Author Topic: Disabling Multiple .BGL files  (Read 3529 times)

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Disabling Multiple .BGL files
« on: September 18, 2018, 06:49:42 am »
I have a question regarding disabling jetways in multiple .BGL files. Is it possible to come up with a way to allow the exclude file to be able to exclude the jetways from multiple .BGL files? I was trying to work on some jetways for the FlyTampa YSSY, and whilst the animated jetways are in the AFCAD file and can therefore be disabled via the customize parking position menu, the non-animated jetways cannot. I have discovered that there are seven different .BGL files for the non-animated jetways. The logical thing to do would be to move them out of the scenery folder, but the problem in this instance is several jetways appear to be fixed-position jetways, so I don't believe I would be able to use any of the SODE jetways to replace those. I am now stuck in a position where if I remove those .BGL files, it would wipe out all the jetways, including the fixed-position jetways, with the result that only some of the jetways that were removed would be replaced by SODE jetways, whilst others would just leave a blank hole where the fixed-position jetways would have been. Of course, if I don't remove those .BGL files, there is no way I am going to be able to add SODE jetways to replace the non-animated jetways.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Disabling Multiple .BGL files
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 07:53:52 am »
The ability to exclude jetways is entirely unrelated to how many .BGLs they use. Exclude files are not tied to a .BGL, they exclude everything by Lat/Lon coordinates.

The only thing that matters, is if they are modeled independently from their terminal. If they aren't, the only possible way to exclude them, is to do what I've suggested here, which is not for the faint of heart, and it's not something we suggest to do to the regular user:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18401.msg128495.html#msg128495

While in case of "proper" animated jetways, it seems the position of the Exclude Area in the Scenery Library is not important, it's possible that, in order to exclude normal objects, you must be sure the Exclude area is on top of the Scenery Library.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 06:45:01 am »
Maybe you know something I don't. This is what I'm seeing after compiling the exclude file. The ignore jetway radius was set to 36 meters. Is 36 meters not enough?
Captain Kevin

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 05:24:05 pm »
Also around 1:28:00 is what was happening at Aerosoft EDDF. 1:30:00 is where the parking screen is, and the exclude file is there. At 1:38:15 is the result after I moved one of the .BGL files out of the scenery folder for testing purposes. The jetways that disappeared after I did this appear to be the animated jetways.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/312023257
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 07:23:41 pm »
I tried the same and, as you can see, I could exclude the animated Jetway at Aerosoft EDDF B42, just by using the Exclude file function, with the default range of 1 meter, and without removing the library .BGL from the scenery.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 08:20:34 pm by virtuali »

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2018, 07:48:21 pm »
It says invalid YouTube link, so I can't see what you're seeing, but in any event, is there any reason why I would be having issues?
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2018, 08:21:39 pm »
It says invalid YouTube link, so I can't see what you're seeing, but in any event, is there any reason why I would be having issues?

Fixed it. No, I don't understand. The only thing I did differently, is that I create the Exclude first and exited the sim immediately, because I prefer working without the old jetway in the way.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2018, 11:43:33 pm »
I wonder if that would make a difference. I only leave it there, so I know exactly where the jetway actually is. In any event, I'm getting ready to go back to work, so the earliest I would be able to look at this again would be in the end of October.
Captain Kevin

headley

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2018, 05:49:58 pm »
While in case of "proper" animated jetways, it seems the position of the Exclude Area in the Scenery Library is not important, it's possible that, in order to exclude normal objects, you must be sure the Exclude area is on top of the Scenery Library.

If i read this correct there must be an exclude area in the scenery library?
This can be the reason why all my excluded jetways don't disappear?
What entry do i have to include in the scenery library?  "[...]\FsDreamTeam\Exclude\Scenery" ?
Or am i completely wrong?

Thanks for your support.
Regards,

William V.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2018, 07:31:36 pm »
If i read this correct there must be an exclude area in the scenery library?

Yes, the installer will create it.

This can be the reason why all my excluded jetways don't disappear?

If you don't have it anymore for some reason, then yes, that's precisely why you cannot exclude jetways.

What entry do i have to include in the scenery library?  "[...]\FsDreamTeam\Exclude\Scenery" ?

Normally, you shouldn't do anything. Since you don't say if you use P3D or FSX, I can only guess you use FSX, since on FSX it's probably easier to lost a Scenery Library entry, because all sceneries use the same scenery.cfg so, if you (again, I'm only GUESSING why you don't have the entry) used a 3rd party utility that plays with the scenery.cfg, and might have restored it to a state *before* you installed GSX, this might explain why the entry, which you can be sure the GSX installed added, is not there anymore.

So yes, you could just add the Addon Manager\FsDreamTeam\Exclude folder to the Scenery Library manually, but I would rather investigate the reason why you don't have it in the first place.

headley

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2018, 09:32:46 pm »
Aha...
So i aded manually the exclude folder to the library and now everything is working as it should :)
I'm using P3Dv4.3
No idea why this folder is no longer in my library, but now i know where to look for.
Regards,

William V.