Author Topic: Limit number of passengers boarding  (Read 2844 times)

Navigator40

Limit number of passengers boarding
« on: September 17, 2018, 01:54:48 pm »
Good day guys, how can I limit the number of passengers boarding on the plane. I flew a Boeing 737-800 last night and 139 passengers boarded and it took over 20 mins. While that is realistic, I’m just wondering how I can limit it from 139 down to 100
Angus Rowlands i7 9700k, GTX 1080ti

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Limit number of passengers boarding
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 02:32:09 pm »
GSX manual, Page 29:

Estimate passengers number

If this option is disabled, GSX will always ask confirmation from the user about the number of passengers onboard. If the option is enabled, GSX will estimate the passenger number automatically, without asking confirmation. By default, the option is enabled, which mimics the standard behavior GSX always had until this version.

And, you can use the "Passenger Density" slider to reduce boarding times as well. With some fps cost, of course.

Navigator40

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2018, 02:54:39 pm »
Ok thanks guys  :)
Angus Rowlands i7 9700k, GTX 1080ti

Roberto-53

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2018, 01:03:51 pm »
I have a suggestion to have the GSX L2 boarding time equal to the one we had before the introduction of L2.

We can still input in GSX the exact passengers numbers we have in our FMC or lets GSX to define the passengers numbers.
At this point GSX will estimate the numbers of baggages to load, this is an important step!

For the passengers in GSX L2 we can only define the density according to which simulator we are running and how powerfull is our PC.
In my case to board 130 passengers ... I can go to have lunch before the boarding is completed.

Now is coming the idea.... In GSX setting panel let's add a flag to stop the passengers boarding as soon as the baggages boarding is completed.

WE will have the complete boarding process with the same timing we add before GSX L2 but with the bonus to be able to keep an eye on those beatifull passengers boarding while we the are setting up the plane.

Of course physically we will boarding less passengers. If we we want to watch 100 or more passengers boarding... just don't use the flag.

Regards

Roberto

DreamSkywards

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2018, 02:08:24 pm »
You can always speed the sim up from its own options. That's what I do.

Roberto-53

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2018, 02:29:10 pm »
If you fly for a V.A. you can't speed up the Sim.

Regards

Roberto