Author Topic: Couatl scripting engine hasn't started **SOLVED**  (Read 54567 times)

pulli70

Re: Couatl scripting engine hasn't started **SOLVED**
« Reply #150 on: December 22, 2021, 03:30:08 pm »

- You have added the WHOLE Addon manager FOLDER to the antivirus EXCLUSION.

The exclusion list of my Windows Defender settings (see attach)

- You run the FSDT Live Update again.

Done

Also, from your screenshot, it seems something's odd: you have a double entry for LH simulation, is this normal ? It might be an indication of a problem with your P3D settings, which might also be a reason why GSX is not working.

I have uninstall the appropriate addon scenery from LHSimulations (so the double entry in the Addon Menu disappeared)
-> No Success.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #151 on: December 22, 2021, 10:34:37 pm »
Try to do a Live Update after a Windows restart.

pulli70

« Reply #152 on: December 24, 2021, 02:32:49 pm »

I will try this when I am back at home (and my Flightsim Computer) on 31.12.

Merry Christmas to you!

pulli70

« Reply #153 on: December 31, 2021, 01:03:29 pm »

Done this several times (as well as uninstall/reinstall GSX (including Addon Manager)).

And every time I get the same error message when I will register GSX.

Now I am a little bit desperate... I use GSX about four years and never had any issues - until now... Is there any chance to activate GSX for my P3D?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #154 on: December 31, 2021, 01:43:14 pm »
And every time I get the same error message when I will register GSX.

You must try to be more precise in your report. Does it mean:

- GSX works normally in Trial, and you get the message about the antivirus/firewall ONLY when you try to register ( suggesting a crash happening when registering, which might be related to a problem with .NET in your PC )

OR

- Nothing is working, not even at startup so GSX never starts, not even in Trial ? This would require a completely different troubleshooting approach.

pulli70

« Reply #155 on: December 31, 2021, 02:18:32 pm »
OK, the behavior is always the same as discribed in the posts #146 and #148:

1. (Re-)install GSX
2. Restart Windows 10
3. FSDT Life Update
4. Start P3D
5. In the Add-ons menu only the Addon Manager appears (no GSX, GSX Trial or something else)
6. Click on "Addon Manager" starts the Addon Manager 5.0.0.2
7. In the Product Windows I choose "GSX" and click on "Register Serial"
8. Error Message appears (see attachment)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #156 on: December 31, 2021, 02:22:27 pm »
OK, the behavior is always the same as discribed in the posts #146 and #148:

That's what I was trying to say: so it's NOT what you reported in your last post #153, where you said "I get the same error message when I will register GSX" so no, it's not happening when registering, instead, it's not starting.

Having confirmed it's not starting  (rather than crashing when trying to register), follow the procedure posted HERE:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,24332.msg161589.html#msg161589

Which allows you to create a diagnostic log even if the program doesn't start. ZIP your log here and Attach it to a post, so I can check it.

pulli70

« Reply #157 on: December 31, 2021, 02:47:16 pm »
As described I send you a LOG-File in the attachment.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #158 on: December 31, 2021, 03:03:49 pm »
Your log confirms what I always suspected: you firewall/antivirus has blocked the download of some files and let pass others, causing a mixup of versions.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the whole Addon Manager folder

- Be ABSOLUTELY SURE you don't have a firewall that might block the updater

- Run the FSDT Live Update again.

pulli70

« Reply #159 on: December 31, 2021, 04:47:24 pm »
A really crazy ending of the year 2021...

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the whole Addon Manager folder

already done (don't know what I still have to do)

- Be ABSOLUTELY SURE you don't have a firewall that might block the updater

Windows Defender Firewall is completely disabled.

- Run the FSDT Live Update again.
I run it again and again and again.......

-> No success

Maybe another thought:
It is possible that there exists additional firewalls at my Internet provider.
I can remember that (a few years ago) I had similar update problems with the ActiveSky Addon. The support team from Hifi-Simulations told me then that my former internet provider blocked the update process from a special server in Denver (USA). However my internet provider could not solve this issue (probably a very rare case), so I change my provider and the problem disappeared.
So it is possible that here is a similar problem. For three weeks I have a new internet provider: so it may be that there is a relation to GSX updating process?
I can contact my provider and tell him this problem, but I think I need more informations. Is there a particular Server URL which is in use for the GSX updating process?

I wish you a happy New Year!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #160 on: December 31, 2021, 05:09:41 pm »
already done (don't know what I still have to do)

Have you done it AFTER my last post ?

So it is possible that here is a similar problem. For three weeks I have a new internet provider: so it may be that there is a relation to GSX updating process?

You should now better than me, if you happened to notice this failure to update happened *about* that time.

I can contact my provider and tell him this problem, but I think I need more informations. Is there a particular Server URL which is in use for the GSX updating process?

In general, everything is downloaded from these URLs

http://update.virtualisoftware.com  ( no, you can't click on them and see if they work with the browser, you will get a permission error, and this is normal )
http://update.fsdreamteam.com

They contains both set of files, one is a backup mirror the updater will switch to in case the other is not responding. However, is NOT that simple, because you are not really connecting there, your actual connection will be with your local Cloudflare node. Cloudflare has a network of 250+ servers around the world:

https://www.cloudflare.com/network/

And you should usually connect to the one closest to you, but this is completely outside our control, it's done by Cloudflare.

We noticed that users having issues with Cloudflare are MOST of the times users living in countries with censored internet ( China, mainly, but there are others too ) because, since most of the websites use Cloudflare to ease network load and speed up the connection, those countries find easier to just firewall Cloudflare nodes, rather than having to setup complex rules to sort out billions of IPs.

So yes, it's possible that, even if your internet connection is not really "censored", your ISP might have placed a block over the Cloudflare node that happened to be the one you connect to when running the updater.

I can see with the forum software that you are using the Frankfurt Cloudflare node, at IP 162.158.90.5 (thousands of users are probably connected to it so, I'm not sharing anything private), which means it's likely you'll have this one assigned when running the updater as well so, you might try checking with your ISP.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2021, 05:13:02 pm by virtuali »

pilotbaptiste

« Reply #161 on: February 28, 2022, 09:01:14 am »
Hello,

I have followed all the step that everyone said to start couatl, but when I wanted to activate my GSX via Addon Manager in-game, I have the same message, and the FSDT Live Updater dont working too...
I have WIN11 et P3Dv4

Can you help me ?
Thanks
Baptiste

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #162 on: February 28, 2022, 09:06:13 am »
I have followed all the step that everyone said to start couatl, but when I wanted to activate my GSX via Addon Manager in-game, I have the same message, and the FSDT Live Updater dont working too...

You are replying to a that started in 2018 and didn't had any posts in two months. There's a STICKY thread about this, which has a solution on the 2nd post:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,25999.0.html