Author Topic: FSDT KJFK Gate 221 Jetways  (Read 4834 times)

trisho0

FSDT KJFK Gate 221 Jetways
« on: September 15, 2018, 02:07:35 am »
After loaded the 737 in KJFK Gate 221 (21) in P3Dv4 and also FSX is visible outside 2 jetways and almost crossed. Is it normal? I think it should be only one jetway …

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSDT KJFK Gate 221 Jetways
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 10:01:41 am »
You probably haven't run the current Live Update or, you ran it, but didn't allowed to replace the AFCAD at KJFK, which we updated very recently to remove the old jetways.

trisho0

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2018, 07:47:10 pm »
You probably haven't run the current Live Update or, you ran it, but didn't allowed to replace the AFCAD at KJFK, which we updated very recently to remove the old jetways.

I see … every time I run Live Update it asks me if it's fine to replace the AFCAD and I say yes. Then a later time or a day after, I run Live Update again and same question that I keep answering yes. Is there something wrong or something else I can try?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2018, 07:58:01 pm »
If you replied Yes once, you shouldn't even see the same question again! That question pops out ONLY if the AFCAD you have on disk is different than the one we have online so, it won't come out again, until you either modify the AFCAD, or in case we'll update it again.

FYI, the current AFCAD for JFK  ( KFJK_FSDT.BGL in the Addon Manager\Fsdreamteam\KJFK\scenery folder ), is 81.056 bytes long. The one with the old jetways is surely larger.

trisho0

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2018, 05:02:25 am »
If you replied Yes once, you shouldn't even see the same question again! That question pops out ONLY if the AFCAD you have on disk is different than the one we have online so, it won't come out again, until you either modify the AFCAD, or in case we'll update it again.

FYI, the current AFCAD for JFK  ( KFJK_FSDT.BGL in the Addon Manager\Fsdreamteam\KJFK\scenery folder ), is 81.056 bytes long. The one with the old jetways is surely larger.

I found the file KJFK_FSDT.bgl (81.056 bytes in Scenery\Backup folder while in the Scenery folder was a larger file size. I swapped leaving the correct file in place and resolved the double jetways.
Thanks a lot for your professional Support and Help.

shylock

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2018, 06:54:41 am »
Same issue with me. It was in my backup after uninstalling and reinstalling fresh. But now I have 3 types of jetways there.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 07:10:22 am by shylock »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2018, 11:30:52 am »
Same issue with me. It was in my backup after uninstalling and reinstalling fresh. But now I have 3 types of jetways there.

I'm not sure what do you mean with "It was in my backup", and what you did with that backup. A backup AFCAD is not active and, you should leave it inactive, because we updated it to REMOVE jetways from it so, if you restored the backup, you created the double jetways.

To be sure you see JFK as we made it, with SODE jetways and nothing else:

- run the FSDT Live Update and ALLOW to replace the ACAD when asked.

- remove any customization you might have made for JFK in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX folder

- Be sure you haven't created a DONTUPDATE file in the  Addon Manager\Fsdreamteam\KJFK\scenery folder. If you did, this file prevents the whole folder to be updated. I was always opposed to allowing this trick, but users that like to change the AFCAD asked for it, so we added it.

shylock

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2018, 06:52:11 pm »
So I reinstalled JFKV2 and ran update after and still have double jetways. I have no the sceneries for JFK installed. I'm using p3DV4.3 and GSX2.

http://i1360.photobucket.com/albums/r657/Shylock_7/2018-10-2_12-54-1-294_zpsuy0qt1se.jpg
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 11:12:51 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2018, 11:14:17 pm »
So I reinstalled JFKV2 and ran update after and still have double jetways. I have no the sceneries for JFK installed. I'm using p3DV4.3 and GSX2.

Yes, you DO have another scenery for JFK installed. The double jetways are not ours, they are not the old ones before we replace them with SODE, they are a different model, not part of our scenery.

You must have had another scenery for JFK, which hasn't been removed properly.