Author Topic: Lights  (Read 4533 times)

Teetwo

Lights
« on: September 18, 2018, 01:18:05 am »
I'm not sure if my runway/airport lighting is correct but I'm seeing a lot of square lights. I'm hoping someone can take a look at the attached images and let me know if it correct or not.

I'm thinking it's not because it's nowhere near the quality I'm seeing at my other FSDreamTeam airports. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the scenery, and have even deleted all of my FSDreamTeam airports off my computer. None of this has worked for me.

If the lighting is wrong I'm hoping someone can direct me to a fix for this issue.

Thanks in advanced. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Lights
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 08:12:12 am »
I'm thinking it's not because it's nowhere near the quality I'm seeing at my other FSDreamTeam airports. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the scenery, and have even deleted all of my FSDreamTeam airports off my computer.

Of course uninstalling the fsdreamteam sceneries didn't make any difference: the problem were never the sceneries to begin with. The runway lights normally looks rounded, as in the attached screenshot.

Have you installed something that might affect rendering, like PTA, Tomato shader, etc ?

Teetwo

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 02:53:53 am »

Of course uninstalling the fsdreamteam sceneries didn't make any difference: the problem were never the sceneries to begin with. The runway lights normally looks rounded, as in the attached screenshot.

Have you installed something that might affect rendering, like PTA, Tomato shader, etc ?

Thanks for replying virtuali.

I am using PTA and will revert back to my default shaders to see if that has any effect. It just seems strange that if it is the cause that it would only affect the lights at KDFW.

Edit - Reverted back to default shaders with no change to the lighting. But, after looking at your image again I noticed that you too have square lights around the terminal area which leads me to believe that this is just how this scenery is :(

« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 03:27:43 am by Teetwo »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 10:57:14 pm »
But, after looking at your image again I noticed that you too have square lights around the terminal area which leads me to believe that this is just how this scenery is

I think this is the result of mip-mapping, since the scenery use totally custom lights with custom mipmaps, which is what allows some features normally not possible with default lights, like the FAROS, THL and REL lights. Lights closer to you are definitely round.

B777ER

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2018, 08:15:03 am »
I'm thinking it's not because it's nowhere near the quality I'm seeing at my other FSDreamTeam airports. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the scenery, and have even deleted all of my FSDreamTeam airports off my computer.

Umberto, I was about to post a separate topic about the lights at DFW but I'll use your pic instead. Is there any way you all can just update the texture for the green center line lights? The center of them now have a yellow hue to them. You can see in your pic the center of the green texture is actually yellow. Any way to make them more like say your KSDF green center line lights? Those are outstanding at Louisville.
Eric