Author Topic: GPS not work after update  (Read 1874 times)

Kjelle

GPS not work after update
« on: June 15, 2020, 08:07:40 pm »
Hello.

GSX not worker for me in P3D v.4.5 . After latest update for P3D. 4.5, Windows 10 and GSX nothing happens when a push on Ctrl +F12.
When I try start GSX on menu/addons/GSX/ show GSX the entire simulator  is closed.
I have reinstall SODE 1.7.1 and update GSX after that but the problem is remains. What is wrong?
Kjelle

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GPS not work after update
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2020, 10:39:15 pm »
When I try start GSX on menu/addons/GSX/ show GSX the entire simulator  is closed.

There's no such thing as a "show GSX" menu entry. Maybe you mean the "Disable GSX" entry, which will turn into "Enable GSX" if your previous disabled it ? If you disable it, it's normal it won't work, so you must re-enable it.

And not, it's not possible that selecting GSX would close the simulator.

In any case, the usual suggestions are:

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the whole Addon Manager folder

- Be sure the firewall is not blocking the updater.

- Run the FSDT Live update again.

Kjelle

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2020, 10:33:03 am »
It still did not work. I have deactivate Virusprogram and it not helps. GSX is activate in Addon Manager. Nothing happens when I push on the keys Ctrl+F12.
When I try push on GSX in menu/addon the simulator is closed.
GSX works in P3D V.5.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2020, 09:24:03 pm »
It still did not work. I have deactivate Virusprogram and it not helps

That's because nowhere I said you should deactivate the antivirus. That won't work because the low-level window service is still running and we experienced first hand they still interfere even if they "look" disabled. That's why I said to add the Addon Manager folder to the antivirus exclusions and NOT disabled it.

GSX is activate in Addon Manager. Nothing happens when I push on the keys Ctrl+F12.

First, the default key for GSX it's CTRL+Shift+F12. If you have another add-on that use that key, you must be sure it's not shared with GSX, since no two add-ons can use the same key.

When I try push on GSX in menu/addon the simulator is closed.

As I've said, it's simply not possible that GSX would close the simulator. Something else is closing the simulator. Perhaps a wrong setting in your video card is causing the sim to crash when an otherwise perfectly normal GSX object is being created, but the problem is the setting, not GSX.

GSX works in P3D V.5.

Clearly proving your problem is some setting in P3D 4.5. Try to remove these folders:

%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d V4
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d V4
%PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d V4

This will restore all settings to default.