Author Topic: GSX SODE jetway and AI Aircraft  (Read 9343 times)

wtravelair

GSX SODE jetway and AI Aircraft
« on: September 09, 2018, 08:30:05 pm »
GSX Level 2 - great product. However am I correct in my understanding:

The manual says:
"When default jetways are Disabled, GSX will replace them with its own SODE-based version automatically."

As SODE 1.6.3 (latest version) properly enabled AI aircraft detection for jetway to attach to AI, if we replace all ctrl-j and original SODE jetways with GSX ones, we loose this feature?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 08:32:36 pm by wtravelair »

DreamSkywards

Re: GSX SODE jetway and AI Aircraft
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 08:31:47 pm »
Yep.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2018, 08:32:51 pm »
As original SODE 1.6.3 properly enabled AI aircraft detection for jetway to attach to AI, if we replace all ctrl-j and original SODE jetways with GSX ones, we loose this feature?

Yes. The reason why is that, has been explained here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18372.msg128046.html#msg128046

wtravelair

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2018, 08:38:16 pm »
Ok makes sense thank you!

Ghostrider114

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2018, 09:31:51 pm »
that's too bad, stock jetways docking to AI added to the immersion.  There's no way to cheat this?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2018, 04:20:30 am »
stock jetways docking to AI added to the immersion.

And would destroy the fps in the process too...

There's no way to cheat this?

No, it would require heavy changes to GSX, which would have to monitor the whole airport movements, to keep track of AI.

Derek Adam

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2018, 01:25:08 am »
Personally I am very disappointed in jetways not working with AI traffic. OK I understand the FPS reasoning, but
if it was instituted the immersion factor would increase 100%.  Perhaps only a few could be activated.
A great product which demonstrates the great skills of the programmers

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2018, 10:08:51 am »
OK I understand the FPS reasoning, but if it was instituted the immersion factor would increase 100%. 

The fps loss would likely kill the immersion factor too.

Perhaps only a few could be activated.

That would be granted, in case we'll ever try to do that. But in addition to the fps loss caused by the animated jetways themselves, I'm more worried on the impact on the sim for having to continuously monitor AIs, to check where they are. Even if we activated only few jetways around the user, we would still have to check the whole airport for AI, if only to check IF they are close to your position.

There's a huge thread in the support section with people reporting blurries that are seemingly related to replacement jetways, and they are all static, except for the user one. The last thing we need *now* is more impact on the sim.

jg7xman

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2019, 04:04:37 am »
Well there is a work around - if you have time.

Now in FSDTs defense, GSX is made with the "modder" in mind. If you like to customize your airports - this tool is definitely for you! On the same note, I will have to call FSDT out on the sin of "omission" - they should have been up front with these 2 things:

1. The jetways will not dock with AI
2. Mass changes may not always work with some 3rd party airports and "each" jetway may have to be adjusted manually (...actually this is in the 3rd party developer)

However we all know that would have killed the sales of this product on arrival.

That being said, I have set parking spaces on all of my airports that are always available or me.

I went into each SODE xml file and deleted the parking space I want for myself.
Now in GSX I can customize this space without affecting the other spaces used by AI.

If you have several airports, do as I did. Stick to international terminals and/or the same parking number or some pattern that is easy to remember if possible.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 04:06:34 am by jg7xman »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2019, 02:44:51 pm »
I will have to call FSDT out on the sin of "omission" - they should have been up front with these 2 things:

Not really relevant, when a product has a FULL TRIAL VERSION, especially the docking of AI would have been obvious even in the Trial airports.

1. The jetways will not dock with AI
2. Mass changes may not always work with some 3rd party airports and "each" jetway may have to be adjusted manually (...actually this is in the 3rd party developer)

However we all know that would have killed the sales of this product on arrival.

That's highly debatable. Since the product sales are still very good right now, 10 months after the release, and it comes with a Trial, it's clear most users don't really mind the fps-killing AI docking feature.

And of course, there are so many pre-made customization files shared here and in so many other places, that the whole issue of "you must do a lot of work, especially on the 3rd party airports", is not totally obsolete, since it's doesn't matter how much work is required, as long pre-made customization files are going to be shared. And they surely are.

jg7xman

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2019, 05:16:30 am »
The part that I dislike the most is that this is the most finicky piece of software in all of the addons over the years. It's like it never does what I want it to do.
Like now - I can't replace a jetway at KORD M16 for the life of me.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2019, 11:20:37 am »
The part that I dislike the most is that this is the most finicky piece of software in all of the addons over the years

Which of course is wrong but, if you don't clearly explain what you are trying to do in detail, is impossible to tell you what you did wrong.

. It's like it never does what I want it to do.

It surely does, if you understand how it works.

Like now - I can't replace a jetway at KORD M16 for the life of me.

You don't say which scenery you are referring to. Assuming you mean the old FSDT KORD, it uses standard jetways so, there's no reason why it cannot be replaced on that particular parking. If you mean another scenery for KORD, as explained so many times on the forum, depending on the kind of jetways the scenery comes with, the replacement procedure is entirely different and, in some cases (static jetways not separated from the terminal mesh), not even possible.

In addition to that, I don't understand what this post has anything to do with jetways docking with AI, which is the thread subject.

If you need support for GSX, open a new thread in the support section (this is the backdoor section, which discusses new features), use a proper subject, and clearly describe your problem so, as usual, we can first check if you are doing something wrong and, if it was *really* something that need a fix on our side, we'll fix it.

jg7xman

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2019, 01:23:53 am »
virtuali - thank for putting up with my whining, I am seeing a therapist  :) This is why I keep buying your products Haha!

For the record, I really like the concept of GSX. it trips me up at times.

So I am trying to replace the jetway @M16 with FSDT KORD - when I exclude the jetway, it doesn't show up in the exclude BGL, thus it always shoes up and cannot be replaced.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2019, 01:26:23 am »
it doesn't show up in the exclude BGL

What do you mean with this ? And please, again, open a separate thread, in the proper section, with the proper title, and clarify your problem.