Author Topic: Can't install any FsFreamteam scenery  (Read 14039 times)

dabr0an

Re: Can't install any FsFreamteam scenery
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2009, 08:00:15 am »
I'm having the same issue also...

strange is..  when I installed KJFK first, nothing happened so I enter my key via fs-addon manager..

but after KORD, this error msg came out..

I'm runing VISTA 32 bit
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 08:03:10 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2009, 08:06:24 am »
I'm sorry, I don't have any other solutions that all the one posted previously on this thread:

This error comes from a known FSX bug that, sometimes, a newly installed module that has just been trusted, will not run on the first try.

The solution is allow the module to run, and not worry if FSX doesn't start the first time. Just launch it another time and, if the error still comes out, reboot Windows and try again.

Another issue might be that if, for any reasons, your FSX wasn't closed properly when you were installing the scenery,  some files weren't updated.

Try to do the following:

- Go to the FSX root folder, and manually remove the following files: bglmanx.dll, and all the bglmanx*.dat files (there should be 3 of them, remove all)

- Reinstall any scenery, and try again, as usual, allowing the module to run, even if it crashes and, eventually, reboot Windows before trying again.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 08:08:50 am by virtuali »

dabr0an

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2009, 11:19:14 am »
I'm sorry, I don't have any other solutions that all the one posted previously on this thread:

This error comes from a known FSX bug that, sometimes, a newly installed module that has just been trusted, will not run on the first try.

The solution is allow the module to run, and not worry if FSX doesn't start the first time. Just launch it another time and, if the error still comes out, reboot Windows and try again.

Another issue might be that if, for any reasons, your FSX wasn't closed properly when you were installing the scenery,  some files weren't updated.

Try to do the following:

- Go to the FSX root folder, and manually remove the following files: bglmanx.dll, and all the bglmanx*.dat files (there should be 3 of them, remove all)

- Reinstall any scenery, and try again, as usual, allowing the module to run, even if it crashes and, eventually, reboot Windows before trying again.

IT WORKS !!!

I removed those 3 files, re-installed. I got that error msg again. so I did what you said.. click run anyways..

no problem now !!

thanks.. now I understand why you said this run better w/ FSX.....   I've been using JFK for FS9 months..  and now, the FSX works even better !!

thanks for the help :)

ckaack

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2009, 08:08:54 am »
The files are all correct.

Are you running on Vista ? Try to disable UAC, and/or DEP. To see how to disable DEP, check here:

http://www.realtime-vista.com/administration/2007/04/disabling_data_execution_preve.htm

Have tried, but still the same problem. Now I reinstalled Windows 7 and FSX and it is working at the first sight. I am going to install more and more add-ons to see whether this has influenced the bglman.dll.