Author Topic: anti virus error after update?  (Read 3073 times)

cessnaflyer

anti virus error after update?
« on: September 13, 2018, 07:39:39 pm »
don't have much time as I have to go in 10 minutes. but I installed the new update for GSX and now when I go flying I get an error message about the couatl engine is not configured in my anti virus. how can that be I don't have an anti virus in my gaming computer. so how do I fix this and get GSX working again?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: anti virus error after update?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 12:01:03 am »
You surely must have at least the default Windows Defender so, configure that one.

DoctorJet

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2018, 11:52:08 am »
I have the same problem. Installing the latest update did not fix it. Nor does turning off antivirus.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2018, 11:53:26 am »
Try doing a Live Update again, after a Windows restart.

DoctorJet

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2018, 09:20:10 pm »
I have tried redoing the FSDT updater numerous times to no avail.

I am using GSX 2 with the LevelD-767 in FSX. I have tried several different third party airports including the New York Airports JFK and T2G LFPG and my home airport ImagineSim ATL. Most things work well. The old problem with a cargo loader appearing when it was not supposed to is gone.  The pushback works well and I like the new voice (think about adding national accents for different countries). The airport configuration tool works very nicely. The F5 gate at my JFK has a little gap between the gate hood and the plane, so I can peek in and see the passengers walking on to the plane, so that feature is working, too.

But I have two problems that others have reported also:
I cannot reset - Couati will not reload, even if I turn off all anti-virus protection and even after reinstalling GSX2 or redoing FSDT updater.
Passenger loading and unloading never ends - it just keeps going, and going, and going.  I cannot use the new system for changing the number of passengers because of how I use ATC software (Radar Contact) and AdvText display. You need a system that doesn't interfere with that. But even if I put on the plane a very light load (using TOPCAT), the problem persists.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2018, 09:33:35 pm »
So your problem is the Restart only ?

DoctorJet

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2018, 12:36:19 am »
Two problems
1. Cannot restart
2. Loading and unloading passengers never completes -- just goes on and on, even if I let it run more than an hour. Density is set to normal. But even with density higher, same issue. And I can't use reset to get out of it because then I lose Couati altogether and have to reboot FSX.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 12:39:00 am by DoctorJet »

PROUDY

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2018, 02:54:49 am »
I also had the same problem. I turned off all the virus and threat settings in Windows Defender and that worked. Turned them on again after it was loaded. Good luck
Regards
John

DoctorJet

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2018, 12:21:00 am »
Passenger loading appears to be a timing issue. I loaded only 25 passengers and it eventually completed, but took over 30 minutes to load just 25 people, so a full plane could take many times more than that which is completely unrealistic.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2018, 12:19:16 pm »
Passenger loading appears to be a timing issue. I loaded only 25 passengers and it eventually completed, but took over 30 minutes to load just 25 people, so a full plane could take many times more than that which is completely unrealistic.

We have a passenger density slider.

DoctorJet

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2018, 04:41:46 am »
Yes, and it does impact the time, but only meaningfully at the highest two levels. At very dense, it took 30 min to load the passengers on the LDS 767. I suppose that is "realistic" but not  sure how often folks want to wait that long. Since I still can't "reset" without losing Couati, once I start the boarding process I have no option but to wait for the 30-40 minutes it takes the plane to load.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2018, 02:06:02 pm »
Yes, and it does impact the time, but only meaningfully at the highest two levels. At very dense, it took 30 min to load the passengers on the LDS 767. I suppose that is "realistic" but not  sure how often folks want to wait that long.

Yes, it's realistic and if you set it to "Insane" it will be a bit shorter. During that time, you are supposed to prepare the cockpit for the flight, program the FMC, etc.

Since I still can't "reset" without losing Couati, once I start the boarding process I have no option but to wait for the 30-40 minutes it takes the plane to load.

Just like in real life...and it also depends how the passenger board. Do they come with a bus or they board with a single jetway ? With a bus, they can use up to 3 stairs at the same time, but with a single jetway they will take much longer.

And again, that's precisely why you have double jetways in real life.

Which of course, thanks to the other GSX Level 2 feature (the Jetway editor), you CAN add to any scenery.