Author Topic: GSX Audio Multiple Outputs  (Read 3972 times)

RobsterSF

GSX Audio Multiple Outputs
« on: September 12, 2018, 05:20:17 am »
Hi all,

I'm using GSX & GSXL2. Wondering if anyone might know how I can tweak my audio. I have the aircraft audio coming from the main speakers connected to the CPU. I use a headset and have ATC audio directed to the Flight Sounds FSX-Dual whee my headset is connected which works great as the ATC audio is pumped to the headset. Link to product below. For the GSX audio it can either be sent to the speakers on the computer or to the FSX-Dual device however if I direct the audio to the FSX-Dual I'll hear the Ground Crew (which is great) however I also hear the services trucks via the headsets. Not sure there is any way to accomplish sending the sound effects to the computer speakers and the ground crew audio to the headset? I see only one setting for Audio in GSX.

If not available it would be an amazing feature for future version so we might have the Ground Crew isolated to the headsets with the equipment audio playing via another output. Separate volume levels for each would be killer too. Open to any ideas anyone has.

Rob Pomon

https://www.flightsounds.com/fsx-dual

rafaelesp

Re: GSX Audio Multiple Outputs
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 08:59:58 am »
+1
This is a very good idea!

Aussie123

• Very happy GSX2 User
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2018, 11:35:43 pm »
I agree.
Being able to send the audio channels to separate outputs that you select (main default output / headphones output) is a great feature of P3D.
I have most of my B737 sound going to the main speakers built into the cockpit shell and then the ATC radios to two overhead speakers and pilot's headsets.
Presently, because GSX only presents one audio stream I need to send it to the default audio device. Great for most GSX sounds but the Ground communication is heard booming in surround.
It would be a 'nice to have option' to send ground communication, and maybe the dings, to a separate output in GSX. :-)
 Aussie
Prosim-AR B738 user on P3d V6

krono

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2019, 09:27:43 am »
This is a bump.
Hopefully someone will notice this request. I have been using GSX for years hoping that multiple outputs could be used. It is extremely frustrating to have a main program like this one without the ability to separate the voice and engine noises.

Ken E   ;)

Psybear

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2019, 09:33:05 pm »
Would definitely be nice Umberto. But don't delay the update for it. Unless it's already included.  ;D
Win10 Pro x64v2004 -256GB M.2 600p | Prepar3D v5.0 hf2-512GB M.2 960 Pro | Storage-1TB 850 Pro
Z270 XPower Titanium / i7-7700K @4.7GHz-H115i / 32GB TridentZ @3200MHz 14-14-14-34
GTX1070/8GB Quicksilver (451.48) |34W 2560x1080 | Crystal 460X-AX860i

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2019, 12:01:30 am »
Would definitely be nice Umberto. But don't delay the update for it. Unless it's already included.  ;D

It will likely not included (these things takes time), but we are looking into it.

krono

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2019, 05:04:06 am »
Thanks for the reply. I will just keep on waiting and hoping
 :)

p3dx3

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2019, 01:05:37 am »

It will likely not included (these things takes time), but we are looking into it.

Hi is this a feature that you are still looking at because I would like to separate the voice and environment audio of gsx on different outputs too thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2019, 11:54:13 am »
Hi is this a feature that you are still looking at because I would like to separate the voice and environment audio of gsx on different outputs too thank you.

Yes, but we still want to complete the pushback as promised long ago, before looking into this kind of usability features.

Ebertr

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2019, 08:09:59 pm »
Would be very nice to have that feature.  :)

Ruediger

mistyblue

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2020, 09:13:10 pm »
Just to bump this thread, I would like to see separated audio as well.  I have a home cockpit and would like the external sounds to play through the P3D surround speakers on one sound card, and voice audio to be routed to my cockpit speakers on a separate card.

krono

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2020, 12:55:35 pm »
Hiya

Still waiting and hoping for this to be implemented, it would be great to see. ;)

thierryd

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2023, 03:22:43 am »
I know this is an old topic but this feature would be greatly appreciated as it would increase the immersion. It would particularly benefit those of us who have a home cockpit but judging from the interest above it seems that it would have broader appeal.
I hope this would be considered at some point in the future.
Thanks,