Author Topic: ImagineSim VIDP GSX L2 Compatible v1.1  (Read 13837 times)

karank

ImagineSim VIDP GSX L2 Compatible v1.1
« on: September 16, 2018, 08:32:44 pm »
Rename 'jetways_01.bgl' to 'jetways_01.OFF' in your VIDP scenery folder to exclude default jetways.
Place the '000_VIDP_GSX_JWEXCL.XML' file in: \FSDT Addon Manager\FsDreamTeam\Exclude
Place the 'vidp-ciulzs.INI' file in: C:\Users\<YOURUSERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali\GSX

*Be sure to open the INI file and change the 'afcad_path =' to wherever you have the scenery installed, else GSX may not recognize the file.*

This will give you the following:
1. SODE jetways in place of all static jetways in the scenery
2. Accurate parking stop position
3. Accurate GSX ground vehicle placement
4. Correct airline assignment codes

I've only managed to work on the jetway stands for now so all remote stands or stands without jetways MIGHT have some ground vehicle anomalies.
I'll likely update this at a future date.
Other than that, if you find any bugs, please let me know and most of all - enjoy!

UPDATE: The attached AFCAD enables Terminal 2 at VIDP and integrates SODE jetways as well. Please download all 3 files again if you're visiting this page after 07th October 2018
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 03:29:37 pm by karank »

Numair999

Re: ImagineSim VIDP GSX L2 Compatible
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 01:56:17 am »
Great Job Karan.,! really appreciate it. :D
Was hoping if you could do Thai creations Mumbai as well., ;)

karank

Re: ImagineSim VIDP GSX L2 Compatible
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2018, 08:14:34 am »
Great Job Karan.,! really appreciate it. :D
Was hoping if you could do Thai creations Mumbai as well., ;)

Thank you. Next up, VABB as requested :)

Update: VABB now available: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18879.0.html
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 11:52:45 am by karank »

karank

Re: ImagineSim VIDP GSX L2 Compatible v1.1
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2018, 03:30:30 pm »
VIDP now updated to v1.1 which includes Terminal 2 and that fully completes this airport. In order to enable Terminal 2 in your scenery, make sure to download the attached AFCAD in the initial post as well.

r22s7

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2018, 11:37:10 pm »
https://image.ibb.co/gAycoA/vidp-jetways.jpg

Where have I gone wrong? I installed it as per the instructions, why are all my jetways detached from the terminal?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 11:11:23 am by virtuali »

karank

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2018, 06:52:23 pm »
https://image.ibb.co/gAycoA/vidp-jetways.jpg

Where have I gone wrong? I installed it as per the instructions, why are all my jetways detached from the terminal?

Hi, it seems like the scenery isn't loading up all the terminal structures in your sim. Could you check what your scenery density is set to? Turn it up to Dense/Very dense or higher and you should see an auxiliary building connected to the main terminal which is used for boarding/deboarding. The jetways are connected to this structure which is why it seems like they're attached to nothing right now.

The developer has set certain structures appear only when the density for airport autogen is set to a high setting in order to save on performance, most likely. You can edit this setting in the AFCAD through programs like Airport Design Editor and have all objects load up at a lower density.

The attachment below shows what it's supposed to look like.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 06:58:57 pm by karank »

r22s7

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2018, 11:57:01 pm »
Hi, it seems like the scenery isn't loading up all the terminal structures in your sim. Could you check what your scenery density is set to? Turn it up to Dense/Very dense or higher and you should see an auxiliary building connected to the main terminal which is used for boarding/deboarding. The jetways are connected to this structure which is why it seems like they're attached to nothing right now.

The developer has set certain structures appear only when the density for airport autogen is set to a high setting in order to save on performance, most likely. You can edit this setting in the AFCAD through programs like Airport Design Editor and have all objects load up at a lower density.

The attachment below shows what it's supposed to look like.

Fixed it, I accidentally disabled the wrong BGL. :)

atrailblazer7

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2019, 11:08:25 am »
Just curious...in naming ini file so GSX can read it...what do you name it?  Example: C:\Program Files\Imagine Simulation\VIDP New Delhi P3Dv4\scenery
That is what mine is and the jetways still don't show.  Did I miss something?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2019, 11:25:53 am »
Just curious...in naming ini file so GSX can read it...what do you name it?

Look at Page 36 of the GSX manual, the chapter named "Note for scenery developers".

ashun

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2019, 11:01:26 am »
Is new AFCAD valid for FSX or only for P3D

Thanks
Ash

Raphael

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2019, 04:44:04 am »
Thanks, working perfectly!  8)

FlyHardiQ

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2019, 06:08:27 am »
For some reason the T2 jetways do not connect to the aircraft, any clues? I have tried re positioning the aircraft but no luck, it says that jetways cant move at this position

Regards

karank

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2019, 12:02:26 pm »
Is new AFCAD valid for FSX or only for P3D

Thanks
Ash

I only use P3D so the work was done in P3D. I don't know if they will work with FSX but you can give it a shot (if you haven't already) and let us know. Thanks

Thanks, working perfectly!  8)

Glad you're enjoying it :)

For some reason the T2 jetways do not connect to the aircraft, any clues? I have tried re positioning the aircraft but no luck, it says that jetways cant move at this position

Regards

Strange, they seem to work fine here and I haven't seen this issue come up elsewhere. Are you sure you're using my modified AFCAD BGL (link in OP) and it replaced the existing AFCAD in the scenery?

FlyHardiQ

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2019, 07:03:13 am »
Jetways at T2 dont seem to work seems like a bug

N76055

• AirTeamImages
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2022, 06:42:09 am »
For those like me trying to get this thing to work in P3Dv5... Install the original FSX version to a random folder, and move the terminal_receptions and jetway_library bgls to your P3D VIDP installation. No discernable performance difference and prevents the 'receptions' from disappearing.