Author Topic: SODE jetways  (Read 6466 times)

Tamba765

SODE jetways
« on: September 12, 2018, 05:16:06 am »
     I just installed KIAH for P3Dv4. I ran the updater, and installed the latest version of SODE and GSX 2. I have no anti virus, and no other KIAH addon scenery. When I try to activate SODE, it says there are no triggerable devices within 6.5 NM. I tried adjusting the aircraft position at the gate, and also tried different aircraft types. There's an item in the P3D scenery library called "FsDreamTeam Exclude", and I'm not sure if it's supposed to be there ,or if I did something wrong during installation. What is the  "Warp Me There" feature and where is the "Operate Jetways" menu. I don't see any of these things. Without getting too technical, what exactly do I need to do to get the jetways to work? Even if it's just ctrl+J, or SODE independent of GSX, I just want to move the jetways. Thanks.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 01:40:54 am by Tamba765 »
Pete Locascio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: SODE jetways
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 03:45:47 am »
You cannot use TAB-S to call SODE Jetways created by GSX. You must use the GSX menu instead, which is usually more precise, since it transmits the airplane configuration to SODE directly, so you don't have to check if your airplane is available or not in the SODE database.

Since you can also use the GSX menu to call SODE jetways at other non-FSDT airports, it's easier if you just use GSX for both.

Tamba765

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 04:58:36 am »
     Thanks for your reply, but you're still not giving me the information I need. Even after reading the GSX manual, I still don't see how to do any of this in the menu. Can you please be more precise, and tell me exactly what I need to do for KIAH? Once I see what I need to do, I will be able to solve my problem.  The fact is, I didn't purchase 3 of your airports for GSX. It's just that no one else had them.
     My other airport payware airport scenery works well with SODE, and I really don't want to use GSX at those places at this point. I'd rather get more comfortable with the interface at KIAH first, then I can make a more informed decision. Thanks again for your reply.
Pete Locascio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2018, 10:28:58 pm »
CTRL+Shift+F12 -> Operate jetways. You can get more details at Page 12 of the GSX manual.

Tamba765

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2018, 12:10:47 am »
     Sorry man, the Jetways are still not working, and CTRL+ Shift+F12 does nothing. I read page 12 several times, but it doesn't compute. The paragraph under "SODE Jetways usage" doesn't make any sense to me either. What is "Warp Me There? I don't see it anywhere in the menu, and no screens pop up that have anything to do with Jetways. I see an orange vertical line coming out of the middle of the fuselage, some blue vertical lines sticking out of the jetways, and 2 horizontal dotted lines from the jetway to door 1L on the B747, at KIAH gate E-7.  At this point, I have no idea what's going on, and obviously I just don't get it.
     I have the trial versions of both editions of GSX. I assume these should work at FSDT airports, right?. So, is there any way to operate the jetways totally independent of GSX? Thanks.
Pete Locascio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2018, 12:18:48 am »
As I've said, you CANNOT use GSX jetways without GSX. Those are SODE jetways, but are created and handled by GSX so, they MUST be operated by GSX.

Do you see the GSX menu under the "Addons" menu ? If yes, it means it's installed correctly.

If the menu doesn't work with CTRL+Shift+F12, it's possible either you changed the hotkey to be something else, and in that case you should check the assignment on the "Key Mappings" menu in the Couatl settings menu.

Or, it's possible another addon took that key (Ultimate Traffic does it, for example), so you must either use the "Key Mappings" menu in the Couatl settings menu to change it for GSX (using something that is not assigned to anything else), or change it in the other addon, if allowed.

Tamba765

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2018, 01:19:21 am »
     Ok, I checked the key mappings in the menu. Ctrl+F12 brings up a menu, but it only it only pertains to static aircraft. Ctrl+Shift+F12 shows in the key mappings as "GSX Menu by-passing YouControl" ,so the mappings look correct, but nothing happens when I press those 3 keys.
     Now, in the GSX Level 2 Control Panel is there supposed to be anything listed in the line highlighted in blue, below Jetway Exclude.BGL? What about the up and down arrows next to status and Compile? I'm not knowledgeable on thing like XML or .BGL files. I'm just a plug and play guy who hopes things work when I install them. The other products I purchased from you look good, although sometimes I have to restart the sim to get all the jetways and buildings to show up. Thanks.
Pete Locascio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2018, 01:21:01 am »
As I've said, it's possible another addon took that key (Ultimate Traffic does it, for example), so you must either use the "Key Mappings" menu in the Couatl settings menu to change it for GSX (using something that is not assigned to anything else), or change it in the other addon, if allowed.

Tamba765

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2018, 01:42:47 am »
I tried about 15 different combinations, but no luck. No window appears. What about the excludes? Does this have anything to do with it?
Pete Locascio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2018, 01:43:53 am »
I tried about 15 different combinations, but no luck. No window appears.

Can you open GSX from the menu ?

What about the excludes? Does this have anything to do with it?

No. If they did, I would have said that.

Tamba765

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2018, 01:48:05 am »
Well, since you didn't say anything before I didn't know if you saw it. Yes I can open the GSX menu.
Pete Locascio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2018, 01:50:45 am »
Well, since you didn't say anything before I didn't know if you saw it.

I don't know what do you mean but, in general, you can safely assume everything I say is the only thing that matters to your problem. So, if I haven't said anything to your question about the Exclude, it means it didn't matter for your issue.

Yes I can open the GSX menu.

So it's only a problem of the HOTKEY not working ? If yes, it can only caused by another adddon, so you must fix the key conflict.

Tamba765

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2018, 01:53:00 am »
OK, I'll keep trying. Thanks.
Pete Locascio