Author Topic: Increasing Passenger Bus turn around time, and raised jetways  (Read 1554 times)

paulh1

Increasing Passenger Bus turn around time, and raised jetways
« on: September 18, 2018, 04:53:55 am »
Hi
I have just installed GSX 2  I fly the 747-400 which loads about 465 passengers.
I have set the timing option to insane. This give a fairly realistic boarding rate when no jet-ways are available, using the boarding ladders.
I use all 3 left hand doors.
The problem is the bus turn around time. The first bus wont leave until all 90 passengers are actually on board.
The second bus wont leave until the first bus is over half way back to the terminal. This is unrealistic and is holding up the whole boarding process.
I have to go through 6 buses to get all on board. In real life the buses would be coming in as the last bus left, having a continuous stream of passengers,
thus speeding the whole process up.
Is there any option to decrease the bus turn around time. Or do I wait for GSX to realise how inefficient it is right now.

The other problem I have is only at one airport EBBR
I have been editing all the jetways at the gates I arrive at, at the airports I use.
As mentioned I fly the 747 so I set up two jetways to speed boarding times.
However at this airport all the jetways are about 50 feet suspended in the air. However all the other scenery is on the ground, so it does not seem
to be an elevation issue.
Does anyone know how to rectify this.
I have tried editing using the Q and Z key however that dose'nt work.
The jetways work and extend to the aircraft, however they are 50 ft above it.

Regards  Paul

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Increasing Passenger Bus turn around time, and raised jetways
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 07:57:33 am »
In real life the buses would be coming in as the last bus left, having a continuous stream of passengers, thus speeding the whole process up. Is there any option to decrease the bus turn around time. Or do I wait for GSX to realise how inefficient it is right now.

You can turn off the Multiple Trips option so, you'll have a magic bus which holds all passengers, cutting off the bus turnaround time to 0.

However at this airport all the jetways are about 50 feet suspended in the air. However all the other scenery is on the ground, so it does not seem to be an elevation issue.
Does anyone know how to rectify this.

Do you have an Orbx scenery ? If yes, you can try disabling the airport from the vector configuration utility.