Author Topic: Trouble with vcredist  (Read 1405 times)

mitch

Trouble with vcredist
« on: March 03, 2022, 01:32:01 am »
I'm trying to do a live update and it tells me I need to delete this file. It's vcredist file_x86. I am running FSX.  I have this file but it was in a zip file still zipped. So I removed the file but still can not do a complete update. It get to 4 of 35 then shuts down the update.

#2.  I was flying to kord 3/1/22 and fsdt come across my screen saying it was running a temp down load for kord then it stopped the down load. I have never down loaded kord it just showed up in my scenery file. When I got there to kord I had no buildings then the buildings went away after five minutes. Then I had no buildings but I had gets.
I sure hope you can help with both problems.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Trouble with vcredist
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2022, 10:10:48 am »
the temporary folder being blocked is most likely the antivirus. Try to disable it while installing.

mitch

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2022, 12:31:40 am »
I turned off all my Anti-virus and I still can not get the update to get past 4 of 35 updates.
It tells me App data local temp vcredist_86 exe failed.
I have tried this process three times with no luck.
Thank you.

mitch

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2022, 01:21:11 am »
It also told me to delete that file.
Delete file c: user mitch app data local vcredist _x86.exe

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2022, 03:08:07 pm »
It also told me to delete that file. Delete file c: user mitch app data local vcredist _x86.exe

Please clarify what do you mean with that. Are you sure it "told you" to delete the file, or it just reported it has deleted it, which is what is supposed to do after it ran the VC installer ?