Author Topic: strange line across 4L  (Read 5524 times)

mrmattias

strange line across 4L
« on: March 16, 2009, 07:28:04 pm »
Hello, bought your scenery, and happy until now.. >:(, see my pic

mave128

Re: strange line across 4L
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 12:43:43 am »
hey,

this topic has been discussed many times.

this was umbertos last answer on that:

The small gaps in the textures (again, FS9 only), are not fixable because are depending on how DXT1 texture are rendered by FS9. FSX doesn't have this issue, because it uses DDS, so this can't be really fixed.

best wishes,
sören
best wishes,
sören

mrmattias

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 08:21:18 pm »
ok so what i get is an incompleted scenery design for 30euros, never seen this problem in any other add-on scenery, this is bad.
Then it should be stated it in the description of the product when beeing bought - that fs9 version is an beta. Otherwise its an awesome scenery, but when paying for extra stuff for an already bought product like fs2004 this must be better i think :), always love newyork !
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 08:23:32 pm by mrmattias »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 10:23:55 pm »
Then it should be stated it in the description of the product when beeing bought - that fs9 version is an beta

The FS9 version is not a "beta". It's a fully working product that have some minor issues, like this one, which are the result of not being designed with FS9 in mind.

What you are saying about providing a description in advance, doesn't apply to our sceneries because, as you might have noticed, we have a Trial version that can be launched an unlimited number of times, doesn't have any expiration date, so you have plenty of time to judge for yourself if the scenery meets your own expectations or not.

So, there's no need for a product description, because the Trial obviously it's much reliable that any description, and you don't need to spend any money to check if the scenery it's ok for you.

The fact that you haven't seen in other scenery, it's because, as we explained (many times already) we don't develop under FS9, we just take the FSX version and make just a straight conversion. Anything different, and there would be no FS9 version to begin with because, if we had to create 2 entirely separate versions of the scenery, we'd rather do 2 FSX-only scenery with the same effort.

In this case, that's another side effect of how the same geometry+textures is rendered much better in FSX, because of its better graphic engine, which supports better file formats.

As we said, many times already, the usual situations with addons, is that the FSX users usually have to suffer with the inferior version because scenery that is developed first in FS9, have issues and will always performs bad in FSX, because it wasn't designed with FSX in mind. Yet, FSX users do not seem to complain so much, and are usually treated with excuses like "FSX is bad", and "everybody" knows it. Of course, since there aren't many other developers offering full Trial for a scenery, this is not very apparent until after purchasing, something that obviously can't happen in our case.

The reality is that, a scenery that is designed for a specific version of the sim, will never work perfectly in the other version, this (as I've said) it's quite the norm with FSX user being usually penalized, but not because FSX is bad, just because the usual way is to develop for FS9 first, then trying to port to FSX. Since we do the opposite, it's just normal to expect the opposite result.

But, as I've said, on top of always clearly saying that we develop under FSX, with FSX in mind, the Trial version is there just to give users the chance to evaluate the scenery on their own system and being able to decide if the limitations of having backported to FSX version to FS9 are too limiting for their own expectations.

kyle joseph

• American Airlines 767-200
    • KJ762AA
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 02:12:19 am »
thats strange, I do not seem to have this error

danydj718

• FSX and FS9 user
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009, 09:23:38 pm »
thats strange, I do not seem to have this error

I have this problem in New York, Geneva, Zurich and Nassau (all FSX sceneries merged to FS9). But it's not bothersome.
Proud LSZH, LSGG, KJFK, KFLL and KDFW owner!