Author Topic: Taxing to the gate after landing!  (Read 13398 times)

8thfw_maverick

Taxing to the gate after landing!
« on: June 09, 2009, 04:44:32 pm »
Hello folks,

First I want to say hello in this forum. This is now my first posting after I buyed the great add-ons JFK and O'Hare.

Now to my problem!
After landing in JFK and contacting ground-control I can't select any gate or parking position for my aircraft. In the menu I can only find a choice of directions for departure.

Can anybody help me?

Greetings from Germany

Oliver

8thfw_maverick

Re: Taxing to the gate after landing!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 10:22:25 am »
Did nobody have this problem?

Best regards

Oliver

sticky1202

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 03:52:51 pm »
Is it possible all the parking spots/gates are full?

8thfw_maverick

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 05:04:35 pm »
Hello Sticky,

Regarding your question if all parking spots or gates are full I can say no. In the last hours I made some differents arrivals to JFK and I never become a instruction for taxing to parking spot or gate. There are a lot of parking positions free.

In O'Hara, Cologne or Frankfurt I have no problem like this.

Yesterday I have installed the add-on again, but the problem is simply the same!

8thfw_maverick

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 08:46:39 pm »
I have now made some different tests. But the problem with the add-on is the same !!!

I reduced the traffic to 0% and have installed JFK with the original AFCAD-file. I never become a instruction for taxing to parking spot or gate.

The next test was with the standart scenerie of the FS9. There was no problem and I received the instruction for taxing!

Where is my problem? Can anybody from the support of FSD help me?

Greetings

Oliver

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 10:56:56 pm »
I'm sorry, but nobody else ever reported this problem before, so it's surely not a problem of the scenery. Usually, this kind of problems are caused by other AFCADs from other products that should be removed. They usually come with traffic packages, for example.

8thfw_maverick

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2009, 07:53:47 pm »
After a crash of my harddisk I must installed a new complete system of vista 64-bit on my computer.

So I had the chance to have a clean installation of the FS9 with patch 9.1

After that I installed only JFK - but the problem was the same. I have made some different tests and the result I will post here in the next day!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2009, 11:51:36 pm »
I can only confirm that the problem doesn't appear here, and you are still the only one report it.

Note that, we never tested and never guaranteed that any of our sceneries for FS9 are compatibile with Vista 64, if you see system requirements, we clearly state that Vista 64 compatibility is guaranteed in FSX only. This doesn't mean we are sure they do not work but, simply, that we can't offer any support for FS9 under Vista 64.

Anyway, here's a screenshot from JFK after contacting ground control when landed.

8thfw_maverick

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2009, 11:48:03 am »
Ok virtuali - Vista 64-bit could be a reason for the "mistake". But I didn't have this problem in Chicago O'Hare!

And that nobody reports here the same problem didn't say that nobody have the same problem! Maybe they can ignore it or never notice that!

My question to the community: Didn't have anybody the same problem by using Vista 64-bit?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2009, 12:28:02 pm »
Ok virtuali - Vista 64-bit could be a reason for the "mistake". But I didn't have this problem in Chicago O'Hare!

I doubt it, I haven't mentioned Vista 64 because I think this might create the problem, but only to remind you that we don't test FS9 under this config.

And that nobody reports here the same problem didn't say that nobody have the same problem! Maybe they can ignore it or never notice that!

Highly unlikely, considering the number of copies sold by JFK, and that we have seen bug reports of far less important of noticeable stuff.

8thfw_maverick

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2009, 06:46:32 pm »
Virtuali - I have made a very interested notice!

I have installed today JFK also for FSX. After leaving the runway I also received the order to contact "Newark Ground 121,80". After this information I received a second order to contact "Kennedy Ground 121,65". But the difference to FS9 is that I can after contacting Kennedy Ground select the taxi to the gates!

What is the problem with "Newark Ground 121,80" in the JFK scenery for FSX and FS9?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2009, 07:32:54 pm »
What is the problem with "Newark Ground 121,80" in the JFK scenery for FSX and FS9?

Apart for the fact that I can't see it here, it's nothing related to our scenery, the only thing that *might* cause this, would be another Newark scenery with a range too high that overlaps JFK.

There are 3 Ground frequencies in the JFK ACAD, but none of them it's 121,80 so, it can only come from another scenery.

8thfw_maverick

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2009, 08:09:22 pm »
I now and think like you but I have only installed JFK from FSD. Airport Newark is the default!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2009, 08:23:18 pm »
Then it might a problem of the default scenery.  As I've said, there's no 121,80 frequency anywere in our scenery, and surely it's not named "Newark".

Of course, I'm assuming you are using the current JKF version, and you have not moved the JFK scenery layer in the library from the top position, which is were the installer puts it anyway. If you move it too down the list, the AFCAD might not be able to exclude the default scenery.

8thfw_maverick

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2009, 07:27:13 pm »
Virtuali, please stay realistic. I have a new installed system with FS9 + Patch 9.1 and FSX SP2 with JFK for both simulator. In both simulator I have this problem with the ground frequency.

In the last two hours I made a test flight from Washington to JFK. In both flights I had the problem with "Newark Ground 121,80" at JFK. OK, in the FSX I coult after leaving the runway select taxi to the gate.

Then I delete JFK in the FS9 and FSX and flight the same test flight from Washington to JFK. In both versions I shall contact "Kennedy Ground 121,65" after leaving the runway. Then I could select taxi to the gate in both simulator.

Where is now the mistake? Why didn't I have the problem with the ground frequency in the default scenerys?

To your question. I have now installed JFK again and the JFK scenery layer in the library is at the top position. I started again a test flight from Washington to JFK and the problem is there again!

Did absolutly nobody here have the same problem?