Author Topic: patcher.exe error messages  (Read 2699 times)

sieg

patcher.exe error messages
« on: September 20, 2018, 12:59:19 am »
Hi i purchased gsx level2 and during installation into fsx steam and fsx the program patcher.exe shows that the
application was unable to start correctly 0xc00000lb,appears  after the program patcher.exe indicates it will shut down a 2nd error message appears saying Error 255 running C:\program files (x86) \addon  manager \patcher.exe
which means the the extended attributes are inconsistent after it finishes the installation . The Flightsim program runs fine with the gsx level2 however the default jetways have not been removed . I still can add the different jetways from level2 however the default will still be present . I am using my Laptop window 8.1. Have tried reinstalling gsx level2 at least 10 times but no change . Also i used the gsx control program to disable the jetways with the same error messages !

Hope somebody can help me it is otherwise an awesome program

Sincerely Sieg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: patcher.exe error messages
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 03:46:23 pm »
Have you maybe installed GSX inside the simulator folder, instead of using the suggested folder ?

If yes, it's best if you uninstall it and reinstall it outside the simulator. You MUST reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" which is made at the end, so the next time, you'll be allowed to choose a different install location.

sieg

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2018, 07:48:44 am »
Hi !
First , Thank you for being so kind and try to help me . My Addon Manager Folder is installed in the install suggested Program Files(x86) . None of the Gsx program
folder is installed in my flightsimulator fsx steam folder . Hope this helps

Sincerely

Sieg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2018, 11:37:57 pm »
I'm sorry, but I cannot replicate the problem and nobody else reported it. I can only give you the standard advice of configuring the antivirus to exclude the whole Addon Manager folder from scanning because, whenever you see something strange, it's almost invariably the antivirus.

sieg

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2018, 07:17:37 am »
Thank You again for your reply ! I will try to work with the antivirus program and let you know the result!

respectfully

Sieg