Author Topic: Seeing Cargo Loaders when Conveyor Belts Selected  (Read 3310 times)

garydpoole

Seeing Cargo Loaders when Conveyor Belts Selected
« on: September 16, 2018, 05:10:26 pm »
Hello

I may be missing something here, but since the latest update, I'm now seeing cargo loaders at all of my customised GSX parking locations even though both the Front and Rear Baggage Loaders are configured as Conveyor Belts ?

Is there a new option somewhere that explicitly disables them as I've never used them before and hence, have never seen them before, but now I can't get rid of them  ?

Thx

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Seeing Cargo Loaders when Conveyor Belts Selected
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 02:41:15 pm »
Nothing has changed with the last update. GSX always worked this way:

- The loaders you can set in the parking customization page are only effective if the airplane is configured with "Auto" in its own loader specification. AUTO means "let GSX decides" so, if the parking customization doesn't say otherwise, GSX will decide depending on the airplane door's height and the parking size.

- If you customized the parking with a different loader, the GSX decision on what to do when the airplane configuration is set to AUTO, is overridden by your setting.

- If the airplane configuration explicitly set either a conveyor belt or an ULD, the appropriate loader will be used instead, ignoring the one set by the parking.

- In ALL cases, there are restrictions. If your airplane door is lower than the lowest reach of the cargo loader, a belt loader will be used in any case, and if it's lower than the lowest the belt loader can reach, there will no loader at all.

garydpoole

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 08:43:59 am »
- If you customized the parking with a different loader, the GSX decision on what to do when the airplane configuration is set to AUTO, is overridden by your setting.

Hello

But as I said in my post, that's exactly what I have done (and always have done) by manually configuring them as conveyor belts. And in the past, that's all I would see.

Now I'm seeing two conveyor belts AND a cargo loader at the gate?

Thx
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 04:42:26 pm by garydpoole »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 08:44:56 am »
Now I'm seeing two conveyor belts AND a cargo loader at the gate?

Please re-read my explanation. If the airplane is not set to AUTO, the settings in the parking will be ignored.

garydpoole

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 04:54:05 pm »
- The loaders you can set in the parking customization page are only effective if the airplane is configured with "Auto" in its own loader specification.

I'm sorry, but now I'm totally confused ?

By "loader configuration" I assume that you're not referring to the Front and Rear Baggage Loader settings within the main GSX Configurations page ? However, in the excerpt below from the manual, it clearly states that this option is responsible for cargo loader, conveyor belt or none:

Even when this setting is set to 'None', the cargo loader still shows ?

Assuming the above settings no longer work correctly, where is the airplane 'loader configuration' configured to 'Auto' as you advise  ?

Thx

« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 10:11:52 pm by garydpoole »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2018, 10:14:51 pm »
By "loader configuration" I assume that you're not referring to the Front and Rear Baggage Loader settings within the main GSX Configurations page ?

There's nothing about loaders in the main GSX Configuration page. The Aircraft configuration page has options for the loader types, in the Cargo doors setting. It can be set to AUTO (default), Belt, or an ULD code, which will always call a Cargo loader.

However, in the excerpt below from the manual, it clearly states that this option is responsible for cargo loader, conveyor belt or none:

Well, it might not saying *very* clearly but, surely it doesn't say that option is responsible for the choice of loaders. It say it will "ALLOW" loaders but that, as I've said, it's only a 2nd-chance choice, when the airplane is "undecided", which means is set to "AUTO", which is the default, and means "chose depending on the cargo door height".

But if the airplane has explicitly set a loader, that will be used.