Author Topic: Error "GSX.DLC_Jetways" and "GSX" is out-dated  (Read 3259 times)

SimPat

Error "GSX.DLC_Jetways" and "GSX" is out-dated
« on: September 16, 2018, 09:18:19 pm »
My new installation of GSX Level 2 seemed to work great yesterday. Today I get an Error:

" The addon 'GSX.DLC_Jetways' is out-dated"
" the addon 'GSX' is out-dated."
Please download and install the latest FSDT Stand Alone Addon Manager.

I've accomplished the download and Live Update of the new Stand Alone Manager.
I've even tried to uninstall FSDreamTeam GSX version 2.5.0.5  and reinstall.

The file C:/Addon Manager/Addon Manager/couatl/GSX/DLC/Jetways/ _init_.pye
has a current date 9/16/2018

Not sure what to do next.

https://imgur.com/3w3xl8P

https://imgur.com/1GF5mwM
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 06:37:21 am by SimPat »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Error "GSX.DLC_Jetways" and "GSX" is out-dated
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 12:07:50 pm »
Run Live Update again, it's possible your local update server was still outdated.

SimPat

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 05:43:17 am »
No Joy on the "out-dated" error message.

I re-downloaded/installed    setup_addonmanagerX.exe  v4.5.0.6
I re-downloaded/installed    gsx_fsx_setup.exe  v2.5.0.6

Still getting the same two error messages.

Just to add more confusion to the problem.
 I've never been able to get Couatl_Updater.exe to work. Even on new down loads I get the "Can't connect to the internet ....." warning. I have to always us Couatl_Updater2.exe to get Live Update to work. What's the difference between the two updaters?  My anti-virus is turned off. The Firewall is disabled and Exclusion have been applied for both Updaters.  See pic below.

https://imgur.com/jqZT9m6

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 07:45:04 am »
I re-downloaded/installed    gsx_fsx_setup.exe  v2.5.0.6

Since the only version we have online now it's 2.5.0.8, this further confirm something is very wrong with your system, unless you downloaded it last week and are installing it now.

Just to add more confusion to the problem.  I've never been able to get Couatl_Updater.exe to work. Even on new down loads I get the "Can't connect to the internet ....." warning. I have to always us Couatl_Updater2.exe to get Live Update to work.

You have one and only problem: which is some software, either a firewall or antivirus, which is blocking the download of files. This cause BOTH the updater to fail AND the message about "out-dated" files.

Some users have more than a firewall or more than an antivirus running together, without even realizing it. I witnessed this first-hand when helping someone in remote assistance, someone who was also "sure" he turned off firewall and antivirus.

So, please, check *every* software you installed that might affect your internet connection, like an anti-spyware, and internet security, a VPN or anything that sounds remotely similar because, BOTH your issues are clearly caused by something which is disrupting the normal download of files.

Restarting the modem might help as well, to get a new IP.

SimPat

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 04:42:50 am »
Thanks for the advice. I was able to uninstall both the Addon Manager & GSX Level 2. Then I down loaded and successfully installed GSX Level 2 v2.5.0.8 and Addon Manager 4.5.0.6.. Both work great in P3Dv4.3 now..

Unfortunately only the Couatl_Updater2.exe will connect to the internet for updating. I'm going back and look at other possible anti-virus  / firewall / exclusion issues. I'll keep you informed what I find.

Can you inform me what the difference between or the reason for two different Couatl_Updaters.exe in the Addon Manager. this may help in my troubleshooting.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2018, 08:26:35 pm »
Can you inform me what the difference between or the reason for two different Couatl_Updaters.exe in the Addon Manager. this may help in my troubleshooting.

It's a two step process: the first one downloads only the latest version of the second step, which is really doing the update work. This way, we can "update the updater". Always start the first one, which is what the icon on the Desktop links to.