes. They drive from the right hand side of the aircraft to the left and then through the plane to their positions (on the right side). This only happens since one of the latest updates.

They surely don't. I checked it now, with the 747-8, and all loaders works normally. Please be sure you use the internal configuration that comes with GSX, by doing the following:

- Run the FSDT Live Update

- Be sure you don't have ANY previous GSX.CFG file you made or downloaded, either under %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Airplanes or under the Simobjects\Airplanes\PMDG 747-8 folders inside the simulator. If have such files, remove them, otherwise they'll take precedence over the GSX internal configuration.