Author Topic: Lights tower KLAS  (Read 5716 times)

christiaan

Lights tower KLAS
« on: June 11, 2009, 03:35:36 pm »
I have most of your sceneries and have downloaded the trial version of Las Vegas FS9.
However I have notice on your version compared to Simflyers that you do not have any night lights in the control tower, or red warning signs on the tower.

Also in other sceneries the these sorts of lights are mostly forgotten.

Is there an explanation for this, as this is the most important part of an real airport.

Some people have an an issue about grass & trees but I think the presence of tower light gives that finishing touch as the sceneries should be made as realistic as possible.

Attached you will see the Simflyer's KLAS tower at night.

;) ;) ;)

Even some cheaper or free airports have

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Lights tower KLAS
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 04:01:32 pm »
Our KLAS scenery obviously has night textures on the tower, including red warning lights, as can clearly seen by the screenshot below.

I think the picture you posted is quite unrealistic, because it's too bright, it looks more like a picture taken with a digital camera (that results in increased night lighting, because of the automatic exposure) compated to what can be usually seen with the naked eye, and of course the texturing is almost entirely flat.

We might try to make the red warning lights a little but more visible, but it's incorrect to say "you do not have any night lights in the control tower, or red warning signs on the tower"
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 04:03:48 pm by virtuali »

christiaan

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 06:58:47 pm »
Attached photo I have just taken from Dreamteam's KLAS.

As you can see there are still no lights.

The photo is from the full version which I have just purchased..

Has it something to do with the time or season when the lights show up?

Very confusing as there is nothing wrong with my eyes.

:-\ :-\ :-\

christiaan

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 08:00:46 pm »
I do not know hoe it happened but I have my tower lights.

I still had Simflyers KLAS and Afcad in my Scenery Library, the Simflyers KLAS  is now ticked off andthe Afcad removed, maybe there was a small scenery issue between the two sceneries, who knows.