Author Topic: problem installing KJFK v2  (Read 3237 times)

martinrc90

problem installing KJFK v2
« on: September 21, 2018, 08:48:31 am »
I recently had to reinstall Prepar 3d and as a result, uninstalled KJFK v2. But now am currently having issues reinstalling. it seems to get stuck when registering files.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: problem installing KJFK v2
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 01:23:53 pm »
It's possible to log the installation, to know more precisely at which step the error occurs, this way:

- Open a command prompt ( Start->CMD->Enter ) and go to the folder were the installer file is located (jfk2_fsx_setup.exe) , and type the following:

jfk2_fsx_setup.exe /LOG=logfile.txt

Run the installer and wait for the error to appear. A logfile.txt file should have been created in the same folder. ZIP it and send it to me by EMAIL, using the small mail icon under the fsdt logo in my forum avatar.

martinrc90

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 11:08:27 pm »
Thanks. I ran the task manager and attempted to end the setup. When I did that, I got the following message: " Unable to register the DLL/OCX: RegSvr32 with exit code 0x1". It gave me the option to Abort, retry or ignore. So I ignored it and it finished downloading. We'll see if it works properly. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2018, 11:11:04 pm »
I would still like to look at the log. Googling "Unable to register the DLL/OCX: RegSvr32 with exit code 0x1" returns almost 10.000 hits, from any kind of software.

martinrc90

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2018, 11:39:47 pm »
Okay. so Im assuming I need to uninstall it again before running the command prompt

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2018, 11:41:15 pm »
If you have a log for the previous run (that with the error), it's ok.