Author Topic: Buidings disappeared after Zurich updated to 1.5.1  (Read 12373 times)

furger

Buidings disappeared after Zurich updated to 1.5.1
« on: June 11, 2009, 09:13:45 pm »
Hi,

I just have installed the new version 1.5.1 of Zurich for FSX and ended up with the problem that all buildings have gone. Before having done the update everything was fine.

In the Addons menu I do still see both the Addon Manager and the "Couatl powered plugins".

Any good ideas?

Andreas

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Buidings disappeared after Zurich updated to 1.5.1
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 10:54:59 pm »
In the Addons menu I do still see both the Addon Manager and the "Couatl powered plugins".

Which means all is good with the software. Are you sure that Zurich was installed (and in its own default folder, meaning you haven't moved it ) before applying the update ?

JamesChams

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 12:39:37 am »
furger / Virtuali,

I noticed this issue before when I was reinstalling KORD and KJFK.  I found that Windows (Vista 64 in my case) did NOT uninstall the previous version information from the Install Programs in the control panel and both version were listed, causing some strange disappearing/missing building and terminals at both these facilities.  So, I uninstalled all versions of those airports in Windows' Install Programs in the control panel, rebooted and re-installed the newer versions.  Then, Launched FSX, checked the Scenery library for the folders, clicked the OK button, and then shutdown FSX.  I finally rebooted and then re-launched FSX and all was fine.

I mention this here because it work for me each time I installed the updated sceneries and it might do the same for you.

Good Luck!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 12:52:28 am by virtuali »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 12:52:33 am »
I noticed this issue before when I was reinstalling KORD and KJFK.  I found that Windows (Vista 64 in my case) did NOT uninstall the previous version information from the Install Programs in the control panel and both version were listed, causing some strange disappearing/missing building and terminals at both these facilities.

This doesn't apply to this specific update, because the *updater* doesn't have an uninstaller to begin with, if the option to uninstall Zurich would be choosen from the Windows Control Panel, the whole scenery will be removed, not just the updated files.

furger

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 07:29:05 am »
Virtuali,

Zurich was installed in its own default folder. I have not moved it before applying the update.

Any other idea?

Andreas

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009, 07:55:25 am »
Have you tried to uninstall Zurich, reinstall the full version, then the update ?

furger

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2009, 08:11:07 am »
No, I haven't done that. But I will try it.

Just to be complete: Full version means http://www.mediafire.com/?nuzetnjnndj and update comes from http://www.mediafire.com/?ikveijlnjgo. Please inform if that's not correct.

@JamesChams

I think we are now on your solution pathway. Thank you (for the idea and the good wishes).
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 08:14:37 am by furger »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2009, 08:13:36 am »
Yes, that's right.

Andydigital

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2009, 05:11:25 pm »
I have this problem too, I have tried uninstalling an reinstalling the latest full download version of Zurich and I still cannot see the buildings. I first tried just the update and had the same problem so I removed Zurich then downloaded the latest full installer, still not working. Couatl or whatever its called is running and in the add-on menu along with the add-on manager too.

Zurich is working fine in FS9 with AES 2.01 as well.
Geneva with AES is also working fine in both simulators.

Cheers,
Andy.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2009, 05:57:16 pm »
Ok, found the problem, it was a wrong file on the server.

Don't re-download anything, just run the installer again, it will fetch the correct file.

Andydigital

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2009, 07:20:44 pm »
Thank you, that has fixed it.

Cheers,
Andy.

furger

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2009, 10:55:40 pm »
Same for me. The fix worked.

Thank you!

JamesChams

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2009, 05:20:10 am »
I concur; the fix worked fine for me!
Gracie!  ;D
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

mikpen14

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2009, 06:58:25 pm »
Is this what was happening to everyone else?

And if I read the other posts correctly, I just have to run my present installer again and not redownload it?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 07:17:35 pm by virtuali »

Andydigital

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2009, 07:08:53 pm »
And if I read the other posts correctly, I just have to run my present installer again and not redownload it?

That is correct, just run the installer again at which point the installer will download an update replacing the damaged file.

That is presuming of course you have the latest installer of the product already downloaded.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 07:10:38 pm by Andydigital »

Cheers,
Andy.